Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:13:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After 24 hours of mining on the Coinmine One, I've earned only $0.28 🥴  (Read 219 times)
undertheradar47 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 01:39:53 PM

This device isn't worth the cost today, but perhaps once they roll out lightning network/interest-earning features I'd reconsider.

But $700 is too much for anyone to pay for the Coinmine One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZWFlZRDSO4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 03:15:52 PM

1. About the hardware of this miner.

There is just one information about it that it contains RX 580, Celeron CPU and 8GB RAM.

2. Regarding Profitability. Spoilers: There isn't any.

Let's consider going with ETH first. As it contains an RX580 GPU. The max hashrate it can provide is 31 MH/s in the best case scenario consuming around 200W for the whole system. Considering that we can estimate it will earn 0.0021 ETH per day with an electricity cost of $0.48 per day. ( 10 cents per KW )
So, in a year we will only make 0.7665 ETH considering that hashrate remains the same excluding electricity.
If we include electricity it will result in a net loss of $62.5 with the current price.

Whereas

In the website, it says that if you mine ETH and sell it at the current price after 1 year you can make $137 which is rough ~ 0.95 ETH.

How?

Second, let's go with Monero (XMR). As everyone knows that Monero is switching to RandomX algorithm. It'll make mining obsolete for GPUs. Still, they think you can make this much at the current price.

Third, lets go with BTC. According to the website, you can make $231 at the current BTC price.

For this, the machine needs to have an hashrate of 13250 GH to make that much in a year.
There is seriously no information about the hardware used to achieve that much in SHA256.

3. Verdict

As mining as hit a downturn and you can easily build a rig for half the cost with similar performance.
Why buy this?
It's not at all worth it and in the end, it'll end up being just another paperweight.

huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 02:31:31 PM

This device isn't worth the cost today, but perhaps once they roll out lightning network/interest-earning features I'd reconsider.

But $700 is too much for anyone to pay for the Coinmine One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZWFlZRDSO4

Well placed 'influencer video' though, they're really putting the work in on the promo front.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1407

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 03:00:03 PM

No doubt a creative way to sell outdated hardware for high value.

GPU: RX580 8GB GPU.
CPU: Intel Celeron CPU.
RAM: 8GB RAM.
Basic motherboard and PSU ...

Roll Eyes
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 06:20:05 PM

Roll Eyes
The price is around $699 which is you can build smaller specs with rx580 and earn the same amount of profit or higher(Depends on the coin you mine.)

You build the same specs here around $200 the price of AMD rx570 and rx580 2nd hand is very cheap nowadays.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 06:28:08 PM

Roll Eyes
The price is around $699 which is you can build smaller specs with rx580 and earn the same amount of profit or higher(Depends on the coin you mine.)

You build the same specs here around $200 the price of AMD rx570 and rx580 2nd hand is very cheap nowadays.
A lots of 2nd hand RX series are being sold cheaply so why bother to buy this rig if you can build your own to a much cheaper price. If you still considering mining then building your own mining rig is better than supporting this. If you have broad knowledge and you still trusting your instincts that in the near future everything will bounce back.
AnkleBiter

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 02:28:19 PM

Between price and shipping delays, I don’t think their ready for prime time yet.  Had one on order, waited 15 weeks, then canceled.  Each time I reached out they said it would ship in 2 weeks only to not have it ship out. 
mak013

Activity: 2366
Merit: 756

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 09:15:10 AM

Its possible even to find 470-480, and the price i see both for 4xx and 5xx series is about $70-90 for 2-3 years old GPU. Surely they have some problem but if you have some experience with computers, its easy to fix it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 09:21:40 AM

Its possible even to find 470-480, and the price i see both for 4xx and 5xx series is about $70-90 for 2-3 years old GPU. Surely they have some problem but if you have some experience with computers, its easy to fix it.

true and if there is even a few months warranty left
one can easily rma it and receive a new one
even if they are selling it for a bit more with warranty
it will be a really good deal none the less
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: