Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:13:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: best firmware to mine in oil?!  (Read 217 times)
plogm (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 02:17:00 PM

Hello guys

i am about to run 3 s9j antminer asic miners in oil, but i stuck with two different
1. I need a firmware which can modify fan speed to make it work in oil(otherwise it wont bootup because of low fan speed).
2. or I just need to buy fan simulator to fool control board! ( which in this case i need original antminer recovery .zip file that I couldnt find in any site!)

so please if anyone did that or have the recovery file would helpout alot./

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 08:52:35 PM

You can try to use Braiins OS you can disable fan or disable the sensor scan found it from this link below.
- https://github.com/braiins/braiins-os/blob/master/whatsnew.md#2019-02-21-0

You can find the Official thread from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036844.0

I heard fan simulator right now for latest antminer will not work it reads as shorted(short circuit) if you use the simulator.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AlecMe

Activity: 392
Merit: 159

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 09:43:11 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2019, 02:05:02 AM by frodocooper
Merited by NotFuzzyWarm (2)

Why do you need to change the firmware? For OC purposes?

Also, just an opinion but why not use the fans to cool the radiator that has the liquid running throgh?

Would love to hear more about the build you plan. What are you going to use as a holder for oil?

What plans do you have for a fail-safe for the pump, let's say as if it fails the oil will get hot, although not sure if it can catch fire from that

Also, why mineral oil and not silicon oil, cheaper and better? I believe it is called Polydimethylsiloxane
Clearco products -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3075413.0

About silicon oil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3075413.0

Hope this helps and look forward for some photos of your miners in liquid.

Also thinking of putting my t2t-30t (if anyone did this with success please do let me know) in liquid as he is noisier than my s9's...
plogm (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 03:40:54 AM

Thank you for your replies,

actually ive got problems with changing firmwares, i used this instructions to change the firmware but it stocks in recovery mode and wont upgrade via web interface! which is different topic.
 and yes i have to change the firmware because when you put your asic miner in oil , the oil decreases your fan speed so mining will be stopped cause of this fault!
but there is another way which cost about 5 bucks to use fan simulator! which was not a bad idea , and I used it and it works smoothly.
its two days now and temperature is about 70 centigrades and mining 17th/s with stock bitmain firmware for s9j 14th/s.   

i havent install the thermostat to stop the hole system if something goes wrong. but i highly recommend to do so cause it could be really dangerous.

I will upload some pictures later.
and at this time I really could use some advice if anyone done this.

the oil I used was mineral oil, its odorless, colorless and tasteless but i have concerns about affect of the oil on the silicon paste.   
I havent heard about the oil you mentioned but i will be do research about that! thanks
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2019, 06:17:35 PM

Thank you for your replies,

actually ive got problems with changing firmwares, i used this instructions to change the firmware but it stocks in recovery mode and wont upgrade via web interface! which is different topic.
 and yes i have to change the firmware because when you put your asic miner in oil , the oil decreases your fan speed so mining will be stopped cause of this fault!
but there is another way which cost about 5 bucks to use fan simulator! which was not a bad idea , and I used it and it works smoothly.
its two days now and temperature is about 70 centigrades and mining 17th/s with stock bitmain firmware for s9j 14th/s.   

i havent install the thermostat to stop the hole system if something goes wrong. but i highly recommend to do so cause it could be really dangerous.

I will upload some pictures later.
and at this time I really could use some advice if anyone done this.

the oil I used was mineral oil, its odorless, colorless and tasteless but i have concerns about affect of the oil on the silicon paste.   
I havent heard about the oil you mentioned but i will be do research about that! thanks

You should follow the guide for installing BraiinsOS, its basically just move a jumper (jp4) and insert the microsd card. Preparing this card might be the biggest challenge to some (windows) users (its just a "dd" for everyone else).

You turn the miner on and it will boot bOS from the card, you can leave it running like that, or you can permanently install it into the controller's nand later if you like it with an option from the web ui.

Once running there are various parameters you can change, you can run it without fans at all, or change the dangerous temp zones, etc. Pretty much anything you wan't, including disabling damaged sensors.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: [1]
  Print