Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:30:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is it possible to hide the bitcointalk advertisement?!  (Read 214 times)
omer-jamal (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:23:37 PM

i mean this advertisement  after each topic : https://i.imgur.com/ftSVU0v.png
not a signature..

if there css selector for this ads can add it to Stylus!‬..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2019, 02:46:54 PM

Open your profile, click on Forum Profile Information and you will see option to disable ads:
Disable ads:
Please don't do this unless you really need to. The forum's ads are not very annoying!

omer-jamal (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:53:30 PM

Open your profile, click on Forum Profile Information and you will see option to disable ads:
thanks there is no option like this I think this option only for a higher ranks...
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:55:25 PM
Merited by omer-jamal (1)

Open your profile, click on Forum Profile Information and you will see option to disable ads
This option is only available to heroes, legendaries, donators, VIPs, and moderators.

theymos has gone to some lengths to prevent ads being blocked by ad blockers and third party extensions. You may be able to block individual ads by manually adding content from the ad (HTML, CSS, etc.) to your ad blocker, but this is time consuming, not guaranteed, and will need to be repeated constantly as and when new ads buy slots.

So to answer your question, probably not. This is probably the only site I use where I don't routinely block ads. A single ad per page really isn't that intrusive.

Ad blocking

Hero/Legendary members, Donators, VIPs, and moderators have the ability to disable ads. I don't expect many people to use this option. These people don't increase the impression stats for your ads.

I try to bypass Adblock Plus filters as much as possible, though this is not guaranteed. It is difficult or impossible for ABP filters to block the ad space itself without blocking posts. However, filters can match against the URLs in your links, your CSS classes and style attributes, and the HTML structure of your ads.

To prevent matches against URLs: I have some JavaScript which fixes links blocked by ABP. You must tell me if you want this for your ads. When someone with ABP and JavaScript enabled views your ads, your links are changed to a special randomized bitcointalk.org URL which redirects to your site when visited. People without ABP are unaffected, even if they don't have JavaScript enabled. The downsides are:
- ABP users will see the redirection link when they hover over the link, even if they disable ABP for the forum.
- Getting referral stats might become even more difficult.
- Some users might get a warning when redirecting from https to http.

To prevent matching on CSS classes/styles: Don't use inline CSS. I can give your ad a CSS class that is randomized on each pageload, but you must request this.

To prevent matching against your HTML structure: Use only one <a> and no other tags if possible. If your ads get blocked because of matching done on something inside of your ad, you are responsible for noticing this and giving me new ad HTML.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 03:23:45 PM

theymos has gone to some lengths to prevent ads being blocked by ad blockers and third party extensions. You may be able to block individual ads by manually adding content from the ad (HTML, CSS, etc.) to your ad blocker, but this is time consuming, not guaranteed, and will need to be repeated constantly as and when new ads buy slots.

I just tried this with my adblocker (ABP) out of curiosity on another browser, (not because i am against forum ads necessarily.), and it is actually surprisingly easy.

Open addon -> Block element -> click the entire "ad" below the post -> confirm. Refresh the page, and rinse and repeat. It took me less than a minute to block the ~4(i think?) ads which are currently in circulation.

I think these are all the ads currently in circulation.
Code:
bitcointalk.org##.bitvestprofit
bitcointalk.org##.bitvestbar7
bitcointalk.org##.bitvest1
bitcointalk.org##.sportsbet21
bitcointalk.org##.s9324983274_top
bitcointalk.org##.s9324983274
bitcointalk.org##.sportsbet11
bitcointalk.org##.sevsevsevcoin-link
bitcointalk.org##.sevsevsevcoin-ad
bitcointalk.org##.olddiv.b6575939
You can copy & paste above in Settings -> Advanced -> My filters

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 03:31:18 PM

Just leave it on. It's far far less obstructive compared to the ads we see on most websites; and not to mention it's only like an inch in height. Bitcointalk is a free service, and Theymos monetizes this forum through those small ads. It's not that much to sacrifice to leave those in display honestly.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bernardos

Activity: 686
Merit: 45

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 03:33:36 PM

Why is it such a big problem to see an add? No one forces you to click on it. The forum needs it as a way to finance itself.
The information posted here is all free but it is very valuable. There are no subscription fees of any kind and the least we can do is to at least keep the ads running and support the forum in that way.  

Content writer and Croatian translator. Contact me for more information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: