Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Namecoin & BitDNS  (Read 128 times)
falseflagger (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 12:47:12 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2019, 01:01:40 PM by falseflagger

I agree.  All transactions, IP changes, renewals, etc. should have some fee that goes to the miners.

You might consider a certain amount of work to generate a domain, instead of a fixed total circulation.  The work per domain could be on a schedule that grows with Moore's Law.  That way the number of domains would grow with demand and the number of people using it.

Unfortunately Namecoin the first Bitcoin fork losing ground because capitalists speculating on Bitcoin price. Since 2016 the number of altcoins dramatically increased in order to get a share from the cryptocurrency boom.

I strongly believe that all other altcoins except Namecoin are totally useless.

Currently there are serious problems also in the development of Namecoin QT which according to my best knowledge not allowing to register .bit domains by choosing the coins the user may wish to spend. In the other hand Electrum-NMC very buggy and would need help from developers. In the future Namecoin will eventually going to beat all other altcoins because the current situation in the field of free speech is just getting worse.   

Satoshi Nakamoto said that "..number of domains would grow with demand and the number of people using it." But we have a problem today. Some people have registered hundreds of .bit domains and they not using it at all. Need to increase the fees in my opinion and that way squatters will be forced to give up many unused names.

I do use Namecoin and I will very likely always will exchange Bitcoin to Namecoin because as I said it is the only useful altcoin which ever created.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
falseflagger (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 01:13:31 PM

Supply/demand can't be calculated automatically: there needs to be a market. If a separate chain is used, miners need to sell domain space. I'd just put the data in the Bitcoin chain and rely on Bitcoin's transaction fees, though.

Merged mining did not created market for Namecoin and while there is demand there is no "supply" because the fees are too low and so easier to squat the .bit namespace by capitalists who want to sell those occupied names for profit. Just like they speculate today with other altcoins.

I wonder why you Theymos was so interested in Namecoin if BitcoinTalk don't use the .bit namespace. Would be great to see a decentralized BitcoinTalk instead one which is "integrated" into CloudFlare.
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 01:44:33 PM

I think all the coins are intrinsically useless because they are being used just for speculation at the moment and the true potential of the crypto hasn't been uncovered yet.

falseflagger (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 02:24:15 PM

I think all the coins are intrinsically useless because they are being used just for speculation at the moment and the true potential of the crypto hasn't been uncovered yet.

Namecoin is not only the first Bitcoin fork but also the answer for the greatest problems humanity facing today. In a few years you will see how Namecoin becomes the most valuable cryptocurrency regardless of the speculations by capitalists.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2019, 02:30:39 PM

Namecoin is not only the first Bitcoin fork but also the answer for the greatest problems humanity facing today. In a few years you will see how Namecoin becomes the most valuable cryptocurrency regardless of the speculations by capitalists.

namecoin is definitally a good one, and i do agree with you, it got overshadowed by others trying to get in with their own things.
but, i think it allowed it, as useful as it is, its a very boring coin, in crypto people want exciting things, boring, strictly useful things get old quick Sad
Heres to namecoin rising again one day! Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
falseflagger (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 04:30:09 PM

Cheesy I enjoyed reading your reply! What you mean by boring coin?  Shocked I think the general public simply just don't understand what is Namecoin. Namecoin is a very strong currency with a history which directly linked to Satoshi Nakamoto himself. Speculators mainly those who want to profit from cryptocurrencies find it useless because they only looking for money like they do with other altcoins.
This doesn't mean that the first Bitcoin fork can be ignored for too long!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: