Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:51:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you are still here for the longterm ?  (Read 592 times)
Villentretenmerth

Activity: 11
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 03:35:29 PM

I didn't buy anything I coudn't afford to lose, therefore I don't give a shit if it all goes to zero, THEREFORE I'll be here for a looooooooong time.  Tongue
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 03:51:48 PM

I'm here for long term since there are some coins I'm holding for a future purpose since I believe in their project vision.  As a trader I understand sometimes the market is favorable, other times it's unfavorable, but this doesn't mean I will quit my crypto hustle, I believe crypto enthusiasts will smile in the long run.  However, I'm so conscious about risk management in this crypto space hence I only hold coins with great project development.
Tipstar

Activity: 1778
Merit: 281

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 03:54:29 PM

are you guys still waiting for the next cryptocurrency market cycle ? or some of you just accepted your losses ?

If I'm to compare my fiat spending and my crypto prices, I'm still in profit. But I've also lost about 90% of my crypto value (calculating ATH of the coins I held at that time) for my own mistakes. Sometimes I bought some promising new tokens with all my crypto holdings and made a huge loss or sometimes I rage gambled my coins to lose almost all of it.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2019, 03:56:29 PM

are you guys still waiting for the next cryptocurrency market cycle ? or some of you just accepted your losses ?

I am not a big fan of the altcoins and around 90% of my portfolio is made up of Bitcoin. And half of the remainder is made up of Bitcoin Cash. So altcoins only make up around 1/20th of my portfolio value. That said, I am not selling any of my altcoins right now. I have ETH, ONION, BSD, GBYTE.etc in my wallet, and for now I am holding them for long-term.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 03:58:39 PM

Of course we are here waiting for something good. This waiting period really made us very pure and very clear on what we really want in Crypto.  Doing long-term investment will really stretched your faith and patience. The good thing about this is that while we wait, we are learning something that will really prepare us on handling great wealth. Just be patient and hope for the best.
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2019, 05:31:40 PM

to work on focus as extending tasks on terms with evaluation and gains on confirmation as might to attains on table and collects with returns on excess as confinement.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 06:27:17 PM

Guess you are referring to altcoins market cycle. because bitcoin is going through it normal cycle without much problem. 

Well I never really hoped on my coins investment, so their poor performance don't worry me too much
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 06:29:04 PM

I think I find it funny to see people talk about pioneering and longterm and veteran when they are only talking about 2017. I was here since 2017,,, and I think I am a newbie still, with so much more to learn and far away from being longterm.

What is longterm to me? Definitely not less than 5 years!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 05:30:57 AM

Why cut losses now? Isn't the market condition getting better if we compare it 3 months ago? You should cut losses when last year where bitcoin fell. I think it's wrong to have to cut losses now, it's better to be patient and wait for the target in 2020 because I'm sure the price will jump even further.You will not be a pro trader if you cannot maintain your trade, indeed not all must be maintained but I think you are wrong if you have to cut losses now.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 447

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 05:35:49 AM

I think I find it funny to see people talk about pioneering and longterm and veteran when they are only talking about 2017. I was here since 2017,,, and I think I am a newbie still, with so much more to learn and far away from being longterm.

Good question, personally though, I think two years max would be consider as long term, but this is just me. But for all likelihood, four years could be good as well, specially that bitcoin works in a four year cycle. And another thing as well, the mental toughness of four years HODL, damn !!! Grin

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
ModanaLee

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 05:40:34 AM

I'm currently here for longterm. The question now is, which coin is best for a long term? As for me, btc is my long term coin. Being thinking of which other coin is good for a long term too.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 05:56:42 AM

I'm currently here for longterm. The question now is, which coin is best for a long term? As for me, btc is my long term coin. Being thinking of which other coin is good for a long term too.

I believe bitcoin is still the dominant coin that is good for long-term investment. Every other altcoin is derived one way or another from btc. Even ordinary individuals know the existence of bitcoin, but try to ask them for other altcoins, and they will wonder what you are talking about.
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1190
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2019, 06:10:21 AM

I always believe in holding and long term investment. This is the way we can sit tension free not watching market moves everyday and over a period of time when receives good return can sell.
But here in the cryptocurrency environment, I am not much confident about altcoins because don't know what will be the future of it.

Kimonoe

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 06:35:37 AM

Good question, personally though, I think two years max would be consider as long term, but this is just me. But for all likelihood, four years could be good as well, specially that bitcoin works in a four year cycle. And another thing as well, the mental toughness of four years HODL, damn !!! Grin
I think it is indeed 4 years is a good time to see the growth of bitcoin. but we must learn patiently to keep holding it in situations of high fluctuations. but for me, when the price reaches $ 20K, I will sell coins, even in less than 4 years

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 06:44:13 AM

My main strategy is long therm. i am don't have huge amount of cryptos so no reason to cash out.
I am ready to wait 10 - 20x

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 06:51:24 AM

Well, I knew what I was going into before I signed up for it so I don't see any reason why I need to back down now, a lot of people have given up on crypto and loss focus because they never made the right research before making their investment decision, this set of people just enter into the crypto market with the goal of making lots of profit and pulling off the market immediately, but are now stocked in the market and nothing else to do than pull off, this is just a lesson to the newbies coming into the market.

I'm currently here for longterm. The question now is, which coin is best for a long term? As for me, btc is my long term coin.
Your answer must be the perfect one and I believe almost everyone here would be agreeing with that. Some one year back people were thinking about ETH along with BTC but now most people started thinking of holding only BTC.

Being thinking of which other coin is good for a long term too.
There could be some good altcoins but I am afraid none of them will sustain for long term. LTC is here for long time but never scale like how ETH did up to 0.12 BTC. So, some coin may sustain but may not grow on its own value.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 07:01:21 AM

Don't store your money for investing if you afraid to lose, investment is high risk to store your money. Even you store them into cryptocurrency which is known have a high volatile price you will not comfortable on it. Choose bank account to store your money but you will not get anything although you store them in a few years. I guess, something that must be known by some people when they start to invest is they are willing to lose their money, that is the  main risk in investment place.

All investors/new comers need a knowledge when they start to invest, most of them who leave in lose situation are they who didn't know the knowledge of investment itself. So, I'll answer your question based on my knowledge, I won't leave my investment in cryptocurrency although my money has been reducing for almost a half. I'll stay until the price altcoins that I choose goes up again and I'll sell them when I got profit. That is my strategy to store my money into cryptocurrency.
zuziekatee

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 07:40:45 AM

No one has a choice than to stay long term depending on your entry point into any coin you bought ! Other options is to day trade and take project at intervals , this depends on your trading capital ! But if you want massive profit then you need to go long term !

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 05:31:15 PM

It is not over until it is over, before I can accept my losses in any coin, until I see that such coin has zeroed already or has exited the exchange, but provided they are still breathing even if their value is low, I will still continue to breathe along with them also. I am in a long term trade with some of my coins and so far that I have tied the investment to a long term project, I will always keep it that way.

If I need to make quick money, what I just do is to do short term trade with coins that can give me instant benefit like bitcoin, if you look at the type of investment that I have, I could say that it is divided into 2 segment, one of my investment in bitcoin is for a long term trade which I would never pull out until I see a positive result while the second part is for a short term trade that I use trade every day to make my daily living.

Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 05:39:34 PM

My longterm holding starts right after the last bullrun which means that i started investing in crypto in 2018 when bear market take over,so i think i still have a long way to go,im planing to hold for like 4years to see what will happen and if profit comes any time i will be glad to sell my holdings.

Since i build my portfolio in bear market im not really in huge loss by now and i just start promoting bounties as well and i will like to hold some tokens for future sake,i think 2020 will bring smile to the faces of holders like me

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: