Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:32:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-08-02] Bitcoin.com to Launch an Exchange  (Read 298 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 08:40:44 PM

I'll be curious to see how that works out. Just because he builds it doesn't mean anyone will come, so I'm guessing the BCH pairs will be very thinly traded. It'll basically just be a gimmick to show that BCH has base pairs on an exchange.
Roger artificially inflates the number of on-chain transactions too, so it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up doing the same on his own exchange. It's easier to do too because he doesn't even need actual funds.

He can credit his accounts with non existing money and trade between accounts to make it appear that there is a lot going on while nothing is happening in reality. He is and stays a scammer and a cheater.

Nothing good will come out of this. I hope the regulators are watching.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 09:28:25 PM

At the moment there is no need for another exchange, the market is already pretty saturated. However when bull run comes, and I'm thinking about the mainstream phase like 2017 June till December, there will be tons of new users and exchanges will be understaffed again so people will be waiting for identity verification. And that is the time when Bitcoin.com exchange will try to get their share of trading volume and I imagine they could be successful at it because of the name itself. But till then, I don't see the reason why one would use them instead of established and trusted exchanges like Coinbase, Bitstamp, Binance or Bitfinex.

Agreed no another exchange, there's a lot of exchange so far trusted and realable and have many more couns listed for traders choice. And for sure a lot of investors wise thingking of course better yo,choose older and trusted excahnge than to try newer excahnge without anything to prove in the market.
sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 10:50:07 PM

It seems launching an exchange is trending at the moment. Few days back, blockchain.com did launch their own exchange. Bitcoin.com is already established community and will be easier to integrate an exchange into its existing platforms
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 11:28:15 PM

Doubt it'll be anything beneficial for the community. It'll just be a poorly coded exchange that'll try to trick their customers into buying more BCASH instead of BTC. I'm personally really curious to see some stats behind Roger's first trick (https://buy.bitcoin.com/) about how many people bought BCH compared to BTC, and how many people got tricked.

I'm also curious as to who in their right mind would trust Roger Ver with all their KYC information or to hold their coins for them.
Probably the same people who now think BCH is better and popular then BTC after Roger. I personally wouldn't touch the exchange with a 5-foot pole.

Since the exchange will operate within the bitcoin dot com portal, I'm pretty sure that we can expect Bitcoin to be referred to as Bitcoin Core. Another thing is that he will pair BCH to other coins and ignore the BTC pairs.
This is another thing that I was thinking about. I would reckon that Roger would pair alts to BCH, not BTC, and treat BTC as an alt, whilst treating BCH as the mainstream crypto.

I think Blockchain.com is trying to bring in more revenues. Despite being used by tens of millions of cryptocurrency users, Blockchain.com is not a profit making venture. Their wallet business doesn't bring in any revenues. So they may be trying to capitalize on the user-base to get some cash. But opening an exchange is not child's play, especially after so many exchange hacks.
This is bitcoin.com. Not blockchain.info.

Smiley
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 08:37:27 PM

He can credit his accounts with non existing money and trade between accounts to make it appear that there is a lot going on while nothing is happening in reality. He is and stays a scammer and a cheater.

It will not work long term speaking, only at the very beginning.

No matter how much he is inflating the volumes, if other exchanges aren't following, he will be exposed pretty quickly. On top of that, if he's buying up the sell side of the order book with phony money, people will figure out too because they can't withdraw simply for the reason that the exchange doesn't have the funds to actually allow them to withdraw.

In the end, Roger has failed pretty much in every aspect with BCash. I highly doubt this exchange will be successful. I consider this to be his last major attempt to pump his bags.
AlexHonzo

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 09:48:58 PM

I think everyone should be very excited about the imminent launch of Bitcoin.com's exchange (in September, I believe).  That company has been tirelessly delivering quality products that move to improve the _entire_ crypto industry and support all users.  This exchange is a welcomed addition to the space.

It is very disappointing to see the blind and infantile hate that Roger Ver receives. Most of the hatred is borne of ignorance and immaturity, however, there are those who simply enjoy being evil and proliferate the silly drivel we see online.

Stepping away from the CEO position only means that Ver will have more time to help further develop the space, supporting cryptocurrencies that can undeniably function as p2p electronic cash; such as BCH (just like like he used to do when he advocated for BTC up until the BTC roadmap changed).
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 09:56:53 PM

It is very disappointing to see the blind and infantile hate that Roger Ver receives. Most of the hatred is borne of ignorance and immaturity, however, there are those who simply enjoy being evil and proliferate the silly drivel we see online.

Hi, Roger.

If anyone kicked off the childishness it's your fine self. His latest was 'reasoning' that Jack Dorsey was keen on Lightning Networks because he'd been boning the lass leading its efforts. That's not exactly statesmanlike.

BCH would've been way, way, way better off keeping its head down and getting on with delivering. Instead there's been no end of pumps, dumps, fucking with difficulty adjustments, and countless weasel words.

I'm sure the 'other side' has been just as pathetic, petty and complicit at times but that doesn't make Roger look any better.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 05:17:59 PM

This throws up a few uncomfortable questions. Bitcoin.com is controlled by Roger Ver, who was involved in unethical behavior earlier. This website had tried to project BCH as the "real" Bitcoin to the new users, and many of them actually purchased BCH after falling to this trap. They have lost their reputation even before the opening of the exchange.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: