Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:04:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My greatest crypto regret  (Read 4854 times)
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 09:25:21 AM

My regret in crypto is that I was late entering this bitcointalk forum, because I first got to know bitcoin in 2012, then in 2016 I entered this forum to find out about bitcoin and newborn altcoins, meaning I was late in entering this forum because I was negligent with investments that are not clear and coincidentally at that time the investment had to use bitcoin and made me a big loss at that time, because the website where I invested was closed suddenly.
Ha! You came in 2016 and you are sorry. Yes, only in the summer-autumn of 2017 did you have the opportunity to become a millionaire for several thousand $.
I learned about Bitcon in 2013 and watched it from time to time until 2017. Only in the fall of 2017 did I pay close attention to this. Under the influence of FOMO Grin. When BTC and most altcoins have already made the bulk of price movements. And now I'm regret for buying several assets close to highs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 12:10:48 PM

My greatest regret was not selling some bounty tokens soon enough and the project turned out to be a scam project. The tokens are in my wallet now with no use. I had an opportunity and I let it go..that's my greatest regret.

jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 12:15:29 PM

I'm curious on how much your friend has made during his entire stay to the bitcoin community as of today. He's right that it doesn't really cost a lot before when the difficulty of mining was really low and some faucets are giving an entire amount of whole bitcoin.

Almost the same regret that I have and it's just part of it because I've got a lot of regrets that I wasn't able to do before. But I'm trying all my best to avoid the same mistakes that I've done just like the experience you had.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
Kelvinid

Activity: 2786
Merit: 343

when lambo...

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 12:26:06 PM

My greatest regret was not selling some bounty tokens soon enough and the project turned out to be a scam project. The tokens are in my wallet now with no use. I had an opportunity and I let it go..that's my greatest regret.
That be sorry, things may happens like that in this volatile market. You'll be consider your self unlucky but think that it is not the end of your crypto life, you will find another project sooner that may repay of your hard works and sacrifices. Not only you have got this, a lot out there having the same regrets but they still here cause they believe it so, time will come somehow. 

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 12:35:24 PM

I don`t know, I don`t have many regrets. We all could do more, earn more, buy more and wait longer than we really did. But what is the purpose of that? What we could do better we can do now? Is it late, I don`t think so, this is just started, there is a lot more free space for cryptocurrencies to evolve. Real global adoption didn`t start yet, whatever we regret we have a chance to do it better, so instead regretting, better focus on this moment and how to do better this time.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 01:07:25 PM

personally i never regret with moment that happen to my crypto activity,especially things that rellated with bounty reward.sometimes i am late when selling my token reward and its value decreased alot.i am never regret with this accident and keep finding good bounty campaign or opportunity to earn money again from cryptocurrency market.
ishirut009

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 01:35:08 PM

wooooo. that is one of the biggest mistake that i learned till this day, but guess what ? you never  know and no one will ever know what will happen to the future but what thing is for sure, everything is not the end and you can still make money off of this crypto market.

SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1101

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 01:39:20 PM

My greatest crypto regret was when a friend wanted to give me 6btc in 2010 and i told him this 'you are just wasting your time with all this useless internet things' and even the guy wasnt sure if what is holding will worth it in future so the guy replied 'it costs me nothing' ,after few months i stop seeing the guy again even till date,i thinks he is not in my city anymore,what is your greatest crypto regret?
During the time bitcoin was released, I had participated in lots of this hyip scheme that I didn’t get my money back, it was also the period that I tried leverage trading that failed for me, so I gave up on all these online money doubling schemes including the Forex trading that I picked interest in then.

At that point, a friend also advised me about it which I ignored, but my regret is that the money I would have used to invest in it then was so small that it would have actually cost me nothing because as at that time, my salary was about $600, and imagine what I would have used $100 to buy by then. Till date, I am still filled with lots of regrets not paying attention to it, and maybe by now, I would have become a billionaire and not be running after all these campaigns that are mocking us hunters with little token.
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 01:40:46 PM

My greatest crypto regret was when a friend wanted to give me 6btc in 2010 and i told him this 'you are just wasting your time with all this useless internet things' and even the guy wasnt sure if what is holding will worth it in future so the guy replied 'it costs me nothing' ,after few months i stop seeing the guy again even till date,i thinks he is not in my city anymore,what is your greatest crypto regret?
Maybe he is enjoying 6 BTC on Bahamas.  Cheesy
I most regret that I did not buy cryptocurrencies when I heard about them for the first time in 2010-2011, but I think that all of us have same experience.  Smiley

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 03:28:56 PM

My greatest crypto regret is pretty much. There are several coins I should have sold for profit but kept holding. One by one, their prive value started dipping. Many of them closed business operations permanently and I am left a bagholder of the world's shittiest coins. Don't be like me. Sell when you feel like.

Caishen_Project

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 03:36:57 PM

This is a bitter experience, actually yours is somehow worst version of mine. I knew about BTC in the year 2015 and my greatest regret is not putting all savings which worth around 1000$ into it. If am not mistaken, my 1000$ should have turned to 20k$ or more today. It's really something I can't forget easily

2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 03:40:33 PM

I only regret that I do not have the patience to keep the coins to the end.  I take them off very quickly.  And I often suffer from this.  In this way I try to reinsure myself, but it turns out just the opposite.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 01:58:52 AM

My regret is not buying bitcoin when it was introduce to me back then.

At that time the price is really cheap that I can afford but I chose to not pay attention.

Now btc is expensive.

LOL.... this is going to be the same story with at least 80% of the users here. I first heard about Bitcoin in 2011, and decided to invest in it only after one and half years. But that was not the only regret. There can be hundreds of thousands of possibilities where I should have done better. But there is no point in talking about it, as we can't go back in time and reverse our actions.

One of my biggest mistakes was ignoring the Ethereum ICO. If you check my posts during that time, you can see that I was very vocal in accusing Vitalik and his project as a scam. But I was wrong and we all know what happened to Ethereum after the ICO. The prices for Ether increased by 200x between 2015(when the coin was listed) and 2017.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 03:10:03 AM

Maybe your friend already sold the btc before the price gone moon. There are several peoples that i know, have same regret with you.
Most of the earlier adopters of bitcoin were selling their btc and have no idea that the bitcoin price would skyrocketing few years later.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 04:11:06 AM

It's been said that in life you should have no regrets. However,  it's hard not to think about how would it be to have kept a few Bitcoins from 2010 when it was almost for free.

Life goes on, mate. Keep your eyes open and I'm sure you can find other gems like Eth, Bnb etc.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
keziakusayang

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 04:24:57 AM

many people are sorry for starting too late even though they already knew about bitcoin and still didn't believe bitcoin at the time, I also did it but I never regretted it.
I am very sorry when I was in a hurry to sell coins that I had in the past I did not care about the price in the future, even if I keep my coins a little longer I will get a lot of profit, panic sell, yes, that is my regret when I started trading on crypto.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 04:34:55 AM

Maybe your friend already sold the btc before the price gone moon. There are several peoples that i know, have same regret with you.
Most of the earlier adopters of bitcoin were selling their btc and have no idea that the bitcoin price would skyrocketing few years later.
Chances that thing  might happened to your friend is very high, once Bitcoin got some value surely your friend already sold it as a natural act by those non believers that Bitcoin will grow up to this level, if he can afford just to have it away then it's very much easier for him to sell it all once there's already a value that he can get, the bull changed everything and regrets shouldn't hold you to continue moving forward.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 05:25:00 AM

OP's story was really unfortunate and thinking that the gut who offered him is now having a swim to a lot of money. Well, as for me it was back 2013 when they offered me an investment for crypto and that time mining is not that profitable so I pass then suddenly, when I decided to join in cryptoworld last 2017 it was late but I still believe it is not that late to join the ride. Bowever nowadays it is really hard to decide where to invest.
MisterLangley

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 05:47:55 AM

When they (friends) are busy with crypto activities, I assume they have wasted their daily time. After I learned with one of them, it turns out I am a person who does not know how to use time.
asajapheth

Activity: 76
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 06:05:36 AM

I got some BTC for free in the early days, but I didn't even take it as something important. It's not a regret though, just a lesson I learnt from. I would never look down on things that seem difficult to understand at first.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: