Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:33:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum getting old?  (Read 886 times)
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 11:47:11 AM

Its valuable because it actually has a decentralized mining distribution.  Gamers and poor people can use gpus while bitcoin is only dominated by asics.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
key4co.in

Activity: 812
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 12:33:47 PM

Ethereum is old, that's true, but Ethereum is definitely not extinct.  Let's not be so quick to forget the awesome contributions of Ethereum in bringing forth unique projects built on its blockchain. Competition is always a welcome development, and for a fact TRON, EOS, and other new blockchain architectures like Binance Chain are really taking the shine gradually from ETH. I strongly believe ETH 2.0 will bring back Ethereum's glory, if not delayed further as always.
asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 01:15:13 PM

If they do not speed upt the process of developing Ethereum 2.0 they will have a real problems.
QuarkChain, Elrond, Harmony and Zilliqa already have working state sharding technology, aren´t you afraid that Dapps will start moving to faster blockchain solutions?

sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 01:28:07 PM

I don,t think its getting old and losing its popularity .The ethereum platform is well developed and his a bright future .The vast of ICO is making an affect on this platform but the platform will not survive in near future .However the market is going down and not only affect on eth only but also all the cryuptos are surviving now .So the i have firmly say it will be a good project for all time.

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2019, 01:39:19 PM

Ethereum is not getting old. It is getting a bit matured, as the developers are constantly working to remove the bugs and known issues. The platform is still used by more than 90% of the ICOs, despite doubts regarding the security. Other competing platforms such as QTUM, NEO and Cardano have gone down the drain and are becoming insignificant in the cryptocurrency market.
Belianez

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 02:03:54 PM

Every year something changes in the market , look at those coins that were in 2014-15 year and how much the market has changed during this time a lot of coins died , so can be with Ethereum.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
coaprotet
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

KNL Ecosystem - Invest. Trade. Earn.

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 02:20:13 PM

ETH is the of the oldest and without any doubt the most used altcoin. As our market shows, old coins are never getting old. For example, just look at BTC with its ridiculous 7 tps and high fees, nevertheless, it is still the most popular crypto currency.

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
yazher

Activity: 2170
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 02:43:04 PM

Etheium is not that old, the only problem is the huge count of rivals that are appearing almost every day so investors diversify their investments onto those project and leaving ETH.

Day by day scenario like this resulting in the Etherium collapse its price. the only thing they can do to prevent this is to release the Etherium 2.0 that they talking about. so that the investors will have some option again to return on ETH investment.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1715

airbet.io

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 03:03:02 PM

Etheium is not that old, the only problem is the huge count of rivals that are appearing almost every day so investors diversify their investments onto those project and leaving ETH.

Day by day scenario like this resulting in the Etherium collapse its price. the only thing they can do to prevent this is to release the Etherium 2.0 that they talking about. so that the investors will have some option again to return on ETH investment.

the development team said that ethereum 2.0 will be launched on January 3, 2020, the day when the first block of the Bitcoin blockchain was made ten years ago. Just waiting a few more months and ethereum will rise again with ethereum 2.0. Maybe this will be a turning point for ethereum to get better.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-20s-phase-zero-scheduled-to-launch-on-january-3-2020-devs

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 03:04:42 PM

ETH is the of the oldest and without any doubt the most used altcoin. As our market shows, old coins are never getting old. For example, just look at BTC with its ridiculous 7 tps and high fees, nevertheless, it is still the most popular crypto currency.

Bitcoin and ETH are different. Just because they're the same 'old coins' doesn't their fate will be the same. There was a lot of case where coins die, even though they born early and one of the 'old coins'.

The reason why BTC is still at the top is simply that lots of people 'trust' and believe in the power od BTC. Unlike ETH, BTC is not born from ICO or something similar and has gone through ups and downs many times. There is no other chain which is more secure than Bitcoin atm while ETH faces a lot of competition. Let's see where their future lies. I doubt their 'leader' will let their beloved coins to die without getting any profits.
takngantuk

Activity: 1024
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2019, 03:15:49 PM

no, ethereum isn't too old yet. it's just that now it's having a problem, so it looks like it's no good. if ethereum can do an update, I believe ETH can return to good as before. so the point is they are still not old enough and can still compete with other platforms.
pakdemaco11

Activity: 249
Merit: 10

NeedforTurbo https://needforturbo.com/

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 03:32:22 PM

ethereum can still develop, it's just that eth is currently constrained by many ICO scams using their platform so that ETH is no longer as popular as 2017. I'm sure vitalic will create a new breakthrough for the future of ETH

██████████████████████          N E E D   F O R   T U R B O          ██████████████████████
ETHEREUM & BINANCE SMART CHAIN
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄     LEARN MORE     ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1101

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 03:32:56 PM

I don't think people who are gamers or small time miners can actually mine ethereum anymore, that was valid until a point but if you try to calculate right now its either breaking even sometimes or even making a loss, it would be better to buy ethereum and wait right now instead of buying that many gpu and trying to mine ethereum.

There is no ASIC that is for sure (I heard there was some recently but that could be fake news) but there are tons of modified gpu systems that mine a lot more and they are running out of stock faster than they can build it which is why I think people who have mining farms like crazy are cornering the ethereum mining market and people with couple of mining rigs at their home would better mine something else to make their money from mining.
wanted sliter

Activity: 398
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 03:48:31 PM

Ethereum had a large prominence within the crypto space since launch, due to its flexibility for developing decentralized applications and launching ICO tokens. During 2017, Ethereum gained a lot of traction where it had massive transaction activity within its Blockchain network. This was largely attributed towards the rise of ICO's popularity, as well as, Blockchain-based games like CryptoKitties. While those times where exciting, everything came to an end as soon as transaction speeds became lower and fees spiked due to high network load.

After that, the ICO craze was no more, and people stopped using Ethereum more thoroughly. With the rise of other smart contract platforms with better speeds and lower fees than Ethereum, most developers and businesses have shifted towards well-known competitors of ETH. Now, many people are waiting for the PoS consensus upgrade to take effect, but developers continue to delay the same. After so many delays, it seems to me that Ethereum is starting to get old. The hype is over, and people are not so excited about ETH as they used to be within its early days.

Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Huh
Never, segwit is the way a coin to evolve.
Just read a topic about ETH's related coins.
When it separates from mother's coin, there would be something more advanced than old one.
So, ETH (Atleast the name) would never gets old. It would evolve to adapt reality

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bitcoin Seller

Activity: 567
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 08:28:52 PM

More people are using Eth than ever before, for its intended use as a platform for decentralized applications. The ICO thing was always a distraction.

Ethereum is not getting older. The project is constantly developing, and in 2020, we will see Ethereum 2.0 which will be something new. ICOs did not exist for a long time and they did not affect ETH popularity so much.
I suppose that Smart Contracts make this altcoin so useful (not only them sure). In the future, this token will not lose popularity.
Replecant5B

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 11:35:09 PM

You are welcome! You are planning to order? What model do you want to acquire?
Yeah, I thought about T17 model, what do you think?
RiskoMania

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 11:37:06 PM

I would take S17 as the price on S17 is very low on asicequipment, they really merely giveaways these rigs
Replecant5B

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 11:41:46 PM

I would take S17 as the price on S17 is very low on asicequipment, they really merely giveaways these rigs
Rin comparison with other sites, yes. Let me think
faadhilah

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 11:45:13 PM

If people are no longer excited about Ethereum. I think you are wrong because until now there are still many people who focus on Ethereum. We know that very many coins nowadays, so investors like divisions. And I hope that the Ethereum is getting older and will start to grow again as in the year 2017.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
RiskoMania

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 11:46:22 PM

Rin comparison with other sites, yes. Let me think
Take your time. Always better to think twice before purchasing
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: