Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:46:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UltraMiner FPGA is Alive on Crowd Supply!  (Read 1080 times)
arm_race (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 9

Contact dev@agilmine.com for our FPGA miner info!

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 05:07:55 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2019, 04:53:18 AM by arm_race
Merited by bittawm (1)

Hi, We have been working on building an FPGA miner with open source bitstream projects. For months we have been keeping head down trying to get the prototype work, finally we have some good news to share!

1.   UltraMiner prototype board is Alive and ready to go production run pretty soon!
2.   Our project has been reviewed and accepted to be launched on Crowd Supply platform

Update: our campaign is alive now on Crowd supply! please check out the campaign page we have tons of updated information there
https://www.crowdsupply.com/agilmine/ultraminer-fpga

First, we want to apologize for the lack of progress updates recently. We are a group of engineers who have been working on this project at night and during the weekend; We don’t want to bother you too much until knowing that the prototype is fully functional, and there is a safe channel that people can place order for it. Now I am happy that we have figured out both of the problems!

Key Feature of UltraMiner FPGA:
•   Fast & Low power
Equipped with the latest 16nm Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA that is 2x faster than the old 7 series Kintex, and half the power consumption.

•   Affordable
Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA product line is premium priced. We want the lowest price from Xilinx so as to make a miner board is affordable to everyone.

•   Open source
No private algorithm asking for license fee or closed project for selected group. Cryptocurrency means openness and transparency for everyone. We are committed to open source the bitstream files and mining host application.

•   Easy to use & Configurability
You can configure everything, on the fly, underclock the FPGA or overclock it, undervolted to save power or overvolted to (burn) squeeze out more performance, up to you.  GUI is provided allowing you to monitor the power consumption and temperature remotely.

•   Customer protection
That’s why we want to bring Crowd Supply on board, who promises 100% success rate for delivery. They carefully screen every project application, and invest in time and effort with the builders to deliver what they promise. If your project isn’t up to snuff, you’re not getting on the site!

We will be releasing more information soon. Thank you all for the patience and support!

Agilmine Altcoin FPGA Miner (dev@agilmine.com)
Discord: https://discord.gg/R36gzXM
Mailist Product Update: http://eepurl.com/dMfjhQ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Turocik

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 06:54:18 AM

hi, is this the same that wasn't funded on Indiegogo?
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2019, 02:41:35 AM

Yes at that time we didn't have the prototype board ready, so the design was an uncertainty. we now have fully proven working demo board.
in addition there are some issues with the kickstarter and indegogo as they are not crypto friendly- you are not allowed to promoting it as a cryptocurreny miner on their platform. that's the reason why we decided to work with crowdsupply, not only they welcome crypto, but they offer variety of professional services to make your product successful.

arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2019, 02:41:51 AM

I support this project

Thank you!  Smiley

arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 05:14:59 AM

updated with pictures of the prototype board and different cooler configuration

baboon1234

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 06:34:32 AM

Maybe you get a channel in the FPGA discord set up?
https://discord.gg/Wm7UY5t
Ruso21

Activity: 115
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 09:16:16 AM

how you compare with F1 Mini???
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 01:14:49 PM

I have been contemplating FPGAs for a while. They do seem like the logical successor of GPU rigs which, while available to everyone, are costly and not really energy efficient.

Maybe to early to tell, but what sort of price range would we be talking about?
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 03:58:05 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I have been contemplating FPGAs for a while. They do seem like the logical successor of GPU rigs which, while available to everyone, are costly and not really energy efficient.

yes fpga is costly due to the low production volume (compared to asic chips) that's why we want to launch it on a popular platform to attract more general developers and students, at the same time serving the crypto community.
we are trying to bring down the price to 350 USD, but the final price will be decided by Crowdsupply as they want to ensure the fulfillment. plus we will also open source the code, bitstream rtl, schematics we also to bring in more community involvement. xilinx will also ship the fpga with free development tool license, that would be a huge saving for developers as well.

Thanks.

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 09:57:27 PM

Yes at that time we didn't have the prototype board ready, so the design was an uncertainty. we now have fully proven working demo board.
in addition there are some issues with the kickstarter and indegogo as they are not crypto friendly- you are not allowed to promoting it as a cryptocurreny miner on their platform. that's the reason why we decided to work with crowdsupply, not only they welcome crypto, but they offer variety of professional services to make your product successful.

The reason they don't like crypto anymore is because of Butterfly labs.

Also, FPGA boards are no longer economical at least the ones that I know of or the ones I think I could have fabricated for me locally. So yours must be some next level stuff.

Where can I see what it mines, and other specs?  I'd love to get a few for myself (if I can afford it).

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
h311m4n

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 07:42:00 AM

yes fpga is costly due to the low production volume (compared to asic chips) that's why we want to launch it on a popular platform to attract more general developers and students, at the same time serving the crypto community.
we are trying to bring down the price to 350 USD, but the final price will be decided by Crowdsupply as they want to ensure the fulfillment. plus we will also open source the code, bitstream rtl, schematics we also to bring in more community involvement. xilinx will also ship the fpga with free development tool license, that would be a huge saving for developers as well.

Thanks.

350$ seems like a very affordable target for most people, I hope you guys succeed!
Ruso21

Activity: 115
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 10:41:06 AM

Thanks.

350$ seems like a very affordable target for most people, I hope you guys succeed!

That depends of the performance that gives, also need to see the quality and service.

I was thinking on Blackminer but the performance is not good, hard to get ROI.

I hope to see a good project on this.
h311m4n

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 01:59:38 PM

Thanks.

That depends of the performance that gives, also need to see the quality and service.

Yeah I was looking at the Blackminer mini for 180$, but hashrates are not really impressive. Also the algos/bitstreams available on FPGAs are still quite limited to more obscure ones I find.
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 04:59:45 AM

The reason they don't like crypto anymore is because of Butterfly labs.

Also, FPGA boards are no longer economical at least the ones that I know of or the ones I think I could have fabricated for me locally. So yours must be some next level stuff.

Where can I see what it mines, and other specs?  I'd love to get a few for myself (if I can afford it).

We will be updating the campaign page with spec soon. the official demo video will be uploaded by crowdsupply, but i may share some unofficial videos on youtube in a few days..

I am updating the spec and draft mining performance table , will share that as well. thanks.

arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 05:09:53 AM

Thanks.

HI thanks for the interest. we will be releasing the initial performance table soon.
what specifically is your concern about the quantity and service? in general the product quality and fulfillment is guaranteed by Crowd supply, please check their backer protection page for more information.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/guide/backer-protection

arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 05:18:01 AM

Thanks.

Yeah I was looking at the Blackminer mini for 180$, but hashrates are not really impressive. Also the algos/bitstreams available on FPGAs are still quite limited to more obscure ones I find.

we see one problem is that the algo bitstreams design are not released to the public, so if they stopped maintaining the bitstream and software there won't be of much usage of these boards. with the open source code and free license from xilinx, we hope to build a platform with more active community involvement

Globalminingcorp

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 07:58:16 PM

Good to see a followup on the indiegogo attempt. Any perks for those who backed you on indiegogo?
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 10:27:40 PM

Sorry to bring up the elephant in the room but... what sort of hashrates are you getting?... and on what algos?
Globalminingcorp

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 12:44:14 PM

Any update?
Saverenergy

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:17:02 PM

Hi, developers! What coins and which algorithms can I get using your device (miner)? What hash rate does this device generate?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: