Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2019, 06:24:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Buy Bitcoin - Earn It (Antonopoulos)  (Read 246 times)
jseverson

Activity: 1092
Merit: 687

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 01:56:24 AM

1. Most jobs where physical attendance is required usually don't pay in Bitcoin, usually because regulation/law

IMO there is nothing wrong with working for FIAT and converting it into bitcoin.

I completely agree. I mean, it's the same thing anyway -- your salary becomes Bitcoin at the end of the day and you can do whatever you want with it afterwards.

Either way, I don't see anything wrong with buying. People buy USD for whatever reasons and it's seen as natural. Why should the standards be any different with Bitcoin if we're treating it as a full blown currency? It's indeed better for the ecosystem if people stopped treating Bitcoin as an investment, but the act of buying itself isn't necessarily rooted to just the act of investing.

Projects paying in Bitcoin would also show that they are putting some valuable BTC into their business instead of "paying" probably useles shitcoins. That way we would have another advantage to weed out some blatant scam projects, many of them won't risk real BTC for their exit-scam. 

That's exactly the problem, they would have to spend real money on their campaigns lol. Why would they when people eat up whatever they make out of thin air anyway? Nothing short of an actual forum policy will stop this practice, and theymos isn't the type to enforce something this draconian.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.