Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:38:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Biometric BTC wallet?  (Read 801 times)
bartekjagoda (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:27:50 PM

I don't know about biometric authentication for company, but biometric authentication information which used on Android/iOS is stored on local device, so internet connection isn't required.
Most likely you are talking about phone lock. Almost all new Android phone coming on markets with fingerprint feature. It can't be compare with Biometric wallet. If there is Biometric wallet then it should be attached individually for each wallet (not with phone)

From security perspective, i'd agree. But in reality, many application with built-in biometric authentication uses Android/iOS's biometric, even banking application.

The problem with Adroid or IOS is that it does not let you read the data from a finger or face, the phone only let the app confirm the submitted lock finger/face match the touching finger/face. Which means a rooted phone could be hacked if the android or OSX is "modified"

Then there is always problem with the backup phrase, or if someone has an accident and looses a hand, what then?

Ich liebe Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hal9900

Activity: 21
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 06:48:40 PM

So has anyone read the ZoOm white papers? What do you all think of it? It passed all these security tests.
https://www.zoomlogin.com/#page-blk-white-papers
bartekjagoda (OP)

Merit: 5

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:52:33 PM

I recall in elementary school, officer friendly coming by to ask the parents to have their kids' fingerprints taken in case they were ever 'kidnapped'.

Quite obviously the us govt has one of the largest fingerprint databases on the planet.

It would be trivial, if they didn't already have your fingerprint, for them to obtain some from you if they became aware.

Also, anyone in the military, they have your DNA on file.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/09/little-fanfare-fbi-ramps-biometrics-programs-yet-again-part-1

Thats why you probably would salt it with additional data

Ich liebe Bitcoin
ewaspiro

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 08:52:37 PM

I recall in elementary school, officer friendly coming by to ask the parents to have their kids' fingerprints taken in case they were ever 'kidnapped'.

Quite obviously the us govt has one of the largest fingerprint databases on the planet.

It would be trivial, if they didn't already have your fingerprint, for them to obtain some from you if they became aware.

Also, anyone in the military, they have your DNA on file.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/09/little-fanfare-fbi-ramps-biometrics-programs-yet-again-part-1

Thats why you probably would salt it with additional data

Could you elaborate please, it seems like an interesting idea.

If I dont reply to your PM means I dont want to have you send me more PMs
Julian ogan

Merit: 27

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 12:48:15 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2019, 04:17:44 PM by Julian ogan

I know Zengo wallet provides Biometric 3D Face Authentication and D’CENT Biometric hardware wallet provides Fingerprint Biometric Authentication.

• Zengo is the first Keyless Crypto wallet that as no Private keys. It has distributed security between our wallet and ZenGo servers. Even if the wallet is lost or hacked, our assets are safe.

• D’CENT Biometric hardware wallet has built in fingerprint scanner which acts as an additional security for accessing wallet.

Source: https://zengo.com/
https://dcentwallet.com/overview/specification.html

keychainX

Activity: 374
Merit: 53

Telegram @keychainX

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 01:08:03 PM

I know Zengo wallet provides Biometric 3D Face Authentication and D’CENT Biometric hardware wallet provides Fingerprint Biometric Authentication.

• Zengo is the first Keyless Crypto wallet that as no Private keys. It has distributed security between our wallet and ZenGo servers. Even if the wallet is lost or hacked, our assets are safe.

• D’CENT Biometric hardware wallet has built in fingerprint scanner which acts as an additional security for accessing wallet.

Seriously, cut n paste from zengo website

your security is distributed between your device and ZenGo servers

No ZenGo, Not your coins....

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 08:19:47 PM

How did you find this wallet?

According to the whois, the domain of zengo was registered 1999(Such a good domain)
Code:
Registered On:1999-03-24
Expires On:2022-03-24

So how safe this wallet is?

And I found that the domain wayback/history this website is not yet alive until april they have a representative here on the forum but they are not active. You can check their profile here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2568273

So how safe is this wallet?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Julian ogan

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 04:15:59 PM

It is not cut and paste, it is the definition of the wallet in my words.

I saw this thread and searched about Biometric BTC wallet and found these wallets.

I am not sure how safe is this wallet, as I have not used these wallets. It was just a suggestion.

keychainX

Activity: 374
Merit: 53

Telegram @keychainX

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 05:42:17 PM

It is not cut and paste, it is the definition of the wallet in my words.

I saw this thread and searched about Biometric BTC wallet and found these wallets.

I am not sure how safe is this wallet, as I have not used these wallets. It was just a suggestion.

So this keyless wallet, what happens if Zengo goes away, where are my keys?

Julian ogan

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 03:27:55 AM

So this keyless wallet, what happens if Zengo goes away, where are my keys?

Read here - https://zengo.com/security/ to know more about Zengo Keyless security. There is no point in discussing here about how Zengo works? Anyone can give any suggestions but before using any wallets, one should do a lot of research about that, check their reviews and then only they should use it.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: