Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:10:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forkdelta ridiculous order book  (Read 423 times)
Ten98

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 07:53:58 PM

forkdelta and etherdelta are indeed slow in renewing buy or sell orders, I don't really mind this because trading in forkdelta is known as the last choice place for token holders to sell tokens because there are no other DEX, generally people use forkdelta to buy tokens at prices that are  the cheapest with other markets.
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 08:28:16 PM

I've been trading on forkdelta for some specific tokens and there's a lot of problems with order book bid price is higher than ask price when trying to sell on a bid price it says order has been filled, if order is filled why it's still in the order book and also the lower price orders filled rather than high price orders and order book not updated for hours even if trading pair is too active, i can't examine the real buy sell prices at forkdelta is there any solution for that or it'll goes like this.

This problem is connected with the fact that people place several orders at different prices for the same coins and when someone buys one of the orders, the others continue to hang on their due date. Forkdelta cannot solve this problem, so you have to check all orders manually.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 01:45:40 PM

This happens in forkdelta you have to refresh the browser and they have slow system in terms of buying and selling orders. Those user of forkdelta experience this kind of issue when bidding on selling of tokens. Might as well use other exchange that suits your expectation.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 03:11:28 PM

That's how the forkdelta is working. You can put your token whatever how the price for each of your token. The floor price has already eliminated even since the dev made etherdelta. You can fill order even it's having the high price compared with some are putting the low order.
Idex is much better but you must do KYC for that. that's one disadvatages of fork and etherdelta. 

Yes I agree that forkdelta can be ridiculously slow at clearing orders that have already being completed. Howver, similarly it happens on Idex too. And also, since when did Idex start requesting for kyc? That's just crazy. IDex used to be a favourite exchange for me. When did the kyc craze engulf them too?

bonyaserg

Activity: 1876
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 03:23:13 PM

Forkdelta is a very interesting exchange where you can practically sell any token. But the truth is at a lower price than on other exchanges. And it’s very good when you have to sell and get at least some kind of income from the sale of tokens. And the Forkdelt exchange always gives you the opportunity to sell any token.
Caishen_Project

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 03:49:11 PM

I found this very disturbing whenever am trading any particular token on forkdelta. I will be surprised to see most of the order books on bid price has been picked and when trying to pick them, the error message is order has been filled, at some point in time I have to complain on their telegram group. I hope they will do something about it because traders are really complaining about it

Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 05:08:32 PM

ForkDelta has a number of drawbacks and these drawbacks you just need to consider and be able to use the exchange further. Perhaps for analyzing the token trading on ForkDelta it is better to look at the trading history, see how often transactions are made and what is the average purchase/sale price. This will help you determine the supply and demand of the coin that interests you. In general, the main advantage of this exchange is decentralization and the absence of any limits.
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 05:30:01 PM

I've been trading on forkdelta for some specific tokens and there's a lot of problems with order book bid price is higher than ask price when trying to sell on a bid price it says order has been filled, if order is filled why it's still in the order book and also the lower price orders filled rather than high price orders and order book not updated for hours even if trading pair is too active, i can't examine the real buy sell prices at forkdelta is there any solution for that or it'll goes like this.
Same problem is in the Etherdelta as forkdelta. Idex exchange is the best, between all decentralized exchange. This problem is for expires time or could be another. Another problem, forkdelta exchange is very slow and very low privacy.

santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 05:39:25 PM

It's api issue, which even after improvement, hit or miss. Better trade there when you have no other choice left.

Better trade there when you have no other choice left.

As always, this is the right thing to said about that FORKDELTA and even before with ETHERDELTA!
I hope there will be changes on their system so there will be no random buy and sell on exchange.
Lowest must go first!
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 05:39:55 PM

It takes me and my laughter. The order of the trade is automatically canceled. I was surprised. And I also got a smile. I got the trade cancellation.I think their system should be updated. There is no peace by trade.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Karlinz
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 06:43:35 PM

Forkdelta is such a funny exchange, it is quite difficult for a newbie to understand all these discrepancies with the exchange. Sometimes it appears like a bug. The only interesting thing about it is that one can trade at a reasonable low adjusted fee and as well take small trades of a little amount unlike idex that has a very high trade minimum for taker and maker.

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
d_fitrie

Activity: 589
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 07:00:25 PM

I often experience it even reloading it in a gap of more than 5 hours is also not lost from the order book, hoping that the system is updated so that it does not happen again.
Balili

Activity: 354
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 07:35:54 PM

Forkdelta is quite ridiculous to trade with as a Newbie, once I open it, I get confused immediately, the layout is pretty not encouraging and sometimes it appears like a bug. Though I learnt the fees are considerably less
Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:43:29 PM

Forkdelta is a decentralised exchange and anybody can set any price they feel comfortable with, if it's a great if token, you will see very good prices for large quantities but if it's a shitcoin without liquidity, you are likely to see the kind of discrepancy that you mentioned.
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:58:15 PM

Forkdelta is a decentralised exchange and anybody can set any price they feel comfortable with, if it's a great if token, you will see very good prices for large quantities but if it's a shitcoin without liquidity, you are likely to see the kind of discrepancy that you mentioned.
that is, the seller is free to put any price on the token he/she will sell. Buyers can put prices as low as possible. Usually less valuable tokens are traded there lately. That is the fact, the gap is too high. Forkdelta performance is like that, the API is low.

Chemcrier
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

IMO Exchange - Customer First.

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 10:11:53 PM

As much as we have been creaming Decentralisation and Blockchian technology, the sad fact is that decentralised exchanges which embodies the true definition of Decentralisation has very little volume and in most cases, their volume isn't even tracked in Cryptocurrency Price tracking websites.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Yamifoud

Activity: 2758
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 10:24:13 PM

I have been using FD for more than a year but everything went smooth, only it sometimes we experience some delays to upload but it won't take too long to wait.
@OP I could think that there might have a problem with browser and I suggest tried to use other browser or refresh it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███