Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:53:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is this a scam msg?  (Read 187 times)
steem01 (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 08:58:22 PM

Hello everyone
I have received some messages these days but I do not have the courage to respond to them because I doubt their credibility. Do you have any idea what kind of  these messages are and whether they are true or not
here is the msg:
 " you know what is it crypto jackpot?(something like fortunejack,cryptojackpotcom etc). And now, i have one popular jackpot, where im moderator and i have access to adminpanel where we can choose,who win next game. To be sure i can prove you all after win, you bring me back 50% of win. What you think about it? if you want i can prove it right now , we can make some btc/eth"

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 6975

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 09:05:00 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), vapourminer (1), CristianOff (1)

Yes. This is an old and super obvious scam attempt. He will use his fake gambling website (with a fake chat to make it look real) to make you think he can make anyone win. But... you need to deposit the coins yourself to make the bet. Roll Eyes

I have seen this countless times in the CS:GO community, and many people added me on Steam to try tricking me with this scam method.

Here is an example: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/4s4v4y/csgo_gambling_site_scams/

Also, from the same post above:
or all of these you just need to use your head, if someone was a betting site admin and wanted to rig the system to get the skins for himself, why would he need you?
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2019, 12:10:04 PM

yes this is an old scam method when you deposit your money is gone stay away and report it I think you received it from telegram App
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 08:03:50 AM

Hello everyone
I have received some messages these days but I do not have the courage to respond to them because I doubt their credibility. Do you have any idea what kind of  these messages are and whether they are true or not
here is the msg:
 " you know what is it crypto jackpot?(something like fortunejack,cryptojackpotcom etc). And now, i have one popular jackpot, where im moderator and i have access to adminpanel where we can choose,who win next game. To be sure i can prove you all after win, you bring me back 50% of win. What you think about it? if you want i can prove it right now , we can make some btc/eth"

Obviously that person was a confirmed scammer, because I also encountered that too. But you need to deposit first to the platform He is talking about at least 0.7 eth I think. But the question was that if that person is telling the truth why need someone if He can able to invest on his own at least He can get the profit alone. It's just something that person attracting you with the return of the money could you get. So ignore and stay away from it.
bitgoldpanther1978

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 02:43:05 PM

Yes it is scam dude once they ask you to invest or put a deposit first stay away from it at once, you better be careful
with this people to whom you talking to. Scammer are doing everything to scam other, so at this point of time we should be wise
like a serpent so in the end we never become a victim by them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: