Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:33:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dex exchanges are safe?  (Read 6610 times)
thesosorr

Activity: 691
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 02:23:54 PM

Positively, I might steal in the name of our kindness as someone who is already included in the forum or in the part of the discussion about wallet, so that anything about exchanging between wallet and trust really has its civilization behind ..
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 02:30:21 PM

Decentralised exchanges are the best exchanges out there, no doubt about that in my mind at all, the fact that you are loggin in with your trust wallet instead of inputting your private keys in their website takes that security to another level so your funds are 100% safe as long as there is no breach from your end.
omone1

Activity: 843
Merit: 52

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 02:50:37 PM

I maojorly use IDEX because of its considerable high liquidity. I get to pay charges in ethereum for withdraw and pay charged too in coins when making withdraw of tokens. DDex has been my companion for a while now, because of  Nuke project,  soll off before a massive dump. on DDex, I use metamask and wrath ETH, after trading, my tokens are automatically sent to my private wallet.  I simply control my private key.
d_fitrie

Activity: 589

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 03:28:57 PM

I often use dex exchange but only Idex and forkdelta, both of them already have a good reputation and use the login method with a private key but I don't experience any problems
betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 03:41:13 PM

Using a well known DeX has no security implication provided you don't engage in the habit of importing your private keys to the DEX which is considered not too safe in case you mistakenly click on a  phishing site. Connecting with your Metamask is always safer, Metamask has the ability to detect some ethereum phishing site. And do ensure your system is not infected with a virus. 
Ta.Form

Activity: 244
Merit: 14

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 03:58:22 PM

There is nothing you need to worry about. DEX is safe. They will not steal your funds. Because they only connect your balance with their Exchange. They are not asking for your phrase or password. So you don't need to worry.

Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 06:54:25 PM

Keep an eye on Stakenet's Lightning DEX solution which quite frankly isn't working in such a way as you describe.
It's not gonna need your personal details, which means, NO KYC, NO registrations, or anything. Just straight up trading from the get go. Using the lightning network, you'll be able to trade via lightning channels to reduce transaction costs.

It's the only DEX solution out there, which I personally believe have a chance of being used by everyday people, and not just the community members themselves.
Nobody wants to use a DEX, and wait half an hour for their trades to go through. Off-chain transactions are important for the overall user experience.

Again, keep an eye on the project - It's legit since they actually partnered up with LTC to help them on Lightning as well. Wink
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 07:01:39 PM

Undoubtedly, Yag never doubted DEX, because they are completely safe and the theft of cryptocurrency users' funds can only be done using a phishing site.  It all depends primarily on the user's attentiveness.  But it seems to me that after the legalization of cryptocurrency around the world, DEX resources will lose its relevance.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 07:05:18 PM

I often use dex exchange but only Idex and forkdelta, both of them already have a good reputation and use the login method with a private key but I don't experience any problems

I agree that the dex (idex) exchange is safe but not with Forkdelta, because I have lost the token in that exchange. Therefore I say that Forkdelta is still not completely safe. It's just that maybe you've never experienced it at Forkdelta.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 11:37:46 PM

Actually I don't trust the DEX exchange because we have to give up our private key to enter.  But sometimes trading on DEX is more profitable, the most important thing is we have to be careful with our assets.  Don't store too many assets in DEX exchange.
ishirut009

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2019, 11:49:43 PM

I've been using dex exchanges like ddex, switcheo. They asked to connect wallet through metamask or trust wallet, I'm an android user so I'm using trust wallet to use these exchanges, i wanted to ask when we connect our wallet to a specific exchange is there any possibility to stole funds anyhow?

i believe that not all dexes are safe but what you should do if you wanna be extremely careful about your cryptos that you hodl in your wallet is, create a wallet that is specifically dedicated to dexes.

barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 04:39:50 PM

What matters most in all these exchanges is just the security and I usually believe all these about all the features listed here about dexes too until ether delta too was also hacked and I was surprised that with all the believe that we have in dexes as being the most secured exchanges, they were still hacked, so I really do not see anything that much that distinguishes them from a CEX too other than the privacy thing, and the reason why we are just concerned about privacy is in other to evade tax, another people that cares much about these privacy are the criminals also, those who wishes to use the crypto market for illegal purposes, otherwise, people don’t care much about privacy but good services which I find more on CEX.
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 04:45:58 PM

They are generally safe, but the biggest danger is clone sites. For example, many users lost their funds after they entered their private keys on the clone site of the popular Idex exchange.
Of course, such advice sounds trite, but oddly enough statistics are not comforting. A lot of people, even now, fall for such tricks of scammers. Always be vigilant and double-check the address bar several times.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 05:00:46 PM

No they can´t steal your tokens, every action needs your permission. But you can loose your funds easily because when you do a mistake, DEXs do not have any support that will help you.  Undecided

jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 06:53:09 PM

The main advantage of the DEX exchange is that we do not have to go through the KYC procedure and in the future no one will be able to identify our wallets to which we send coins.
EmmaBen

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 07:36:15 PM

Completely safe! However, just like with security anywhere, you need to safe guard your assets and take complete measures to always make sure you don't expose sensitive and private information to third parties who may be prying. If these measures and steps are taken properly, then you will most likely be safe at all times on the Internet and off it as well.
bison

Activity: 778

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 07:40:17 PM

The main advantage of the DEX exchange is that we do not have to go through the KYC procedure and in the future no one will be able to identify our wallets to which we send coins.
That's true, but there are disadvantages where when choosing a cheating and new DEX, we can lose the assets in our wallet because in opening the DEX we will definitely use the key we have to access the wallet. always and only trust in reliable DEX exchanges. for new DEX exchanges, as much as possible using a new wallet, to avoid hacking our assets.

Jenkins33

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 10:04:56 PM

I've been using dex exchanges like ddex, switcheo. They asked to connect wallet through metamask or trust wallet, I'm an android user so I'm using trust wallet to use these exchanges, i wanted to ask when we connect our wallet to a specific exchange is there any possibility to stole funds anyhow?

The opportunity to steal your funds appears at the moment when you transfer your private key when connecting. Therefore, it is better not to keep all your tokens and Ethereum in one wallet. It is best to trade on a decentralized exchange, create a separate wallet to which you transfer your coins that you want to trade.

mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 10:10:15 PM

as long as your private keys are safe then you can use dex without any risk.and you know that the main advantage of dex is exchange is no KYC need to trade and also you can use dex exchange as safe trading Smiley

cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 10:46:32 PM

I think DEX can be a safe exchange but you have to be careful when you want to trade because I have experience when trading at the DEX exchange and enter with my private key like phishing, it's better when you trade using JSON file to log in DEX echange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: