Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:12:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling On The Smartest Bitcoin Pros In The World  (Read 3163 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:59:00 PM

How would you like to magnify your wealth, influence, and prestige?

Up for consideration is discussion about the formation of a Bitcoin club, where you WILL be respected and regarded for your btc acumen

Actual movers and shakers do not need a "prestige and respect club" to get their work done.

If you want to dabble in Bitcoin, start listening to the people in Bitcoin.

This isn't circumvented by organizing your own little clique.
+1
OP is a small fish trying to "manage" whales.. whales dont follow small fish like slaves, they eat the small fish

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Morbo

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:12:33 PM

This isn't wisdom, this is elitism and ego fapping.

http://drunkyoda.tk/ - Bitcoin blog by newbie for newbies (no ads, no reflinks, no donation begging)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:04:41 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 03:35:38 PM by Armis

there is no way that a group of 20+ people would have voted "yes" to the motion

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Had there been a vote of 20 people;  I  bet the right speaker could have swayed a plurality one direction or the other -- towards either hasty action resulting in a loss or missed opportunity, or hesitant failure to act resulting in a loss or missed opportunity.

Now it depends on the audience; if  you have 20 people who are inherently more risk-averse than ambitious or put suggestions through a highly detailed, highly technical detailed tests,   then  err in the opposite direction is likely.

The ability to persuade 20 people of something, does not necessarily align with that thing being correct, reliable, or valid.

If we know history repeats itself, and we know hindsight is 20/20, all we needed to do was look at the history right?   Well the simply fact is many people saw the history and waved the red flag, in fact so of those who knew entertaining Gox was academic nonsense still took the risk because they felt the rewards out weighed it.   But that was all individual think, not group think.    Peer pressure to act responsibly is stronger than many think.

Look harder at the facts of the matter, statistically group think IS necessarily more reliable than individual decision making; moreover larger more diverse groups tend to make better decision more reliably than smaller groups.

The data is conclusive across the board, group think works better than non-group think.

Think jury, panel, board, high courts, etc ... executives are there for day to day efficiency but if you want something thought out you seek the attention of reasonable prudent people.    

A smart system ALWAYS has a group to check the power of the individual.

Don't worry about tomorrows value of bitcoin, just concentrate your affords on promoting bitcoin as a currency, get more and more companies to accept bitcoin more and more people will see the usefulness of bitcoin so more and more people have a reason to hold bitcoin other then for speculative purposes and the price has to go up in the long term.

That type of talk, in light of all that has occurred this year especially in light of the matters that are still unresolved, is simply irresponsible.   Anyone entering the cryptocurrency economy should know the history of btc and all of the risks, your best consumers will be those in the know, not in the dark.

So mini Illuminati group I guess that is still possible at this stage in bitcoin
Wonder if this is how these groups are created in traditional systems as well

you do realize that bitcointalk is essentially a very large group with a common interest that started from a very small group with a common interest.
you do realize that many outside of this forum are seeing this forum in the way you are viewing the club right?

so you want to use other people coins for you own gain without any kind of insurance your actions would create an kind of impact.

hahahahaa, where did you read that?   Read it for what it says, not for what you want it to say.

Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:09:04 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 04:20:53 PM by Armis

Up for consideration is discussion about the formation of a Bitcoin club, where you WILL be respected and regarded for your btc acumen

Actual movers and shakers do not need a "prestige and respect club" to get their work done.

I agree that "movers and shakers do not need a "prestige and respect club" to get their work done" and I have emphasized "need" because I believe the driving force isn't a need, but is a want for the common things that come with societies, communities, and groups -- recognition, validation, and acceptance for their contribution, effort, energy and regard.

It doesn't matter what you are worth you will always want those things, not because you NEED them but simply because you want them.

I've seen far too many good people with good intentions and good advice needlessly get disrespected because they were: "newbies", "inarticulate", used improper grammar, or simply dared to see things in a different way.   To add insult to the injury, when it turns out that the person(s) was spot on, I see no apology, no retroactive acknowledgement, and credit for getting it right.   Sadly, I see those same people participate LESS, resulting in more potential harm coming to the community.  

I'm providing a space where those who want to do good for themselves and the community can do so, a place where their earnest efforts and energies WILL be respected, where their voice will be heard, and cogent recommendations voted on.  

From the looks of it, the club will be formed, if it is done right it will be duplicated many times over in many different ways.

This isn't wisdom, this is elitism and ego fapping.

See it as you wish, call it what you want but in the club it will be identified for what it is: 'wealth building with intelligence'.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:19:47 PM

It doesn't matter what you are worth you will always want those things, not because you NEED them but simply because you want them.

Those who are unable to shed their vanity will not hold on to their worth for long.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:38:06 PM

Those who are unable to shed their vanity will not hold on to their worth for long.

The implication of the statement is fundamentally flawed and misguided, 'vanity' is a matter of self-awareness it can manifest at any age or financial status.

Notwithstanding, I'm sure you are aware, that many of those with a net worth in excess of $10B are essentially giving it all away for whatever reason(s).

Humans are designed to want acknowledgement, recognition, and be appreciated, regardless of financial worth.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:32:45 PM

Humans Vain idiots are designed to want acknowledgement, recognition, and be appreciated, regardless of financial worth.

FTFY. It doesn't matter how you try to justify or re-frame it. You're pandering to idiots. Bitcoin is not a tool with which to do this.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:57:56 PM

Humans Vain idiots From birth to death everyone INCLUDING YOU are designed to want acknowledgement, recognition, and be appreciated, regardless of financial worth.

FTFY. It doesn't matter how you try to justify or re-frame it. You're pandering to idiots. Bitcoin is not a tool with which to do this.

It is you who is seeking to reshape and reframe what is naturally good, and have it viewed as either unnatural and wrong or naturally wrong.   

The type of mentality your are expressing, is rooted in another natural behavior, a naturally bad behavior -- jealousy.

A child at birth REQUIRES by design to be held, and to be given copious amounts of attention to enable them to learn all that they will need to negotiate the world they are born into.  From toddlers to tween the NEED for "attention" turns to a WANT for acknowledgement, then from teen to death degrees of that want for acknowledgement, recognition, and appreciation remains.

If it is natural, if it has a naturally good purpose, that it right; if it is natural, but has no naturally good purpose then it is either bad, no good, or wrong.
Acknowledgement, recognition, and appreciation are all good things, if they are good to give, logically someone must be on the receiving end of that shared goodness.

Finance is a complex subject, arbitrage is a more complex subset of finance, but neither are as complex as cryptocurrency, for those of us who choose to want to do CC arbitrage it makes great sense to approach it in a group setting, a setting that recognizes, acknowledges, and appreciates the good things each member brings to the table.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:07:27 PM

Your sig is promoting an advanced strategy game.
Your thread is "Calling On The Smartest Bitcoin Pros In The World"

If you don't sense the need for a different strategy, then perhaps you should hire a pro.  Tongue

Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:06:25 AM

Your sig is promoting an advanced strategy game.
Your thread is "Calling On The Smartest Bitcoin Pros In The World"

If you don't sense the need for a different strategy, then perhaps you should hire a pro.  Tongue

Huh?   

I don't fully understand your driving point, so please elaborate.

And how in the world would you define "pro" in the context of cryptocurrency arbitrage?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: