Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My personal point of view as a beginner ....  (Read 1786 times)
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 05:19:10 PM

But you dont hardly get any merrit here Not talking about BTC

It's better to give merits to those extraordinary informational threads than a common post for discussing BTC. Every topic in the Bitcoin discussion is mainstream and considered as a mega-thread. Most of them are ordinary and every people in here can actually give those kinds of statements, nothing special. Here in the forum, everyone can talk about BTC and you can acquire that knowledge by spending a little amount of time for searching it in google. There are no concrete statements that might help others, sometimes it's just full of opinions without a basis.

..and dude this might help you.. click here.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Successmaniac4

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 09:30:20 PM

There is nothing so difficult that you cannot do. If only you set your mind to it, you will definitely succeed. The obstacles will definitely come, but you shouldn't be hit by it, don't give up because you can achieve whatever you set your mind to

konfuzius5278

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 09:57:56 PM

I dont want to argue here about BTC or Not.
You See I am attacked Just because I say take some time in Altcoins thread . Maybe you find something interesting.

Yes it is possible that someone might find a thing or two that you say to be interesting... largely you are just rehashing altcoin pumping talking points and you are not really saying anything important or meaningful.

And I Stick the Argument , user long in this thread Fight for BTC because they bought maybe 10 for 1000 Dollar.

Yeah.. you want to ignore everything that is said, and boil it down to bias.. .  You are a dumbass simpleton.

LN has nothing to do with BTC would work with every other coin. And its only needed because of Bitcoin behavoir .

LN is not needed.  It is just an enhancement or an additional option for BTC users that is still in very early stages of development.

BTC is an Investment, no crypto currency. Because with a Cryptocurrency you Can pay today.

BTC can be used however you would like to use it and if you believe it is practical to spend it, then do it.

Gresham's law would suggest to spend the less valuable assets/currencies first.... but it is a personal choice if you would like to spend it.

Thats not possible with BTC because LN still really complicated and in child shoes.

If lighting network is too complicated, then don't use it. whatever.

So calm Down.

And the Argument I have No clue. I Take experiance for 2 year every Day 4-5 hours.

Yes... you are so so smart, and write a lot of gibberish at the same time, so your suggestion that you are actually adding some kind of value rises mostly to the level of fantasy rather than actuality.
Bitcoin  can not be used as payment ??  I go supermarket,  go to cashier and wait MINIMUM 5 minutes (middle between 1 sec and 10 min= before the cashier knows I have spend the money. Oh And there is no block found for 1,5 hour. Thats bad :-)
With DASH , one of your shitcoins its possible in 2 sec without any add on like lightning network or company proof your payment....

Yes Proof of Work was the first idea, and other idea muss less consuming energy will follow :-)

We talk again in 10 years lets see who survived :-)

By the way the I loose the hell of money. Most in Bitcoin because I thought the hashrate would adapt the price, then exchanges I payed listing my coin and then disappear and DEV taking money and dissapear.
The only shitcoin I loose money was REEF. I learned a lot with it.
Now I earn money running a mining pool and trade your shitcoins  Cheesy

For the german speaking community please visit my Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4uWvf8yNBVE39YYlI5N9Q
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 06:19:45 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

I dont want to argue here about BTC or Not.
You See I am attacked Just because I say take some time in Altcoins thread . Maybe you find something interesting.

Yes it is possible that someone might find a thing or two that you say to be interesting... largely you are just rehashing altcoin pumping talking points and you are not really saying anything important or meaningful.

And I Stick the Argument , user long in this thread Fight for BTC because they bought maybe 10 for 1000 Dollar.

Yeah.. you want to ignore everything that is said, and boil it down to bias.. .  You are a dumbass simpleton.

LN has nothing to do with BTC would work with every other coin. And its only needed because of Bitcoin behavoir .

LN is not needed.  It is just an enhancement or an additional option for BTC users that is still in very early stages of development.

BTC is an Investment, no crypto currency. Because with a Cryptocurrency you Can pay today.

BTC can be used however you would like to use it and if you believe it is practical to spend it, then do it.

Gresham's law would suggest to spend the less valuable assets/currencies first.... but it is a personal choice if you would like to spend it.

Thats not possible with BTC because LN still really complicated and in child shoes.

If lighting network is too complicated, then don't use it. whatever.

So calm Down.

And the Argument I have No clue. I Take experiance for 2 year every Day 4-5 hours.

Yes... you are so so smart, and write a lot of gibberish at the same time, so your suggestion that you are actually adding some kind of value rises mostly to the level of fantasy rather than actuality.
Bitcoin  can not be used as payment ?? 

Are you fucking retarded?  Of course bitcoin can be used as a payment.  All you need is for the other person to be willing to take it and you wanting to use it in that way.

I go supermarket,  go to cashier and wait MINIMUM 5 minutes (middle between 1 sec and 10 min= before the cashier knows I have spend the money. Oh And there is no block found for 1,5 hour. Thats bad :-)

Oh, you want to create a scenario in which you pay right away and you need confirmation right away, then nope.  Probably in those circumstances, then the waiting time might get in the way.

You are a dumbass..... You are creating one kind of scenario.. so fucking what?  There payment solutions being worked on, to the extent that might matter to some people in some circumstances.

With DASH , one of your shitcoins its possible in 2 sec without any add on like lightning network or company proof your payment....

If I had DASH, I would want to get rid of that stuff as soon as possible too.  So yeah.. good idea.  Use dash for that.

Yes Proof of Work was the first idea, and other idea muss less consuming energy will follow :-)

And, proof of work is the innovation, you dipwit.   We already have a number of payment systems, wend don't have anything that is even close to bitcoin in terms of censorship resistant and secure... so if you can wrap your tiny little noggin around that then maybe you will appreciate what bitcoin is offering to the world in terms of the innovation.... otherwise go play around with your alt coin, such as dash or whatever you want to play around with to offer little to no value that bitcoin does not already offer.

We talk again in 10 years lets see who survived :-)

Yes.. good idea.. now go pump your baloney shit somewhere else.... and I don't even care anyhow.. I am happy about my investment currently in bitcoin and I don;'t have to wait 10 years to change my investment.  I can change my investment allocations at any time that I want... no need to wait 10 years, if I believe that there might be  a better way of allocating my investments.

By the way the I loose the hell of money. Most in Bitcoin because I thought the hashrate would adapt the price, then exchanges I payed listing my coin and then disappear and DEV taking money and dissapear.

You have some personal grudge?  Hm?  Is it relevant?  Or you just raising some baloney point that does not really mean anything except you fucked something up in some kind of personal way that is not applicable to anyone except yourself?

The only shitcoin I loose money was REEF. I learned a lot with it.
Now I earn money running a mining pool and trade your shitcoins  Cheesy

Sounds like you are a bit lost.  How long have you been into bitcoin?  or shitcoins or whatever you are in?  Maybe you should explain your history a bit in order why we might be able to understand the various ways that you are screwing up.  We have been in a bull market recently, so it should be a lot more difficult to lose money as long as you exercise some prudence and discipline without gambling too much on bullshit.  That is supposed to be part of the point of this thread to attempt to figure out bitcoin first before going all over the place with thousands of other bullshit projects that may or may not be good for your long term financial or psychological health.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
konfuzius5278

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 01:29:26 AM

@JayJuanGee I never insult you personal but you name me "dumbass or dipwit (maybe a insult also google translater dont know)  in every post 3 times. But you are legendary member, you can do this without any reaction of the mods. Thats what this forum is like

Paying in supermarket is no special scenario, its standart for a currency. And NO supermarket accepts Bitcoin without any assistence of a extra company going advance.
Travel to venuzuela and you can see the use of crypto with DASH in everyday live at some e.g. fastfood restaurants just ON chain.
Maybe some solution in years. Yes thats what Bitcoin is like, WAITING :-)

Yes my personal experiance is relevenant because name of the thread is about myself beginning crypto

I think you have Alzheimer illness, because I explained detailed how much crypto experiance I have because you called me "dumbass" before.

You are so hardline, you are the dumbass.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 02:20:55 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2019, 02:33:23 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by cabalism13 (1)

@JayJuanGee I never insult you personal but you name me "dumbass or dipwit (maybe a insult also google translater dont know)  in every post 3 times.

Yes.. exactly.. you are dumbass and dimwit or whatever other appropriate adjective because you continue to persist with your baloney themes of trying to pump up bullshit strategies based on shitcoin nonsensical talking points to suggest that people invest in shitcoins because supposedly they fill some valueable role that you have yet to clearly present.  Wasn't it already suggested that you take your baloney nonsense about comparing and contrasting other coins that you might be able to pump well spreading nonsense about bitcoin's supposed deficiencies somewhere else?  

You don't even attempt to make any kind of meaningful or reasonable assertions beyond providing cursory talking points that are not even true.

But you are legendary member, you can do this without any reaction of the mods. Thats what this forum is like

Who put you in charge of forum etiquette?  If you outline some kind of reasonable plan, instead of seeming to pump misinformation, then maybe you might inspire some sympathy,.. maybe?

Paying in supermarket is no special scenario, its standart for a currency.

Yes.. it is also an altcoin pump talking point about their supposed superiority that does not exist.  Being able to spend does not cause the asset to be more superior if the asset is not in itself valuable.  If you ever heard about Gresham's law, like I already suggested, then you will understand that there is already an incentive for folks to spend their least valuable assets first.

And NO supermarket accepts Bitcoin without any assistence of a extra company going advance.

I doubt that you are even correct.  There are a lot of supermarkets around the world, yet I doubt that whatever you are saying makes any sense anyhow, if someone like OP, is saying to invest in bitcoin first before getting involved in shitcoins, therefore, even if shitcoins can be used more easily than bitcoin (allowing for your presumption that might not even be true), that still does not mean that newbies should not invest in bitcoin first before getting involved in shitcoins, so in some sense, what you seem to be proclaiming, konfuzius5278, about shitcoins being more spendable than bitcoin still would not justify that OP is not correct about investing in bitcoin first.  What's your point?  What's your point?  And, how is it relevant here, beyond me continuing to label you as a dimwit for continuing to raise it as if it were some kind of a priori consideration when it is not?

Travel to venuzuela and you can see the use of crypto with DASH in everyday live at some e.g. fastfood restaurants just ON chain.

does anyone care?  Are you trying to pump dash?  Do you think that newbies should invest in dash first?  or modify their portfolio to include dash, for some reason?

Maybe some solution in years. Yes thats what Bitcoin is like, WAITING :-)

You hardly have proven anything by saying that people can't use bitcoin in venezuela.  I have heard that there are quite a few people mining bitcoins in venezuela.. but no I have not been there.... but I still doubt your representation based on your pure assertions.  Have you been to venezuela and are you actually representing venezuelan facts accurately?  I doubt  it.  Even if so, I remain a bit unclear about the relevance of such facts, even if they were true.  Furthermore,  you have already shown yourself prone to exaggerate about irrelevancies and striving to persist with your discussion of irrelevancies.

Yes my personal experiance is relevenant because name of the thread is about myself beginning crypto

O.k.  Have you told us anything about yourself, yet?  Why don't you tell us about your personal crypto investment history and allocations?  You don't need to give us exact amounts or dates, but give us some ideas of your portfolio, how long you have been in and how your crypto portfolio is performing and how you believe it might perform in the future based on your having had learned from your history in order to structure your portfolio for the future.

I think you have Alzheimer illness, because I explained detailed how much crypto experiance I have because you called me "dumbass" before.

You are correct that I do not remember the part about your supposedly providing your crypto experience(s)...

You are so hardline, you are the dumbass.

dumbass regarding what?  Are we supposed to be talking about investment strategies for newbies?  O.k.   let's do it... Can you explain what is a good crypto strategy that might compare or contrast with the recommendations of OP?  I had asserted that I largely agree with OPs recommendations and I had provided a variety of reasons for that which were relatively similar to OPs.  If you are suggesting some kind of alternative strategy, then get into describing the strategy with some kind of particulars and maybe compare such recommended strategies with your own experience while suggesting why your recommendations might be good or even better than those provided by OP.  

I am all ears, and probably other members would like to hear about your possible investment strategy/plan too, to the extent that you have any specifics that you can provide beyond vague assertions..  

For example, how would you recommend that a newbie begin to invest, let's say that such hypothetical newbie just found out about bitcoin/crypto, and wanted to begin to invest with a kind of 6 month plan.   Such member has a $6k savings and $3k of expected extra income that could be dedicated to bitcoin/crypto in the next 6 months.  

How should such member approach the planning of this investment strategy for the next 6 months?  If you do not like the scenario that I had outlined, then provide another scenario that you might consider to be more realistic in order to illustrate whatever supposedly not dumbass points about bitcoin/crypto investing that you would like to make about investing in bitcoin/crypto for newbies.

If you provide a reasonable crypto/bitcoin investment plan that accounts for the above 6 months scenario that I provided or some kind of more telling scenario while making some kind of reasonable attempt to compare or contrast with OP, even if I do not agree with your recommended crypto/bitcoin investment plan, then I will promise to retract my already made and repeated assertions that you are a dumbass, dipwit or any other possibly "over the top" adjectives that I might have prematurely employed before giving you an adequate and reasonable opportunity to explain your earlier crypto/bitcoin investment assertions.  

Fair? Or am I continuing to be too much of a BIG meanie?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 04:11:36 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

@JayJuanGee I never insult you personal but you name me "dumbass or dipwit (maybe a insult also google translater dont know)  in every post 3 times. But you are legendary member, you can do this without any reaction of the mods. Thats what this forum is like

I'm a bit worried to your feelings so here, "Butthurt Cream"

Or am I continuing to be too much of a BIG meanie?
Yeah, you're being such a bully 😂 Just chill out, we knew that this newbies are lacking. Even if you explain it to them shit by shits they won't even understand. Its like teaching a monkey to peal a banana but suddenly eats all of it  Tongue .
Though some of them acts high and feels like they're mighty when it comes to crypto. Just ignore it buddy 😂
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 04:55:27 AM

I'm a bit worried to your feelings so here, "Butthurt Cream"

Or am I continuing to be too much of a BIG meanie?
Yeah, you're being such a bully 😂 Just chill out, we knew that this newbies are lacking. Even if you explain it to them shit by shits they won't even understand. Its like teaching a monkey to peal a banana but suddenly eats all of it  Tongue .
Though some of them acts high and feels like they're mighty when it comes to crypto. Just ignore it buddy 😂

Hahahaha... I prefer NOT to be a meanie, even though it comes out of me once in a while. Wink

I certainly don't mean to clutter up Mic's thread because mic seemed to have been trying to suggest some ways for newbie crypto investors to consider getting into bitcoin and focusing largely on bitcoin from the start.. and not getting distracted by shitcoins.  

Surely, not all members or even a significant number are going to agree with that kind of bitcoin prioritizing perspective, and maybe if konfuzius5278 attempts to respond to my last hypothetical and provide a meaningful alternative approach, then at least he will gain some credibility.

I have been personally participating in these kinds of threads and this forum to learn and to share bitcoin related experiences with others, and if it turned out that I was too tough on konfuzius5278 because I was not open enough to a portfolio or an approach that allowed for a much higher consideration of altcoins, then I will be more than willing to apologize to konfuzius5278 if he at least makes a meaningful attempt to respond to my hypothetical or something similar.  

Since he has been coming at me fairly strong, if he does not, then in my thinking it will continue to be more than fair game for me or anyone else to continue to call him the names that I have already called him.  

I know that all of us do not necessarily agree with how to treat trolls, shills, alt coin pumpers, bitcoin naysayers, no coiners or other seemingly disingenuine posters, but I am more than willing to admit that I was wrong if that ends up being the case with my treatment of konfuzius5278, but only if konfuzius5278 is able to at least attempt to provide some kind of meaningful attempt at a response.  Such response from him need not be any kind of masterpiece in order for me to take back some or all of the harshness that I have so far already dished out in his direction regarding this topic.   Wink

By the way, you are correct about some kind of need that all of us have to NOT get too emotional regarding the posts of others or to take them too seriously, so yes, butthurt cream can definitely be helpful, even if merely in picture form.  

Thanks for providing that picture of butthurt cream for any of us lil fellas to use for our viewing pleasures.

konfuzius5278

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 01:19:18 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2019, 03:09:14 PM by konfuzius5278

@JayJuanGee Yes you were very tough and words like dumbass is not needed here for a serious discussion.

One thing keeps in my mind to say: Any hardliner in the wourld, policial or economical is a dumbass in my eyes. There is no black and white truth. Everyone should know.

And if you are really interested why some alts are maybe good investment I would point out now some:

Big player:

DOGE: startet as funny coin, no updates, but stable since 5 years. Fast Transfer, Has same periodic waves as bitcoin and its cheap now with 30 sat. I would take some and sell back to 70 sat (then you have your BTC)

DASH: very hard development, first Masternode coin, so no simple fork of BTC, has updated a strong 51% attack protection in last update, masternode holders depend the way of the coin by voting, as I said before payments in secound on chain as regular payment, no extra fee is needed any more.
Price prediction is hard but I would give it a try, also cheap at the moment.

IOTA: big discussion everywhere, NO fork of BTC, technical child shoes, contracts with big automotive company, risky investment but when suceed BIG win.

small player (of course more risky)

AXE: has grouth its value 5 times in 4 weeks, is a copy paste of actual DASH, CMC rank about 200 , but cheaper to hold a masternode, maybe too late to jump in

HTH: Also a DASH fork, will make an swap with actual DASH code including a change to X16r algo of Raven. Mostly interesting: Accepted charity organisation in the US, possible big exchange listing, very cheap because of several factor so no high risk, two option: trash or really big groth.

If some more come in my mind I will write....

Edit: Sinovate: Relativly new, uses bigger exchanges, Algo X25 relativly new, interesting idea about Masternode to avoid pump and dump: coins for started Masternode are burned, the reward is payout over a year.

But you are right, many small alts just copy paste with sometimes scam intention , sometimes just too small to survive.

And as you see I have my own experiance starting a coin as social project, but run out of money by scam of exchanges and devs.

Theme is very complex also with bitcoin and tether taking the price, so EVERY Invest must be good checked.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 04:33:38 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2019, 05:16:04 PM by JayJuanGee

@JayJuanGee Yes you were very tough and words like dumbass is not needed here for a serious discussion.

What the fuck do you know?  You are engaging in the kind of behavior to justify such language usage from me.  In total, I am likely being too nice to you by even giving you several opportunities to redeem yourself from your current nonsensical status..

One thing keeps in my mind to say: Any hardliner in the wourld, policial or economical is a dumbass in my eyes. There is no black and white truth. Everyone should know.

Of course, there are other examples of injustices, ironies and dumbness in our world but that does not mean that you are not acting like one of those examples of a dumbass or a dimwit, as well.  

Pointing the finger at other examples seems to be failing/refusing to take responsibility for your own situation by engaging in diversion tactics.

And if you are really interested why some alts are maybe good investment I would point out now some:

Not looking for advice regarding how to gamble with my money (or for newbies to gamble either).  Looking for you to make a description of how to approach a btc/crypto investment portfolio for me or for newbies.

Big player:

DOGE: startet as funny coin, no updates, but stable since 5 years. Fast Transfer, Has same periodic waves as bitcoin and its cheap now with 30 sat. I would take some and sell back to 70 sat (then you have your BTC)

Didn't I already provide you with a budget for 6 months?  How much of the 6 month budget goes into this coin?  And, you are saying to just hold it until it reaches 70 sats.. that's a somewhat reasonably understood guideline, I suppose, if the price of doge goes there that is another question, but at least I would know to sell at that point, and presumably go into bitcoin at that time.  Are there other scenarios that I should sell, or if it goes down rather than UP, I just keep holding until it goes to 70 sats at some point?

DASH: very hard development, first Masternode coin, so no simple fork of BTC, has updated a strong 51% attack protection in last update, masternode holders depend the way of the coin by voting, as I said before payments in secound on chain as regular payment, no extra fee is needed any more.
Price prediction is hard but I would give it a try, also cheap at the moment.

You need to be more specific regarding how much of our newbie budget that we are putting in to this one and when to exit, no?  How else we going to know what to do with our budget?

IOTA: big discussion everywhere, NO fork of BTC, technical child shoes, contracts with big automotive company, risky investment but when suceed BIG win.

small player (of course more risky)

O.k.... again how much of our 6 month budget goes here?  and when do we know when to get out?

AXE: has grouth its value 5 times in 4 weeks, is a copy paste of actual DASH, CMC rank about 200 , but cheaper to hold a masternode, maybe too late to jump in

Ok. so in the end, you are saying don't invest in this one?  Remember that I wasn't going to invest in anything other than BTC anyhow?  So by telling me (or anyone else) not to invest in this one, you are not suggesting anything different from the original plan.  How is that helpful?  I suppose that if i am going to give you some benefit of doubt about why you brought up this particular coin would be just to say that such a coin would have been a past opportunity, is that what you are meaning?  We can look at a lot of charts and see past opportunities, can't we?  Should we let those distract us from our current plans?

HTH: Also a DASH fork, will make an swap with actual DASH code including a change to X16r algo of Raven. Mostly interesting: Accepted charity organisation in the US, possible big exchange listing, very cheap because of several factor so no high risk, two option: trash or really big groth.

O.k.... again how much of our 6 months budget goes here?  and when do we know when to get out of this one?

If some more come in my mind I will write....

We are deciding our investment portfolio and plan now, no? How are we going to decide in the future when you might add some more coins?  Does our plan require having to listen to you or to some other oracle on a regular basis regarding what to invest into and how to create or plan or how to tweak our plan on a regular basis?  That does not seem good to have to depend on anyone else to provide future tips about coins or having to go through a constant and uncertain process of tweaking on an ongoing basis?  And regarding all of these investments how much time are we going to be spending on watching them to know when to get out.. and now you are suggesting when to get in, too?

Edit: Sinovate: Relativly new, uses bigger exchanges, Algo X25 relativly new, interesting idea about Masternode to avoid pump and dump: coins for started Masternode are burned, the reward is payout over a year.

Haven't even gotten away from this post, and you are already coming up with more factors to consider in our investment plan.  Would be nice if your ideas were already set, no?  With these ones, are you suggesting acting or not in regards to any of them?  You want us to follow these projects to figure out if we are going to add them in the future?  Isn't there some difficulties in using so much brainpower to attempt to follow various nonbitcoin projects and potentially spreading out our time and money so thin?

But you are right, many small alts just copy paste with sometimes scam intention , sometimes just too small to survive.

At the same time, you are suggesting that instead of investing in bitcoin, you want us to try to follow all of this nonsense to be able to attempt to spot an opportunity in some various other cryptos, and when we do spot an opportunity then we need to be able to get in and out of the "opportunity" at the right time, no?  

I am having some difficulties understanding how your proposed investment approach would be better than starting with a focus that is mostly on bitcoin, like mic had suggested from the start.

And as you see I have my own experiance starting a coin as social project, but run out of money by scam of exchanges and devs.

The more coins that any person has (whether newbie or otherwise), then the more potential for scams, no?  like you said, more shady exchanges and shady devs.  So you seem to be suggesting that newbies increase their avenues of risk by adding a bunch of other projects to their portfolios?

Theme is very complex also with bitcoin and tether taking the price, so EVERY Invest must be good checked.

Huh?  You are trying to suggest that bitcoin is a scam, too?  Because of tether?  Here comes some more idiocracy, no?  You must merely be trying to justify your decision to invest in a multitude of crypto projects by trying to lump bitcoin into a similar kind of category, in order to kind of throw your hands up and suggest that all cryptos are equal, including bitcoin?   I am not too convinced by your attempting to lump bitcoin in with your other scam coins.   

By the way, overall, I will praise you for attempting to provide some kind of additional ideas about some other crypto projects, but you have NOT even come close to suggesting any kind of specifics, except perhaps for your recommendation about doge that was the most specific of all of your recommendations, but hardly is even helpful to invest in one of your suggestions if I don't know, in accordance with the budget that I provided to you about how much of my current $6k to put in or how much of $3k cashflow over the next 6 months.

For now, I might not call you a dumbass as much as I was, unless you cause me to by saying some more dumb things, but certainly, you are not really providing very good proof that you are not a dumbass in accordance with what you are suggesting that we (or newbies) should do in terms of their current crypto investments.

Accordingly, you have not provided enough of an investment guidance yet to justify my retracting any of the times that I have already thrown out such dumbass or diptwit epithets in your direction.  You surely left me (or any newbie) without much guidance for investing over the next 6 months, and compared to mic's plan, the newbies would likely be swimming in your vague guidance that also does not say how much, if any, bitcoin should be included in such proposed investment plan allocations.  

Furthermore, even if you had not liked the 6 month budget scenario that I had presented to you, you had not even created your own budget proposal  scenario or even an alternative investment timeline.  Newbies need more concreteness  and guidance than you are providing, no? Seems that OP's post comes much closer in the direction of providing direction and concreteness for newbies, and even better focal points than what you have so far provided... It's like you are attempting to think through the plan as you go rather than having something that you can present to a newbie, no?

konfuzius5278

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 08:18:19 PM

How can I ever say how much someone invest. Just point out why a few dollar is good idea. A few dollar that might get lost

And my final statement: You know also BTC is manipulated as EVERY crypto and most standart shares.... if you dont know sorry but you must have been blind.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 08:45:30 PM

How can I ever say how much someone invest. Just point out why a few dollar is good idea. A few dollar that might get lost

I provided you with a hypothetical.  In the hypothetical, I told you that if we supposed that a person has $6k already that s/he is willing to invest into crypto and that same person has a cash flow that allows another $3k to be available for investing in crypto over the next 6 months.  So that is $9k available in the next 6 months with $6k available right away.  Therefore, I already provided you with an investing budget and a tentative investing timeline, and you seem to not understand the concept of having a budget or working within some realistic timelines that start from the present and go a ways into the short term future?

And my final statement:

Well, maybe that is about as graceful of an "exit" from you that we could expect.  I thought at least you would provide some kind of investment scenario (or make a meaningful attempt), but whatever, you don't seem to be ready or able to accomplish any kind of semblance of creating an investment plan that could be applicable to newbies that would challenge OPs recommendation(s) in any kind of meaningful way.

You know also BTC is manipulated as EVERY crypto and most standart shares.... if you dont know sorry but you must have been blind.

No I did not know that.   I know that the presence of manipulation has been asserted and argued to be present for the last nearly 6 years that I have been investing into bitcoin, yet I also have recognized that those kinds of claims about manipulation tend to be overly exaggerated and frequently misinformation, and at best are very incomplete descriptions of bitcoin's market performance dynamics.

Furthermore, You assert BTC manipulation as if it were true and equal to manipulation taking place in other cryptos, which demonstrates your own lack of abilities to understand substantial and material differences that exist in bitcoin as compared with other cryptos which makes some of your recommendations regarding NOT investing or diluting newbie investment away from bitcoin to be questionable at best.  But I am glad that we finally got sorted through a decent amount of that.  Geez.

mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2425

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2019, 06:29:01 PM

Don't drive the wordy man mad or else he'll drown you in his 99999999999999 words.

This post for example has:

"1,788 words 9,651 characters"
source

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 06:47:50 PM

Don't drive the wordy man mad or else he'll drown you in his 99999999999999 words.

source

hahahahahaha

I think that I may have calmed down now.

Either I drove konfuzius5278 into giving up by barraging him/her/it with too many words or perhaps, just perhaps, s/he/it was full of shit from the beginning that s/he/it suggested that there might be some better strategy approach to investing in crypto, besides starting out with bitcoin, and s/he/it ended up being unable to comply with a very simple means of plugging an investment starting plan into a hypothetical.  

Basic investment planning and strategies should be able to fit any kind of investment plan and/or strategy into a hypothetical that involves both a budget and a timeline, no?  I even suggested that konfuzius5278 could tweak some of the parameters of the hypothetical to make the hypothetical more to his/her/its liking.  But, so far (crossing my typing like a crazyman bot fingers) no more hearing from konfuzius5278.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 07:55:42 PM

Just a question: why do you define yourself a beginner and you have a legendary account from 2017?

Huh Roll Eyes
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 08:45:34 PM

Just a question: why do you define yourself a beginner and you have a legendary account from 2017?

Huh Roll Eyes

He's been a beginner for a lot longer than a couple of years - look again.

我想要火箭和火车
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 09:28:18 PM

Huh Roll Eyes

You are referring or asking the question of OP, right?  OP is a hero rank (probably soon to uprank to legendary) who I believe started investing in bitcoin in 2017.

Seems that he is describing his mentality when he was a beginner and from when he started investing in BTC in 2017, but I suppose that he can elaborate or respond to your question about why he took such a perspective.  I doubt that it is a far stretch for anyone who is more experienced to attempt to describe what it was like as a beginner, even though you are correct that he is much less of a beginner than he was back then.

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2019, 06:24:17 AM

source
I thought I'm the only one who noticed how long he posted. Its too complex for me that I can't understand some of it Cheesy (or I'm just a noob person out of nowhere) but anyway, it makes the thread active so.......

Huh Roll Eyes
The rank of the account doesn't define if you are a beginner or not in crypto. The fact is there are legendary ranked members here whom I can consider as a beginner like me Wink. @JayJuanGee said it all, I just seconded it  Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
OcTradism

Activity: 1736
Merit: 801

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2019, 06:31:38 AM

What the fuck do you know?  You are engaging in the kind of behavior to justify such language usage from me.  In total, I am likely being too nice to you by even giving you several opportunities to redeem yourself from your current nonsensical status..
JJG, you are so patient to keep long-lasting 'discussion' with that guy, whom might be drowned with your wordy-flood soon.
Personally, if someone don't have open-minded, so we should simply give them maintaining their mindset. No need for wasteful and endless discussion, IMO.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 06:32:54 AM

source
I thought I'm the only one who noticed how long he posted. Its too complex for me that I can't understand some of it Cheesy (or I'm just a noob person out of nowhere) but anyway, it makes the thread active so.......

There are some forum members here who have a psychological condition called: "word-count envy."  

Sad, but true.  

Source.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: