Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:00:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FedNow - Crypto Killer or Signs of a weakening Fed Res?  (Read 241 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HELLOFF

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 06:23:28 PM

People are not realizing that crypto is not a payment processor. They think bitcoin or crypto is just like a paypal thing where people send each other money. That is not the case at all, bitcoin is literally a currency of its own and can be used to work and get paid in salary and then buy stuff.

I literally bought my vacation from expedia in bitcoin form and haven't paid a single fiat currency for it. That is what bitcoin is. FedNow or Libra or any other stable stuff that is backed by something is just a way of sending dollars to another place with a bit more ease than what we have right now, you are still using dollars, its still fiat money, you are just using a different method of transportation for that dollar and that's it. It has nothing to do with crypto and no its not a crypto killer at all.
Perhaps I am mistaken, but the fact is that most cryptocurrency users perceive their activities as a good source of income and few perceive cryptocurrency as a means of payment.  Perhaps in the near future such projects will be created that will be used massively in society, but today, such projects as Libra, for example, face quite a lot of obstacles.  And therefore, I am once again convinced that cryptocurrency today is a very profitable asset for investment, but nothing more.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: