Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:29:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ICOs be put to an end?  (Read 602 times)
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:26:08 PM

Why should it be done? I mean a lot of projects on the market are trash at the moment, but if you search better, you can find great ICOs that have a huge perspective to become really big in the nearest future.

So there's no reason for ICO's to end, because we can't stop new developers to come and start all over again for another promising projects. The strategy of being a good researcher is an assurance for us to determine whether that project is legit or scam. Don't bind yourself with the bad speculations and it's one way of confirming that the ICO will fail or not when you see team members are active in their project development.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 10:35:40 PM

It seems to me that there are new projects everyday in this Crypto industry. This has made me to think about the total number of fiat currencies in the world. I got to know that there are about 180 fiat currencies recognized by the UN.  CMC recognizes 2094 cryptocurrencies as at now.  Looking at the difference, do you think it'll help us to compete with fiats?  
How does the numerous cryptocurrencies affect the growth of our Crypto industry.
Will putting an end to ICOS do something good in the crypto industry?
On my part, I would support the scaling down of the number of cryptocurrencies in existence. Since it will be unfair to holders to simply ban a particular cryptocurrency, the solution therefore lies in preventing numerous ones for starting up by putting a restriction or making the process of starting a new cryptocurrency difficult.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
QNaka

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:48:52 PM

It is fair to say that the current version of ICO is doomed to failure in the long term, and therefore they need constructive changes or strict rules to obtain the necessary trust status for both investors and developers.
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 08:31:21 PM

If possible that should be a Yes. If all we have from a good project these days can be only airdrop and bounty and they find their way to an exchange themselves and sell their ico there. And if a good verification can be done by exchange to avoid scam project, I think it will be nice.

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
capableuwa1
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 09:25:28 PM

No, there's no need for that. We need to sort for more information to know the best ICO's to invest in. Most ICO'S still do well after the marketplace but very little of them and the  percentage is very minimum. Over the last couple of weeks ago, I have seen BitTorrent making waves in the Marketplace as one of the best ICO's in January 2019 because most Investors that Invested and bought the ICO's should be Happy as well.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 09:32:46 PM

There is no need to put an end to cryptocurrency and no altcoins in the crypto space can be approved as a means of exchange, peradventure a regulatory body such as SEC is aimed ta doing that So even if we have over hundreds of thousands of cryptocurrency, not every one of them can pass such test.
ICOs can keep coming, just like there are different forms of investments outside the crypto world.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 09:48:16 PM

Putting an end to ICO may not necessarily be the solution for the decline in the market value of coins like bitcoin, ethereum and the rest of the the top five crypto currency in the market. Although ICO in recent time has become an avenue for scammers to dup investors if their money and that is why so many people including my humble self will not invest in any ICO again.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:38:23 PM

Nope, not really, not all ICOs does the same with previous scams, some are still rightful and seems to be in a good shape. Stopping ICOs can also lead to a down fall of BTC, besides these altcoins are also made to increase the value and to increasr the demand of BTCs in the market. Its just that sime shitty bastards are using ICOs for some bad ideas such as scamming just for their own good.
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 645

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:43:18 PM

Not this time and there is no need to shut them down unless that certain ICO isn't providing good into the community or it could just ruin the image of crypto space. I know there are still few numbers of legit projects running and it they'll might be potentials for investing. That is only to be a big search for us cause we are already flooded with unrealistic/ unreliable projects causing us to loss if we fall into them.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:45:45 PM

ICOs should not end, just needs to be regulated for the reason to scam ICOs  being eliminated. Competition between many projects is not a problem and many of them are utility tokens and not payment solutions.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
harapan

Activity: 1694
Merit: 298

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:49:09 PM

I do not agree that the ICO must be removed, because not all are purely fraudulent. all you have to do is filter every new ico, so there will be no more ICO fraud.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
entebah

Activity: 1537
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:51:28 PM

I think that all ICOs must be given strict regulations, not terminated, so that they can prevent fraud ICOs, so that they can provide security for Investors who want to invest in the ICO. Because if without ICO Bitcoin will be lonely
minttop

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:58:23 PM

What do you mean speaking about putting to the end? It is something unfamiliar to me. I believe that ICOs shouldn't be postponed, ICO is an effective way to fund your product

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 11:46:05 PM

Will putting an end to ICOS do something good in the crypto industry?
Yes this will bring in a positive impact. Investors will have a better focus and direction. For now, the entire crypto markets looks very vague. No one is sure of the newly introduced tokens either as most are probably fake.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 11:50:34 PM

No. ICOs should not be put to an end because i believe ICOs are very good platforms to raise funds towards projects for the crypto community. Even though many people have absconded with the funds of innocent ones i still believe that ICOs should still be in operations just that people should be very careful the projects that they invest in.

lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 05:54:44 PM

I don't want to compete with fiat. Crypto and Fiat both can be used in one time. The crypto market is not doing well since the middle of the last year. Not only last year but also every year ICO market faced a high amount of scam incidents! Right now, every coin's price is very low, old investors stopped investing because ICOs are not profitable for the bear market, New investors are not coming enough. So, overall, the crypto market is going through under a difficult condition. This is not an ICOs problem. Last month the ICO market raised more than 150 Million USD, I think that amount is very high according to the present market.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 06:08:40 PM

After one year of this thread seems like ICOs becoming to extinct since IEO takes place of the fund raising so people who can afford for it going to IEO but still lot of ICOs there still they are not making any considerable amount of fund raised.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2019, 07:22:35 PM

In as as much as there are lots of scam Ico's I really don't think initial coin offering should be put to an end. It is needed to raise fund for projects but there should be strict regulations to wipe out scam projects.

upyem2k

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 10:38:18 AM

I see this post was about a year now. ICO is already a thing of the past. The scammers are back to their drawing board to design another way of manipulation into the IEO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: