Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:28:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My personal point of view as a beginner ....  (Read 1785 times)
El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 11909

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 10:58:11 AM

In here JJG explained a BTC-n00b how and what it is, so good job Smiley

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
konfuzius5278

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 12:52:29 PM

No one explained here why bitcoin is the best or for JJG the only investment.

JayJuanGee brings up many words as someone has written before, only says my argues ar false. No detailed discussion about any argument

Bitcoin is controlled by global players, such named whales which can modify the course when ever they want.

Moving 200k BTC (thats 1.6 Billion USD) on 29.07 (see whale alert https://twitter.com/whale_alert) is for fun? Dont think so. Technical purposes  Roll Eyes

What about Bitmain? The whole high hashrate [which is the best about BTC for many of BTC users] is given on one company. Firmware error? Planned exit ecam?

And no price control by tether, never be? Producing and burning coins for 5 Billion USD is only an accident  Huh Huh(https://cointelegraph.com/news/tether-mistakenly-minted-5-billion-usdt-and-immediately-burned-them)

Dont be so naive about BTC beeing immune about everything

For the german speaking community please visit my Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4uWvf8yNBVE39YYlI5N9Q
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 10128

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 03:22:44 PM

No one said that bitcoin is best and only investment, you diptwat.

JayJuanGee brings up many words as someone has written before, only says my argues ar false. No detailed discussion about any argument

Do you not know how to read?  You have been presented with a hypothetical and an opportunity to provide your alternative investment scenario, you continue to fail and refuse.  In other words, you have made no meaningful argument that is relevant to how to invest if newbie or otherwise.

Bitcoin is controlled by global players, such named whales which can modify the course when ever they want.

That is a BIG presumption that does not seem to be provable based on actual facts.  Furthermore, these supposed manipulative whales are surely allowing a lot of regular people, especially the ones who chose to buy, accumulate and HODL bitcoin to profit stupendously from that particular course of action.

Moving 200k BTC (thats 1.6 Billion USD) on 29.07 (see whale alert https://twitter.com/whale_alert) is for fun? Dont think so. Technical purposes  Roll Eyes

Yes.  On blockchain movement of coins can be seen from time to time.  What does it mean?  Do you know?

What about Bitmain? The whole high hashrate [which is the best about BTC for many of BTC users] is given on one company. Firmware error? Planned exit ecam?

Bitmain is not bitcoin, and who gives any shits what they chose to do?  They can do what they like.  Remember MTGOX?  in January 2014, BTC was trading on their platform above $1k, then sunk to $600 by February 2014, then the ability to withdraw on MTGOX became worse and worse and coins were trading on their platform in the lower $100s while trading in the $600s for the rest of the market.  Thereafter they suddenly closed, and then announced that they had lost about 800k BTC and then said that they recovered 200 of those lost BTC.  That MTGOX trauma seemed to have affect BTC's price for a decent amount of time after that, and the lost coins have still not been recovered and the found coins still have not been distributed, but the BTC price still has gone up, even with the craziness of the irresponsible custody results of that third party entity. 

Has taught some HODLers and accumulators not to trust very many of their coins with third parties.

And no price control by tether, never be? Producing and burning coins for 5 Billion USD is only an accident  Huh Huh(https://cointelegraph.com/news/tether-mistakenly-minted-5-billion-usdt-and-immediately-burned-them)

Again?  Who cares? 

Is anyone saying that BTC is immuned from everything?  I think not.    One thing I do know is that you keep raising fearmongering points, but you still have not described an investment plan or scenario which seems to have been the theme of this thread and your initial opposition to OP.  Now, you are changing the story, but it remains unclear what you are saying exactly?  Are you saying don't invest in bitcoin? 

What about the altcoins that you were touting in a few of your earlier posts?  Do you think that those alt coins are better off than bitcoin if some of the supposed shenanigans were to play out from various third parties, like you had been speculating?   

You are the one who seems naive, unable to focus and unable/unwilling to provide an investment approach/plan that is better than the one described by OP.  One of the reasons that any of us might reasonably conclude that your investment approach/plan is NOT better than the one described by OP is because you have failed/refused to provide any kind of investment approach or plan.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 09:36:48 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The volatility and movements will go slower with the years, user count will keep increasing, coins will get divided more and more under people, still realise this is only her for a few years.... Its logical that there where early believers of this tech and big buyers that now holding more BTC but the market will keep growing and more and more people will be buying, thats why its very much of interest to buy whenever you can and just to HODL a part on cold storage and if possible to keep a part to use on daily base

El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 09:37:46 AM

But it is the best Tongue

Not the only ....... but still its the best Tongue

konfuzius5278

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 12:25:48 PM

I stop here. These legadary users have again forgotten their netiquette.

I am no idiot. I am doctor of emergency medicine have studied 6 years at german university and 10 years in job having saved hundrets of lives.

The only reason to use this forum is to check the altcoins ann thread. Thats not possible at discord.

I am so sorry I forget that again. Apologise me   Grin

For the german speaking community please visit my Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4uWvf8yNBVE39YYlI5N9Q
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 06:14:14 PM

Well, maybe you are proving me wrong, micpeep?

You certainly have a right to way whatever you like, yet I think that saying bitcoin is the "best" is attempting to make a kind of guarantee to its future performance, so even though you have a right to way whatever you like, I doubt that anyone can really genuinely make any of those kinds of guarantees without proclaiming sorcerer status, and I will call bullshit on anyone proclaiming to be a sorcerer.

I do think that it is fair to not only say or show that bitcoin has been amongst the best of performers of all asset classes, but also to make various arguments and proclamations that bitcoin is "likely" to continue to be either the best or amongst the best of future performers.  That is part of what makes bitcoin such an asymmetric bet because it has so many odds in its favor, and I would outwardly proclaim that people who know about bitcoin and have some kinds of investment funds are dumbasses if they do not make efforts to allocate at least 1% of their investment portfolios into bitcoin. 

By the way, if bitcoin were a sure bet, then the recommendation would be to put 100% of your assets into bitcoin, and I really think that is both way too extreme, a bit foolish and also unnecessary.  You can bet way higher on bitcoin, including putting large percentages of your wealth into bitcoin, and still profit stupendously without going 100% into bitcoin.  I know that some people attempt to do that, but I think that is not a very smart way to live, even if they these kinds of people are trying to show their commitment with the degree of their putting their money where their mouth is.

I understand that every persons situation is different, including their living standard and perhaps even poverty that they were born into, so in some sense there are going to be people who have way more disposable income who are going to be able to perpetuate rich status  more than some people in more poor situations and less disposable income or assets.  Poor people will still likely be able to profit from the incentive structures that are established around bitcoin, and they could more personally profit, too if they were able  to attempt to put even a few dollars  a month into bitcoin... and I understand that there can be some difficulties, even with that, and I doubt that all of the world's inequalities are going to be solved overnight either...even  if bitcoin likely does provide a decent amount of incentives to move the world in a more fair direction overall and through systems that are likely going to continue to place value into bitcoin in the years to come.. .. and surely even with a short timeline we are going to see a lot of this likely evolve and develop and surely will be good to have some personal stake in bitcoin too... 1% to 10% is prudent, even though there is going to be a decent amount of people who come to their own conclusions about levels that they consider to be prudent for their own situations as they judge them to be.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 06:30:17 PM

I stop here. These legadary users have again forgotten their netiquette.

Good riddance.  You can fuck off as far as I am concerned, and I have a decent level of confidence that a lot of other readers of this thread can recognize that you have hardly provided any kind of value or contribution to this particular conversation, except maybe to the extent that your troll/shilling and non-substance has provided a kind of talking point spring board, but that indirect contribution was not even really by much of anything meaningful that you provided, including the fact that you failed and refused to even make any kind of substantive or meaningful investment recommendation like you were suggesting that you would be able to do.

I am no idiot.

You are pretty fucking close to an idiot when it came to your participation in this line of conversation and demonstrated by your various posts in this thread.

I am doctor of emergency medicine have studied 6 years at german university and 10 years in job having saved hundrets of lives.

Who gives any ratt's asses about the supposed knowledge level that you might have in the real world or your supposed real world contributions.  Go earn your grammies, oscars and nobel prizes through those avenues, to the extent that you are prize worthy.  It does not matter in this thread or in this forum in terms of credit being giving in accordance with contributions by post.  Here in the interwebs, we cannot absorb your supposed real world status through osmosis.

The only reason to use this forum is to check the altcoins ann thread. Thats not possible at discord.

O.k.  Well you chose to participate in this thread, too by posting herein.  That was your choice.  No one here twisted your arm in terms of your decision to make a few posts in this thread, and no one is either stopping you or forcing you to post in the future in this thread or otherwise.  If you think of something meaningful to post, then come back and post it.. otherwise, have fun in the altcoin ann threads or otherwise.

I am so sorry I forget that again. Apologise me   Grin

What is the apology for, exactly?  For posting here?  For deviating from your participation in those other threads?  I doubt that there is any real need to apologize, because if you have something that you can contribute to this thread or otherwise, then you should do that and it is completely your discretion whether to participate or how to participate in this thread or otherwise.  It would be nice if you used some of your supposed doctor brain power to reflect on what kinds of assertions that you were making regarding how you are suggesting that people invest their money (you were mostly suggesting not to invest in bitcoin, it seems), and if you are able to come back and back up your claims at some point including suggesting a beginning portfolio for the here and now, then some of us here might be able to compare and contrast your recommendations to the recommendations made by OP or whatever other investment related points that you would like to make that are somewhat within the theme of this thread.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2448

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 06:48:51 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Whether Bitcoin is the best is a subjective opinion. It is certainly not the best investment for my 90-year old lady friend who doesn't own a computer. Bitcoin is a unique product, because it was the first, it managed to grow through a period of 51% attack vulnerability, and it is now at a stage where such an attack is not possible in my opinion. I can't see how any new coin can achieve this position now that the weakness is known widely.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 07:57:22 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

@micgoossens you are not probably alone  when it comes to newbies entering the market. I guessed the major flaw that the industry have is to attract newbies that it is a money making machine that can instantly make a person rich, its true somehow but you won't be earning from it if you just jump right in on trading in an exchange or just trying to build your own mining rig. They just jump right it without any kind of strategy because they are blinded on the idea that they will earn right away, the end result is they probably end up losing their money because they lack preparation on entering the industry.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 08:30:33 PM

You certainly have a right to way whatever you like, yet I think that saying bitcoin is the "best" is attempting to make a kind of guarantee to its future performance, so even though you have a right to way whatever you like, I doubt that anyone can really genuinely make any of those kinds of guarantees without proclaiming sorcerer status, and I will call bullshit on anyone proclaiming to be a sorcerer.

Damn, so i'm allowed to call myself a sorcerer Tongue

Whether Bitcoin is the best is a subjective opinion. It is certainly not the best investment for my 90-year old lady friend who doesn't own a computer.

What is a good investment for that lady, should she still invest or better enjoy her older days??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I of-course do understand both of you, their is NO outspoken best investment thing etc

But still BTC is imo still in its baby shoes and have an amazing upward potential....

Nonetheless always be careful with investing without doing any research as been said before....

El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 08:36:07 PM

@micgoossens you are not probably alone  when it comes to newbies entering the market. I guessed the major flaw that the industry have is to attract newbies that it is a money making machine that can instantly make a person rich, its true somehow but you won't be earning from it if you just jump right in on trading in an exchange or just trying to build your own mining rig. They just jump right it without any kind of strategy because they are blinded on the idea that they will earn right away, the end result is they probably end up losing their money because they lack preparation on entering the industry.

Indeed greed and the thinking of being rich tomorrow cause of BTC is blinding people very often, even some newer guys that I know and bought BTC when it was rising from 7-8K-ish prices are telling now that they already understand BTC etc not gonna sell etc
But already seen this before, if people never been tested then its difficult to say if they truly understand the term "HODL", or "LONGterm perspective" etc

I also do think people need to have cold storage coins that will be in HODLsleep for very LONG time
and
I do think people must have coins for daily use and try to experiment in daily use cases.... try to buy stuff with BTC, use BTC for transactions etc

Just work with BTC when u can and get used with it....

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 10:58:51 PM

Sure, there are quite a few people who call themselves sorcerers, and I think that they lose credibility, but you can call yourself a sorcerer if you want to be considered in that same kind of category... Some call them bulltards, and that is a real thing if you are placing too high of a certainty on events that have not yet happened.

You would even be more reasonable to be assigning ridiculously high probabilities, but whatever.. do what you like.

Whether Bitcoin is the best is a subjective opinion. It is certainly not the best investment for my 90-year old lady friend who doesn't own a computer.

What is a good investment for that lady, should she still invest or better enjoy her older days??

People who are elderly should be taking decently low positions in highly volatile assets.  How they should apportion their portfolio depends on a variety of factors, but most of the time, people in their 90s would be silly to investing in high risk or planning for long timelines that they might not be able to reach.

I of-course do understand both of you, their is NO outspoken best investment thing etc

But still BTC is imo still in its baby shoes and have an amazing upward potential....

Nonetheless always be careful with investing without doing any research as been said before....

One of the most important research components remains researching into one's own personal details, including financial situation, cashflow, other investments, risk tolerance, view of the assets, timeline, and skills and time available to manage their portfolio.

El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 09:38:14 AM

Sure, there are quite a few people who call themselves sorcerers, and I think that they lose credibility, but you can call yourself a sorcerer if you want to be considered in that same kind of category... Some call them bulltards, and that is a real thing if you are placing too high of a certainty on events that have not yet happened.

You would even be more reasonable to be assigning ridiculously high probabilities, but whatever.. do what you like.

Haha LoL, of-course I never did any sorcerer predictions  Smiley But I will remain with my strong believes in BTC and I think my investments into BTC are healthy compared with my day to day life etc  (that will be different for each person, and maybe difficult for some to find a good balance .....)

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 03:08:41 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2019, 03:24:04 PM by JayJuanGee

Haha LoL, of-course I never did any sorcerer predictions  Smiley But I will remain with my strong believes in BTC and I think my investments into BTC are healthy compared with my day to day life etc  (that will be different for each person, and maybe difficult for some to find a good balance .....)

Of course, everyone has to find a good balance for themselves personally (or their team).   A phenomenon remains that even if some people, maybe even yours truly, might consider you to be too overly bullish in your word choices, the point of the matter is that you have really decent chances to be correct, even in your hyperbole, and at the same time, a good 50% of the world don't really know what bitcoin is, even if 70% or more may have heard of it, but still less than 1% have taken any kind of meaningful action to invest in BTC or to keep their investment in BTC in any kind of meaningful and/or significant way.. which can even be a minimal investment of 1%, and that amount of stake could become life changing.  

It seems that both you and I have invested for the upside possibility.  I had initially intended to invested around 10%, but then the market turned down for so long during 2015 that my dollar cost averaging even relatively small amounts caused my amount to go into the 13% to 14% territory, and I did not really feel any skin off my back for investing those kinds of quantities into bitcoin, and surely the magnitude of BTC's price appreciation that began in late 2015 brought the value of my whole investment way the fuck up and caused my BTC investment to dwarf the remainder of my various investments, even when at the same time in early 2017 when a decent amount of my BTC were hacked.  My remaining BTC investment still continued to flourish in value as compared with the remainder of my investments into other traditional assets.

Likely each of us, whether we have a team or not, has invested decent amounts of our investment capital for that upside possibility in bitcoin and such investment has been paying off quite a bit better than any other reasonable investment vehicle that was available to us as regular peeps (or teams) getting into such investing matters, which surely it is going to take a decent amount of time for a decent number of other normies to even take 1% to 10% stakes into bitcoin, which is surely their choice, and for not want of our willingness to share information about BTC.  Surely, we are doing our part in sharing information with people, so the information is available for anyone who looks into the matter.  

Surely, 1% to 10% investment into BTC might seem like low stakes to us, but also seems prudent and would end up to likely cause world changing circumstances for a decent number of the nocoiners and fence-sitters to actually get them started down the bitcoin road and to have some stake in the game, which has decent chances for being a path in which a lot of future world value gravitates, whether we root for the appreciation of bitcoin or not....

So likely you and I agree quite a bit, except for some of the semantics that we (or our team) are using in our discussion of bitcoin's present value or future value... so even if you go on speaking in absolutes or more in absolutes than me, perhaps the outcome will not be much difference between either of us in terms of both future richie and likely already richie status that we have already begun to realize through bitcoin at its current price performance arena.  

There are NOT too many traditional investments that are available to normies like us that go up 3.5x in 3 months and then continue to be bullish and looking like they could reasonably be at another 3x to perhaps 30x in the coming 2 years or less.  So in that regard, if anyone even has 1% to 10% of their investable capital in bitcoin, they are going to come out quite well.  Both you and I would be recommending towards the upper ends of those amounts and perhaps you would even recommend higher than those amounts, but concededly if the seemingly late to the party no coiners or fence sitters were to reluctantly put low amounts such as 1% into bitcoin, they would likely be thanking us later (maybe even in 2 years or less) for acting as less of dumbasses for having had not invested earlier or having had sat on the fence for such a time already.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 04:05:49 PM

Haha LoL, of-course I never did any sorcerer predictions  Smiley But I will remain with my strong believes in BTC and I think my investments into BTC are healthy compared with my day to day life etc  (that will be different for each person, and maybe difficult for some to find a good balance .....)

It seems that both you and I have invested for the upside possibility.  I had initially intended to invested around 10%, but then the market turned down for so long during 2015 that my dollar cost averaging even relatively small amounts caused my amount to go into the 13% to 14% territory, and I did not really feel any skin off my back for investing those kinds of quantities into bitcoin, and surely the magnitude of BTC's price appreciation that began in late 2015 brought the value of my whole investment way the fuck up and caused my BTC investment to dwarf the remainder of my various investments, even when at the same time in early 2017 when a decent amount of my BTC were hacked.  My remaining BTC investment still continued to flourish in value as compared with the remainder of my investments into other traditional assets.

So likely you and I agree quite a bit, except for some of the semantics that we (or our team) are using in our discussion of bitcoin's present value or future value... so even if you go on speaking in absolutes or more in absolutes than me, perhaps the outcome will not be much difference between either of us in terms of both future richie and likely already richie status that we have already begun to realize through bitcoin at its current price performance arena.  

I do agree and I know we both are strong believers of BTC as a useful tool and with a big possible upward potential...

I didn't knew that you have been hacked..... Can you share some of that? How it happened? Always useful for beginners to prevent from happening.....

OcTradism

Activity: 1708
Merit: 800

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2019, 04:25:15 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Form your stories, I thought you all already been rich, because you invested in Bitcoin so early, before 2015. Everyone has different chances, but taking chances or not, it will make different destinations. I just knew about Bitcoin recent months. I heard about Bitcoin when it hits it's ATH nearly $20,000, but hesitated to start to invest when Bitcoin dumped to below $3200. Now, I thought I eventually bravely enough to enter at price $9500 days ago. Hope that it will help me to exponentially increase my balance next 6 years.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 04:49:22 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

I do agree and I know we both are strong believers of BTC as a useful tool and with a big possible upward potential...

I didn't knew that you have been hacked..... Can you share some of that? How it happened? Always useful for beginners to prevent from happening.....

I don't want to go into too many details, but the hack that I experienced was similar to the same kind of hack that quite a few bitcoiners have been experiencing related to transferring of sim port.  So if the hacker is able to get into one of your e-mail accounts and is able to port your sim to another phone (meaning your phone number), then they can reset passwords on a large number of accounts.  Of course, once they get into your accounts, then they can withdraw the bitcoin very quickly, and that withdrawal is non-reversible.   

Taking extra measures to secure your phone numbers, emails, and exchange accounts, including using various forms of two factor authentication can be helpful. 

These kinds of hackers tend to have a team, and they are likely able to do more and more and quickly access many accounts including if they get into your apple account to shut off some of your apple devices, and surely could be more problematic too, if you had backed up certain information in the cloud....

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 04:52:19 PM

Form your stories, I thought you all already been rich, because you invested in Bitcoin so early, before 2015. Everyone has different chances, but taking chances or not, it will make different destinations. I just knew about Bitcoin recent months. I heard about Bitcoin when it hits it's ATH nearly $20,000, but hesitated to start to invest when Bitcoin dumped to below $3200. Now, I thought I eventually bravely enough to enter at price $9500 days ago. Hope that it will help me to exponentially increase my balance next 6 years.

It can take a decently long time to build up wealth.. including having enough invested into bitcoin in order to make a difference

El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 04:59:50 PM

@JJG, pity you have had to experience that....and indeed people have to secure their accesses to there BTC very well.... First of all as much as possible on cold storage device etc and for other stuff strong PW's (use key pass tools), 2FA  and so on ....

Even good to use a computer only used for your crypto Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: