Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:52:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unbanned  (Read 1782 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2011, 02:00:00 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2011, 01:54:12 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I'm 51 years old and have never been banned from anything in my life--until about 10 days ago. From this forum. I've always played by the rules in everything I do, although sometimes I have been known to skirt them. Case in point--this forum. As I've mentioned in the past, I've never been an active member in any forum before. This one is my first. That said, I had to go through the learning curve, of sorts, on how to participate on a/this forum. I've recently learned that this forum is unlike most others--granted, all forums are different, but... A couple times, theymos PM'ed me, stating what infractions I have made. I quickly corrected my practices. Fast forward about 10 days ago. It seems I was posting off-topic. Although they were not malicious posts, they were off-topic nonetheless, especially when related to the OP of those threads. In my mind, I fully put the blame on getting caught up in the narrative of this forum. The result of my infraction: Banned for 3 days for off-topic posting. Boy, was I pissed. Threes days would seem like an eternity for not being able to play with my friends. What I couldn't understand is why I couldn't have gotten another PM telling me, in no uncertain terms, to play nice. I'm not a kid! As I sat at my computer, with tears in my eyes (maybe I'm going overboard here and should have stated that I was standing at my computer), I contemplated my next move. I asked myself, WWAD? Upon finding the asking, I did it--opened a new account. With that new account, I went on a diatribe about being banned, this forum needs change, etc. The usual stuff a 51 year old would do in my case (I guess that negates the sentence "I'm not a kid", above). Result: Banned for 7 days for junk-posting and evading a bad. Note to self: Read the fuckin' rules. During the first couple days, I was totally locked out of this forum. I couldn't even read posts by my friends. I was alone. I was scared. I needed a fix. Result: I joined SA. Paid my $9.95 to read about Bitcoin. When I got to the B-Thread, I was bored shitless. I at least wanted some humor to help me through this episode in my life. Nothing! Then I was able to read this forum again, albeit still unable to post or PM. Great! But the narrative seemed to have changed. Did others get banned as well? Were those not banned put on their paper (southern expression--I miss that freckled faced redhead)? Well, it looks like a little house cleaning is the works. I guess that's a good thing.

The other thing I want to restate is the following. There are a lot of bright young adults on this board. Sometimes the knowledge they share is over my head. I like that. But, with all that book smarts, the one thing they mostly lack is life experience. Please don't take that as an insult. It's just a fact of life. All because you've the best one who read and understood the manual, doesn't mean you're on the next ship to the ISS.

Love you guys, and hope you enjoyed this post. But if I get banned because this is off-topic, I'm taking up masterbation opposed to SA.

Your friend, Bruno

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 08:28:56 PM

Phinnaeus, that is hilarious.  Were you "nikki the bitch?"

(BFL)^2 < 0
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5138
Merit: 12565

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 09:17:40 PM

This was once again off-topic... Before posting, you need to compare your post to the OP. What you posted is not related to this:

Did Matthew get suspended over this.  He hasn't posted in the last couple of days although his profile shows him as having visited the forum not long ago.  His absence from the "Matthew, I wish to present you with a gift" thread seems especially strange.

That topic was about Matthew. Your post is not.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2011, 01:09:07 AM

Phinnaeus, that is hilarious.  Were you "nikki the bitch?"

Maybe I was. Maybe I wasn't.

This was once again off-topic... Before posting, you need to compare your post to the OP. What you posted is not related to this:

Did Matthew get suspended over this.  He hasn't posted in the last couple of days although his profile shows him as having visited the forum not long ago.  His absence from the "Matthew, I wish to present you with a gift" thread seems especially strange.

That topic was about Matthew. Your post is not.

Did I fuck up again? I see that my post did not have anything to do with the OP, but it had everything to do with the being banned issue in general. I guess I could have easily started the post with quoting the OP and include the following line: I see now that Matthew was banned over what he did. I guess it's a lot worst then what I did. Here's my story:

If I did it that way, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been off-topic.

At any rate, thank you, theymos, for bringing this to my attention once again. I'm not pissed or anything. Just have to be very, very careful with my postings.

Nikki the Bitch Bruno
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5138
Merit: 12565

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 02:25:00 AM

I see now that Matthew was banned over what he did. I guess it's a lot worst then what I did. Here's my story:

This still wouldn't be on-topic. That sentence doesn't have any substance.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 01:39:25 AM

I see now that Matthew was banned over what he did. I guess it's a lot worst then what I did. Here's my story:

Ahahaha...admins trolling trolls. Bitcoin: what, did you find that shit under a bridge or something?

I am not sure how I have not gotten banned or even PMed about misbehavin'...every other forum I have used, I have ridden the perma-ban line like a demon hell ride.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 02:52:30 AM

Ahahaha...admins trolling trolls. Bitcoin: what, did you find that shit under a bridge or something?

I am not sure how I have not gotten banned or even PMed about misbehavin'...every other forum I have used, I have ridden the perma-ban line like a demon hell ride.

They can't look at your avatar long enough to write you the warning pm Smiley

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2011, 01:12:09 AM

They can't look at your avatar long enough to write you the warning pm Smiley

HEY! Leave Randy alone. His avatar is the only action I've been getting in the last couple days--now that Matthew has replaced his avatar with a piece of meat between between two buns...HMMM! Be Right Back!
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 12:53:05 AM

we can seriously be banned for posting off-topic? wow when did the third Reich take over bitcointalk?
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 04:00:14 AM

we can seriously be banned for posting off-topic? wow when did the third Reich take over bitcointalk?

Troll all you want, post the most pointless, inane crap, but go off topic and it's THE BAN HAMMER FOR YOU!

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 04:03:46 AM

Troll all you want, post the most pointless, inane crap, but go off topic and it's THE BAN HAMMER FOR YOU!

Wellp, don't mind if I do!

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 08:55:57 AM

If you want to check out the results of uninhibited off topicness, read the bitHopper thread, and then tell me posting off topic is such a good idea.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 01:56:31 PM

I just changed the title to this thread because the original title was by default since it was moved off from a different thread by possibly a mod who, some believe, drinks German beer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: