Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:01:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hottest Commodity: Virgin Bitcoin  (Read 402 times)
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 08:16:31 PM

I am intrigued by the idea of virgin BTC however I don't think it makes sense to pay extra for non tainted money. I would hope there would be an alternative to helping 'clean' or identify the ledger as separate from the owner.

Blockchain forensic companies are likely to be the ones who are going to take precedence on this topic.

Of course there would be a premium, at least on the black market.

Transactions on the blockchain is really an open book, anyone theoretically with the sufficient forensic analysis tool can track where money came from precisely (but since BTC is pseudoanonymous and there is such a large transaction volume, with the use of mixers, it is very difficult to actually carry out).

These newly minted coins have no such trouble. While the intent of those who would want to purchase these coins would undoubtly be questionable, it makes sense that it attracts premiums.
When it comes to intent then there would only be two possible reasons that we can look where people do just really give out importance of being clean or non tainted coins either they do tend to hide something or just to make themselves to be clean.

About their prices i dont see for it to be premium or too much.I agree that there were some forensics or tracing teams but using basically a mixer would already messes up their entire
operation or motive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:53:03 AM

-snip-
When it comes to intent then there would only be two possible reasons that we can look where people do just really give out importance of being clean or non tainted coins either they do tend to hide something or just to make themselves to be clean.

About their prices i dont see for it to be premium or too much.I agree that there were some forensics or tracing teams but using basically a mixer would already messes up their entire
operation or motive.

I don't think you get that mixers don't cover up the entire trail. There is a small likelihood that forensic teams with sufficient technology are able to trace back the BTC to an entity, although unlikely. Or at least they are able to deduce that the coins came out of a mixer, and not out of a person's personal wallet.

While with virgin BTC there is no trail to cover up whatsoever. Obviously that has serious implications

From a legal standpoint, I don't think that selling or using these BTCs will be particularly illegal. After all, BTC is supposed to be fungible.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: