Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Increase privileges of local moderators  (Read 232 times)
Veleor (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653

Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 11:43:43 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2019, 12:59:42 PM by Veleor

At present, there is a limit for local moderators that they can only ban Newbies with less than 28 Activity, which can be achieved in a month of active posting.

Some spammers in local boards (especially those who knowing about this feature) may not blatantly violate the rules at first, but upon reaching the 28 Activity they would receive some discretion and could bring much chaos to the entire local section.
Considering the workload of the global moderators and admins, the local spammers become practically invulnerable for a while, since decision regarding them is often a drawn-out process. For example, the incident with korner's accounts in the Russian section.

There is a suggestion that local moderators have been able to ban Newbies independent of Activity, or increase the existing limit from 28 to 56 Activity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 02:12:53 PM
Merited by Coyster (1)

Any local moderator or dedicated section moderator can request bans, and they are usually looked into, and issued within a few hours from my experience. Global moderators are generally more experienced in the art of moderation, and it makes sense that they issue bans on those who are more established here. So, your local section moderators should be able to request any bans that they want looked into.

I can't really comment on the workload of the admins, and global moderators, but considering the amount of time that it usually takes to get your requests looked at I don't think its too much of a issue, they just need to be requested. The only issue I see is that global moderators still have to take the word of local moderators when considering translation issues.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 03:27:19 PM

There is a suggestion that local moderators have been able to ban Newbies independent of Activity, or increase the existing limit from 28 to 56 Activity.
If your suggestion considered and implemented, why not apply it for all Newbies, and don't consider how many activities they have in total?
Newbies are newbies, whatever their activities are.
Newbies with 280 activity do not different from newbies with 28 activities, because they are mostly all spammers (without ability to earn merits from their constructive, and decent posts.)

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
Veleor (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653

Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 04:59:34 PM

<...> I can't really comment on the workload of the admins, and global moderators, but considering the amount of time that it usually takes to get your requests looked at I don't think its too much of a issue, they just need to be requested. The only issue I see is that global moderators still have to take the word of local moderators when considering translation issues.

As far as I know, Russian moderators made the first request to ban user korner in April, but their request wasn't satisfied until July, when this troll began to spam with the flags.
I don't know the specific reasons for the delay, but I believe this is due to the workload of the global moderators.

If your suggestion considered and implemented, why not apply it for all Newbies, and don't consider how many activities they have in total? <...>

If I'm not mistaken, local moderators are able only to "Nuke" members resulting in a removal all posts of the user.
It's not necessary that all spammer's messages are violating the forum rules, so if the dozens or even hundreds of posts will be deleted in one fell swoop, that could have an adverse effect on the topics where the user commented.
In my opinion, along with the "Nuke" local moderators should have also an option to ban members in a standard way to leave their comments.
Halab
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 2016

I find your lack of faith in Bitcoin disturbing.

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 05:55:42 PM

Ho yeah

... for local moderators Smiley

and they are usually looked into, and issued within a few hours from my experience.

This is true for plagiarism cases (and spammers). But for ban evasion or trolls, in most cases ban requests are not handled. This is not a criticism, GM has to understand the language, the context, etc....

But if local mods had the possibility to "minor temp ban" newbies (and Jr member ?), maybe it would calm the most virulent trolls/spammers.
The first minor temp ban would ban the member for an hour. The second ban for 6 hours. Then 12 hours, then 24 hours which would be the maximum. And a user could only be "minor temp banned" once a week.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 09:53:21 PM

This is true for plagiarism cases (and spammers). But for ban evasion or trolls, in most cases ban requests are not handled. This is not a criticism, GM has to understand the language, the context, etc....

But if local mods had the possibility to "minor temp ban" newbies (and Jr member ?), maybe it would calm the most virulent trolls/spammers.
The first minor temp ban would ban the member for an hour. The second ban for 6 hours. Then 12 hours, then 24 hours which would be the maximum. And a user could only be "minor temp banned" once a week.

I'm probably overlooking the language barrier, because I haven't experienced that for obvious reasons. Trolling is a highly subjective subject most of the time, and as you know there's multiple factors that are considered when concerning trolling. My experience with ban evasion is its usually dealt with pretty swiftly, as long as there's undeniable proof.

Small micro bans might be a idea to implement, and could prove to be beneficial I guess. Possibly, only banning them from the local section, and not the entire forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: