Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:13:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HarmonyOS 1.0 by Huawei : Breaking free from the american Shackels  (Read 239 times)
Masha Sha (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:14:13 AM

I firmly believe that version is a first step in the right direction, and that each successive version will improve.

At least I don't doubt of the capacity of the chineses coders to develop something truely awesome.

However I fear that like the USA certain political considerations will make it less secure than it could be, but in all events better than anything that the american supporting child rapists could do.

To really be able to hurt the americans terrorists and criminals, I believe this OS should be compatible with Apple devices.

After all there is only a few generations (up the 5 for me) of hardware, and they could always pretend it's illegal, to free ourselves from their tyranny.

Why shall we care of what a nation which allows child rape think?

And it's the hardware of the buyers, what ever their corrupt child rapists supporting legal system believe...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:44:21 AM

Verified Open Source is the ideal, but not practical form most people and for most things.

I would suggest that Chinese use software and devices controlled by 5-eyes intel as much as practical.

I would suggest that Westerners use software and devices controlled by the Chicoms as much as practical.  I'll probably favor devices running HarmoneyOS when they are around.  Simply speaking, the Chinese having my dick-pics and what-not is not as much of a threat to me as the American government having them.  The Chicoms don't have much reason to be interested in me as an individual.

That said, the Israelis probably have access to both.  They have plenty of American high-tech to trade to the Chicoms for mass data dumps, and they probably own just as many people in the CCP politburo as they do in the U.S. congress.  Also, there is no reason the Americans and the Chicoms cannot trade PII data straight across and they likely do.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Masha Sha (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:52:13 AM

That said, the Israelis probably have access to both.  They have plenty of American high-tech to trade to the Chicoms for mass data dumps, and they probably own just as many people in the CCP politburo as they do in the U.S. congress.  Also, there is no reason the Americans and the Chicoms cannot trade PII data straight across and they likely do.

If you get found out of treason in China, you die. it's mostly that the isrealis tried to bribe the chineses with those transfers, the chineses took them, and then what? what else do the israelis have to offer? the thing is that the chineses can't see them as some gods on earth delirium. and so the isrealis starting to offer their tributes... don't forget you take the 100 best israelis or dual citizens, they will only be average in China, at best... because they wasted already too much time reading stories... the ultra competitive nature of the Chinese Gov ! and it was always like that... the israelis can't compete... maybe 1 each 100 year Smiley, and still the time he learns the proper ways... no chance.and worst, if one which such capacity existed why would he be so stupid to try to harm china? isn't wanting to do harm to china the mark of madness?

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 08:11:53 AM

That said, the Israelis probably have access to both.  They have plenty of American high-tech to trade to the Chicoms for mass data dumps, and they probably own just as many people in the CCP politburo as they do in the U.S. congress.  Also, there is no reason the Americans and the Chicoms cannot trade PII data straight across and they likely do.

If you get found out of treason in China, you die. it's mostly that the isrealis tried to bribe the chineses with those transfers, the chineses took them, and then what? what else do the israelis have to offer? the thing is that the chineses can't see them as some gods on earth delirium. and so the isrealis starting to offer their tributes... don't forget you take the 100 best israelis or dual citizens, they will only be average in China, at best... because they wasted already too much time reading stories... the ultra competitive nature of the Chinese Gov ! and it was always like that... the israelis can't compete... maybe 1 each 100 year Smiley, and still the time he learns the proper ways... no chance.and worst, if one which such capacity existed why would he be so stupid to try to harm china? isn't wanting to do harm to china the mark of madness?

(((They))) are pretty deeply embedded in China.  https://newrepublic.com/article/118477/shanghai-one-greatest-jewish-cities-ever-constructed  Probably even more so in Chinese 'communism', it being a 'Jew thing' from the start and certainly in the Russian (very bad) experience with the system.

Seems to me that the smart move for Chinese citizens would be to work toward re-unification with Taiwan, but opt for the Taiwanese style of Democracy, Liberty, and Freedom when unification happens.

Opps...now I'm on CPP 'enemies list' too.  Maybe I won't use HarmonyOS after all.  Actually last time I flew to Asia I had a layover in Canton.  I'll never do that again because the internet didn't work for shit there.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 02:36:47 PM

... and it's Guangzhou.
It's called trolling, my friend Smiley

I want dual boot Smiley !

Lol!  Good answer.

---

Seriously, I do hope that the Chinese will wise up en-mass and avoid the trap/infection before it's to late (if it isn't already.)  If so it will help the whole world.

I believe that the 'Chinese miracle' is largely a result of (((them))) considering China a source of slave labor initially, then a dumping ground for capital extracted by de-industrializing the U.S. in anticipation of a 'controlled demolition' in more recent times.  All the while 'technology transfers' have been a factor along with other kinds of transfers.

I also believe that Taiwan received little of the above benefit and it's rise was even more impressive so it is not fair to credit 'Chinese communism' for the state of the economy and society.  Taiwan achieved more without becoming a totalitarian nightmare for so many.  And so many more who _would_ appreciated freedom if they had had a taste of it rather than a lifetime of brainwashing.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 07:14:10 PM

A lot of it has to do with the deep-seated notion that ancestors are like gods. They have to obey (their government), because it is the thing their ancestors would have done. Taiwan is waking up to this false religion a bit.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Saltius

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 02:36:17 AM

Huawei officially declared it is open source.
But where is the code?
Guess Huawei just want to redefine open source itself?
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 10:06:13 AM

HarmonyOS may change how application uses the camera of the phone ( how they fully use the camera and not just by screenrab reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JjNXs1WAxI ) but Privacy and Security will be the major issue of Harmony OS, it's still questionable until the source code is up and ready for evaluation.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 11:32:35 AM

It actually doesn't matter if how good can this they called "Open-Source OS" which in fact they didn't even provide the code. Huawei can still be a pure threat no matter how I hate US from getting your information I am still  very conscious and scared when China is the one practicing it.

Harmony OS just recently launched and already had that "Privacy" issue that we can't just ignore.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 11:37:34 AM

There are decent and reasonably trustworthy operating systems around.  Hopefully HarmonyOS will be added to the list.  But operating systems are not the core problem as I see it.  Hardware security is.

If China wanted to create a yellow puddle under the 5-eyes they would focus on making auditable open-source hardware available to the Western plebs.  I'm not holding my breath.

Saltius

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 02:17:12 PM

How naive!
Your enemy's enemy may not be your friend.
It can be just even worse!
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 05:29:49 PM

Privacy and Security will be the major issue of Harmony OS, it's still questionable until the source code is up and ready for evaluation.

HarmonyOS uses a brand-new microkernel design that features enhanced security and low latency. This microkernel was designed to simplify kernel functions, implement as many system services as possible in user mode outside the kernel, and add mutual security protection. The microkernel itself provides only the most basic services like thread scheduling and IPC.

Harmony OS's microkernel design uses formal verification methods to reshape security and trustworthiness from the ground up in a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE). Formal verification methods are an effective mathematical approach to validate system correctness from the source, while traditional verification methods, such as functional verification and attack simulation, are confined to limited scenarios. Formal methods, by contrast, can use data models to verify all software running paths.

HarmonyOS is the first OS to use formal verification in device TEE, significantly improving security. In addition, because the HarmonyOS microkernel has much less code (roughly one-thousandth the amount of the Linux kernel), the probability of attack is greatly reduced.

Source: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/press/news/2019/huawei-launches-harmonyos/

No one is still confirmed, until they provide the code for mass evaluation. Press Releases are just Press Releases.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 01:24:32 PM

This is obviously wrong. If it were true, the whole government would have been dead long ago.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 01:25:45 PM

How naive!
Your enemy's enemy may not be your friend.
It can be just even worse!

Right. You might even die at the hands of your enemy's enemy.     Cool

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 03:29:32 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2020, 04:40:25 PM by tvbcof

I needed to get a TV before the Honor Vision TV was available.  First time I've bought a TV ever, but someone in my household is addicted to Facebook and all that crap so I figured maybe one of them new-fangled smartTV things could at least be wired in and try only to blast one's brain with non-stop footage of homicidal psychopaths (e.g., Batman movie) and not necessarily 2.4 Ghz electromagnetic radiation.

I assumed that an 'Android TV' would be able to run apps like, oh, I dunno, gmail?  chrome?  I bought the latest and very expensive Sony Bravia.  What a mistake.  It is incredibly buggy.  The 'facebook app' seems to be nothing more than a streaming platform (one of 1000 which are spammed repeatedly.)  The TV itself reverts to streaming mainstream trash (glorification of homicidal psychopaths) at every available opportunity.  One can easily lose the ability to even adjust the settings because the device is so intent on streaming shit.

The browser, if one can call it that, is ultra-lame.  Some piece of shit which may be loosely based on some ancient cut-down chromium code inbred with some Opera code as best I can tell.  No alternatives are available, or at least none that I wanted to try since all of them promise to spam one into insanity with ads.  When I put in the URL to Google and thought about logging on (with one of my throw-away accounts) I got a warning that the very browser which they bundled and won't replace was insecure.  Nice.

Jewtube seems to be one of the few bona-fide apps on the thing.  It's main defect is that most of the time half the screen is taken up by thumbnails of the next bunch of crap that they plan to force-feed you even though I have auto-play turned off.

I'm nearing the 99% certainty level that whoever wrote Idiocracy with the big-screen TV's filled with spam add boxes was a deep insider;  Way way way to many things are knock-on perfect (including, sadly, many of the people who post here.)  I gotta wonder about Dr.'s Krinsky and Altschuler.

---

Anyway, I'm quite sure I'll be getting an Honor Vision TV at my first opportunity (since there is no way on earth it will be worse than my AndroidTV) and am hopeful that one will be able to build Harmony OS from source and flash it to the device.  Actually I'm not to hopeful about that, but we can all dream.  Come on China.  Stick it to the creepy fucks in Silicon Valley.  I'm begging you...and I'll buy even more of your stuff than I already own if you do.

---

Edit:

Oh ya, yet another defect with my AndroidTV:  All it supports out-of-the-box vis-a-vis file sharing is 'DLNA'.  That's a brilliant technology which seems to aggregate all of the pictures in a hierarchy into a single collection.  How convenient...to pan through 10,000 pictures in one location to find the one you are looking for...on a device with a processor which seems like an old i386-SX.  To add insult to injury it won't even recognize .mp4 format for videos.  They play fine on other machines so it's probably some DRM thing.

To say the truth, it seems like most of the 'file sharing' (and practically every other feature) is designed to let the software creator scrape your storage devices and send the results back to mothership.  Making an accually useful or functional piece of software is a distant afterthought which is typically neglected.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: