Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:24:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Eclaire mobile wallet] Can send, but not recieve  (Read 170 times)
Chironexxx (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 06:47:36 AM
Merited by LoyceV (4), ABCbits (1), hugeblack (1)

Hi there!

I was using the last days to read up on the lightning network and wanted to try it out with friend. We both downloaded the Eclaire mobile wallet and funded the addresses with 0.0011BTC each (because 0.001BTC seems to be the minimum required to open a channel??).

Next, we both opened a channel by connecting to the ACINQ node.

In the channel details it shows the full amount in the "can send" section. but the "can receive" section is 0BTC.

Can anybody help me understand why this is the case? And how can we set it up in order to be able to send funds between us?

Thanks in advance!

nothing to see here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 07:09:51 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2019, 07:32:40 AM by BitCryptex
Merited by LoyceV (2), ABCbits (1), hugeblack (1)

Can anybody help me understand why this is the case? And how can we set it up in order to be able to send funds between us?

If you fund a channel then coins are on your side of the channel. You won't be able to receive money over the Lightning Network unless you spend some coins. You have to free some space in the channel (some coins have to be on the other side). More detailed and easy to understand explanation can be found here. There are also services which open a channel to you for a small fee. In such a case, you would be able to receive payments.

Have you seen my LN FAQ and the basics of the Lightning Network? I might not reply you for the next few hours.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 16316

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 07:34:01 AM

I can help you out with this, I'll give you several options:

I've been running LoyceV's Legendary Little Lightning Loans for 2 months now, and I can also do it the other way around: send me 0.0001BTC (10,000 sat), and I'll send it back to you when you want it. I'd give you 100 sat interest too, but you'll need more receiving capacity to be able to use it.

Install Bluewallet. This is a custodial Lightning wallet, which means you have to trust them with your funds (so use small amounts only), but you can instantly receive LN funds. Send some there, so you get some Receiving capacity in Eclair. Note that you have to send more than the minimum channel reserve to be able to receive something back (10,000 sat will be more than enough to test).

Sell some of your Lightning funds for either on-chain Bitcoin or an altcoin. I've used coinplaza.it a few times for this, as it has the lowest fees I could find.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Chironexxx (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 08:06:47 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2019, 06:46:57 AM by Chironexxx
Merited by LoyceV (4)

Have you seen my LN FAQ and the basics of the Lightning Network? I might not reply you for the next few hours.

Thanks for your answer! I have read the threads but apparently not studied them well enough. I will have another close look.

I can help you out with this, I'll give you several options:

@LoyceV Thank you so much for your answer and the merit! I should finally be able to be promoted to member status!

I remembered that I have seen a topic where somebody was offering test transactions but I could not find it anymore (and I usually don't look into the lending section  Cool). I will look into all the options and hopefully get used to the LN a little bit more because I think its a great step towards mass adoption!

Thanks Guys!

[EDIT: one day later]

I thought I briefly share my experience from the testing for others be also encouraged to test it out! As LoyceV suggested, I went to coin-plaza to get me some Dogecoin in order the free up inbound capacity in my channel. Just a few clicks later I was proud owner of 1000 doge and had done my first lightning transaction.
After this, I could create a payment request and send it to my friend. From then on, sending even a few sats back an forth was easy, lighting fast ( Cool) and basically free (1-3 sats fee per transaction).

In the next days, I will also try out the Blue wallet. So far everything I have done was with the Eclair wallet.

To me, it looks like a great system and I really hope that this will facilitate bitcoin adoption.

Thanks again, for the help. really appreciate it!

nothing to see here!
lightningmelo
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 22

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 04:23:31 PM

You can use Bitrefill's Thor service to get some inbound liquidity.

Or just spend some money on Lightning, which by definition will also give you inbound liquidity.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: