Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:36:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⛏️ Poolin.com ⛏️ Bitcoin Mining | 16% of Global Hashrate | FPPS ⛏️ LOW fee  (Read 4041 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 10:38:59 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2019, 01:25:59 AM by kano

another random thing is that the hash rate does not fluctuate as much as on other pools. will have to try and understand how what and why  Grin

Edit: the graphic is differently designed, just realised that   Grin
It's called faking the data.

They smooth out the true results to make fake but smoother looking results.

A miner does not have the hash rate it claims, it simply submits shares - no miner since 2011 actually hashes at the rate it says - and since the addition of AB to miners, it is even further from the truth.
From the pool side, the pool only sees the shares, since that is the Proof of Work and the only data that is Provable, and the pool calculates a hash rate from those shares.

Those shares are the same on any pool, so will produce the same jagged graph on any pool.

Shares have exactly the same random properties as blocks, there's just more shares than blocks.
The time between each share sent to the pool is random, not linear, so the graph of sets of that data (shifts, hours, or however the pool groups them) will also have variance = the fluctuation.

If they are grouping the data in hours, then the hourly points for a single miner would vary about +/- 7.5% (i.e. about 15%)
More miners grouped into one data line will reduce that variance.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 10:51:58 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2019, 03:28:32 AM by frodocooper

very recently switched on this pool, it appears I get more /day than other pools (ie btc.com). the interface is similar to Btc.com, I like it.

still, need to find out how to get the PIN coins every day, didn't have the time yet. any tips are welcomed  Cheesy

another random thing is that the hash rate does not fluctuate as much as on other pools. will have to try and understand how what and why  Grin

Edit: the graphic is differently designed, just realised that   Grin

If you are mining btc - you will get a pin card to open the next day after the day  you had enough hash mining. You will need to create a pin wallet first if I recall though.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 12:06:39 AM

I still don't know what is this pool (Bitcoin) payout (min satoshis for wallet withdrawal), and what are its fees. Can anyone tell?

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 01:33:59 AM

I still don't know what is this pool (Bitcoin) payout (min satoshis for wallet withdrawal), and what are its fees. Can anyone tell?

when I use poolin, I set payouts to bixin wallet and then xfer from bixin - if you use bixin, it will payout every day no matter how much you earn. 1 sat or 200k sats

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 05:14:49 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2019, 11:13:49 AM by frodocooper

Yes i already saw that at the site, but that doesn't answer the question. Bixin is something special, so i would like to know, the normal payout rate when NOT using Bixin, AND what is the pool fee. Normally you would quickly see that information displayed in the pool page, but unfortunately it appears to be buried inside a "help" site that requires (separate) login credentials to access.

This is the kind of thing that should be visible no matter if you are visiting, but much more if you are actually logged to the pool web site.

How can people even compare pools if they don't know their fee and payout structure?

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
digital$

Activity: 287
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 05:43:44 PM
Merited by frodocooper (3), Artemis3 (1)

default payout without Bixin is 0.005BTC  pool fee is 4% for FPPS or PPS
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 05:52:35 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2019, 11:14:37 AM by frodocooper

Yes i already saw that at the site, but that doesn't answer the question. Bixin is something special, so i would like to know, the normal payout rate when NOT using Bixin, AND what is the pool fee. Normally you would quickly see that information displayed in the pool page, but unfortunately it appears to be buried inside a "help" site that requires (separate) login credentials to access.

This is the kind of thing that should be visible no matter if you are visiting, but much more if you are actually logged to the pool web site.

How can people even compare pools if they don't know their fee and payout structure?

sorry - I guess I did just skip over the question - thankfully @digital$ did answer

default payout without Bixin is 0.005BTC  pool fee is 4% for FPPS or PPS

if you go to your "manage sub-account" and then on the line of your sub-account, click the "setting" you will see an option for "Minimum Payment Setting" where you have the options of .005, .01, .05 and .1 with default being .005. I did not think of this because it does not apply when withdrawing to Bixin.

As for their payment structure, it is clearly stated under the FAQ "fee and payment method"
I did notice that it pops up a log in though - and I just close it without completing it.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 05:57:56 PM

default payout without Bixin is 0.005BTC  pool fee is 4% for FPPS or PPS

Finally a straight answer, thanks. This pool is missing from the BTC Mining Pools List thread, it would be very nice if it was added there to ease comparison.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1491
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 10:45:50 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2019, 11:33:23 AM by frodocooper

Finally a straight answer, thanks. This pool is missing from the BTC Mining Pools List thread, it would be very nice if it was added there to ease comparison.

the thread has been removed from the sticky threads I assume because the OP is long gone. To re-answer; payout minimums are to be found on the homepage, cheers.

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
kpin404

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 09:42:12 AM

Hello There! I am new to mining at Poolin and i have connected my miner to Poolin. All the miner setup is already pre- installed by the provided vendor. Now i want to change the Poolin servers' setup configuration. How to update this on my Poolin Sub-Account as per my miner setup to link Poolin servers? Thanks.   
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2019, 11:11:58 AM

Hello There! I am new to mining at Poolin and i have connected my miner to Poolin. All the miner setup is already pre- installed by the provided vendor. Now i want to change the Poolin servers' setup configuration. How to update this on my Poolin Sub-Account as per my miner setup to link Poolin servers? Thanks.   

hi there, do you mind sending me or posting here your subaccount name so we can take a look further, thanks.

neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2019, 12:23:08 PM

hey there bitcointalk,

here is an informative interview about Poolin with our COO Chris Zhu:

https://minerupdate.com/interviews/mining-leader-interview-series-poolin-coo-chris-zhu

Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2019, 01:46:06 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2019, 07:42:08 PM by Artemis3

hey there bitcointalk,

here is an informative interview about Poolin with our COO Chris Zhu:

https://minerupdate.com/interviews/mining-leader-interview-series-poolin-coo-chris-zhu

Well this interview made me discover their mining proxy. I am in that very situation they describe for the reason this mining proxy even exists, i need to lower my bandwidth so i am now giving it a try. It doesn't appear to be working, documentation is very poor... Miner connects to proxy, but proxy doesn't want to connect to pool or the pool doesn't see it, whatever.

At least it can keep the miner "busy" when there is no connection.., so I'll leave it as 3rd pool choice until i can figure out why it isn't connecting. Nope it doesn't like not having connection after a little while of dns failure. It is anyone's wonder why the "brilliant" minds of Bitmain, make the miners actually consume more power and produce more heat when there is no connection and the miner has no actual work to do...

The interview also mentions something about a new mining protocol called "BUMP" which makes me wonder, Any reason the Slush proposal wasn't considered? They appear to address the same issues.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2020, 09:48:27 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2020, 03:41:58 AM by frodocooper

Hey Artemis,

If you surf over to Poolin.com and go to tools you can find all the tools our miners currently can use (including the smart agent). If you like we can help you fix the issues with smart agent.

Hey all HAPPY NEW YEARS! thank you for trusting Poolin.

here is a recap of our year: https://medium.com/poolin/poolin-recap-of-2019-9dce0a702e4c

please take a quick read and let us know how we can improve for 2020. Wishing you all success for this new year.

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 09:06:03 PM

Miner connects to proxy, but proxy doesn't want to connect to pool or the pool doesn't see it, whatever.

Have you figured out what was the issue? or did you end up using another proxy?

If you surf over to Poolin.com and go to tools you can find all the tools our miners currently can use (including the smart agent). If you like we can help you fix the issues with smart agent.

I appreciate the efforts you are willing to make to help out, but it would be much better if you could improve the documentations for your SmartAgent, i agree with Artemis3, the documentations are indeed very poor and need to be looked at.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2020, 02:13:18 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2020, 03:24:46 AM by frodocooper

Artemis, if you could let me know what's going on with that proxy issue so we can fix it for you please.

The documentation you speak of is this: https://help.poolin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021068392 correct? What do you think we should update/add to the documentation? Some feedback would be highly appreciated so i know what needs to be focused on.

Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2020, 09:05:14 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2020, 09:22:53 PM by Artemis3
Merited by frodocooper (5)

Artemis, if you could let me know what's going on with that proxy issue so we can fix it for you please.

The documentation you speak of is this: https://help.poolin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021068392 correct? What do you think we should update/add to the documentation? Some feedback would be highly appreciated so i know what needs to be focused on.

Yes, but i downloaded the Linux cli version and ran it for testing. Since it wasn't working well i stopped using it. The idea is excellent, however, but if i were to deploy in a mine, it would need to work as intended.

Without connectivity, the program eventually quits. Yes, i could rig a script to endlessly launch it again but this isn't elegant, but that doesn't solve the main problem: It wasn't connecting to Poolin when there was connectivity, it only looks like its working but Poolin sees nothing, and network traffic reveals no attempt to connect to Poolin at all.

Perhaps the windows version works better, but that i didn't try. I just don't like the idea of having a windows router in a mine... Tho i did my tests at home, not in a production environment.

This file SmartAgent_BTC_Ubuntu.zip includes a text file called "帮助.txt" which points to a no longer available file on github, so it maybe that the Linux version needs updating. I found the file as posted before, its the very important description of the json config file: https://github.com/iblockin/Poolin-SmartAgentExplan/blob/master/bitcoin_smartagent_readme.md

A suggestion would be to add a working example of a config json file, and the documentation should be in the text file not just in github.  It could be that my json is wrong, so here it goes:

Code:
{
   "account":[
      {
         "name":"accountname",
         "weight":1
      }
   ],
   "account_mode":0,
   "agent_listen_ip":"192.168.12.1",
   "agent_listen_port":8888,
   "agent_rpc_port":16580,
   "auto_start":true,
   "offline_keep_mining":true,
   "pools":[
      {
         "address":"btc.va.ss.poolin.com",
         "port":443
      },
      {
         "address":"btc-bj.ss.poolin.com",
         "port":1883
      },
      {
         "address":"btc.ss.poolin.com",
         "port":25
      }
   ]
}

Problem is: Miner is connecting fine to Proxy but Proxy does not appear to connect to Poolin.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 07:35:17 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2020, 02:49:22 AM by frodocooper

cheers for that, we are looking into it. will keep thread posted.

Smart Agent documentation has been updated: https://github.com/iblockin/Poolin-SmartAgentExplan/tree/master/Bitcoin

Binary file also updated to the latest version 3.0.5.

please keep me informed if you face any other issues.

Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2020, 08:01:18 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2020, 06:21:32 PM by Artemis3
Merited by frodocooper (3)

Regarding the proxy ("SmartAgent"), the documentation online is now better. This new version (3.0.5) seems to be working correctly, only thing is i notice this in the log:

Code:
Running on machine: machine
Log line format: [IWEF]mmdd hh:mm:ss.uuuuuu threadid file:line] msg
I0119 15:32:02.063156  4915 Utils.cc:285] resolve host: btc-va.ss.poolin.com, ip: 47.252.92.116
I0119 15:32:02.063475  4915 Server.cc:103] success connect[0]: btc-va.ss.poolin.com:443
I0119 15:32:02.064136  4915 Utils.cc:285] resolve host: btc-va.ss.poolin.com, ip: 47.252.92.116
I0119 15:32:02.064231  4915 Server.cc:103] success connect[1]: btc-va.ss.poolin.com:443
I0119 15:32:02.064831  4915 Utils.cc:285] resolve host: btc-va.ss.poolin.com, ip: 47.252.92.116
I0119 15:32:02.064921  4915 Server.cc:103] success connect[2]: btc-va.ss.poolin.com:443
I0119 15:39:09.799919  4915 Server.cc:322] miner connected, sessionId: 12, IP: 192.168.0.10

I do hope the proxy isn't trying only the first server 3 times rather than the 3 different servers specified in the json config file. It is occasional, but sometimes my miner cannot connect to VA but connects fine to BJ... So i would like the proxy to do the same in case VA fails to connect.

Also i noticed the option "offline_keep_mining":true is no longer in the provided json file and documentation. I assume this feature is always true?

PS: Unfortunately if the proxy loses connection for too long, it quits. This makes the offline keep mining feature (if it still exists) unusable.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
neutraLTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2020, 01:28:39 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2020, 01:00:55 AM by frodocooper

"offline_keep_mining" has been removed yes.

If there is only one stratum server in config file, agent will connect to the same server 3 times. does this answer your query?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: