Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:56:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Newbie question] What’re tokens and How to create them?  (Read 129 times)
incombit (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 02:58:08 PM

I’ve read that ICOs are offering tokens via bounties, airdrops… etc. I want to know that what’re these tokens and how do the company or group who owns the ICO create tokens for sharing?
sufferer123

Activity: 574
Merit: 55

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 08:27:09 PM

Simply; Coins have a selfblockchain, Tokens are something produced in a Coins blockchain. Who create them? Of course, the team that created the project. I don't know exactly how to create token in the Ethereum or Eos chain, but it's pretty simple in the Waves chain.

After logging into your Waves wallet, you go to the 'Create Token' section from the top left. Then you enter the properties of the token you want to create. (name, total amount, its script if it is to be a smart contract)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 08:49:54 PM

I’ve read that ICOs are offering tokens via bounties, airdrops… etc. I want to know that what’re these tokens and how do the company or group who owns the ICO create tokens for sharing?
It would be more appropriate if you asked this question in the Beginners & Help section.

But I can help.  Smiley
Some projects make their own bounties in the Bounties (Altcoins) section for advertising purposes. You can join this bounty with you twitter, facebook, linkedin or your own BTT account. What you need to do is not standard, because each bounty manager determines the conditions that he/she finds appropriate. And you will receive a bounty reward at predetermined time. Look at a few threads in the bounty section and you will get what I try to say.

Good luck.
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1213

Heisenberg

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:06:28 PM

Some more additional information for you here,
Theymos the forum admin gave a clear definition of what tokens are in this post. Hope it helps you get to understand what exactly they are

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2251834.0
A cryptocurrency is self-sufficient, not relying on any other cryptocurrency to function (not including merged mining), and requiring its own software. A token works like a cryptocurrency at a high level, but relies on some other cryptocurrency's infrastructure in order to function, and often (but not necessarily always) lacks its own software.

Example 1
You create an Ethereum asset. This asset is entirely reliant on Ethereum's block chain to function. It is a token.

Example 2
You pick out 1 BTC and split it into 100 million satoshi. Each satoshi represents some part of a real-world thing, and gets a special ticker symbol. This is a token because it is completely reliant on Bitcoin's block chain to function.

Example 3
You create an Ethereum contract which allows anyone perpetually to trade 0.1 ETH for 1 YOURTHING and vice-versa. This is ambiguous, and may require moderator discretion. It may be considered a token, or it may be considered merely a flavor of ETH, belonging in Ethereum threads, etc.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
goolesby

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

Gistcoin

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:49:00 PM

The token is different from the coin, the coin has its own platform and token is also another cryptocurrency with blockchain technology, but it uses the other platform, such as ERC20. The companies create tokens with different concept and ideas, platforms, objectives, and also sectors. Today, we can find oit several sectors of the tokens created such as for payment for gaming, health, education, charity, and amny others. The objectives of creating the tokens are to raise the funds, introduce the tokens tot he investors, and building a community of them, and hope that the tokens can be on the tip lists of CMC, having good trading volume and token circulation. It s easy to create tokens, but to develop and make it trusted by the token holders or investors need big efforts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: