Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Old as Dirt means the following?
Unable to work w/o texting! - 1 (20%)
Uanble to do any Mechanical? - 0 (0%)
Don't care. Never Shown How? - 0 (0%)
Don''t care. Not Paid Anything? - 0 (0%)
Don't Care unless Bitcoin! - 2 (40%)
Don't Care unless a Quest in WoW! - 0 (0%)
Just do it to mess with old farts! - 0 (0%)
Don't Understand? Back to texting! - 0 (0%)
Dumb Poll. Goes back to sleep! - 2 (40%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Man Pondering & The End of Civilization. (Indeed!) Poll!  (Read 142 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 11:44:21 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2019, 11:56:03 PM by Searing
Merited by paxmao (10)

Things that have come to light in the last week that have tripped my Old Man Pondering Angst.

(I) This of course. (If it is Satoshi, I always knew BTC started with a bang, I'd guess it could end with a bang as well!)

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoiners-brace-for-more-performance-art-and-another-satoshi-reveal/

(II) Retirement: Or how I could get any of the previous jobs I've had back in life within a heartbeat! (Thank god I don't need too!)

(a) Pointed out inside 14-3 (15 amp) wire for use in an outside ductless A/C for house needs to be in the duct and outside graded.

Should have been 12-3 (20 amp) (underground graded) to be safe. Not just zip-tied.

(b) Went to Menard's and Home Depot and had to show 3 staff in each place what a small brass cover in plumbing looks like for an unused Refrigerator Ice Maker line/to brass plug!)

(c) Went to Menard's and Home Depot today, to find a pair of faucets for bathroom sink. Unable to find online and both groups said that the ones I had you could not replace

the leaky valve inside. (This time only a couple people in both places). Came home and found the faucets I want from their sites and compared prices and found you

can take apart my old bathroom sink faucet and replace innards. This was me looking at it. The web said zip also. Took 25 minutes. Will replace anyway, but really?

(d) Earlier in the week, was at Office Depot and helped a guy, who was having trouble with Windows 10 saying it was updated, but really was not updating.

Showed him the workaround page for windows 10.

https://www.wintips.org/fix-windows-10-update-1803-fails-to-install/

At least Office Depot had the decency of having a sign up for a job for a tech support person, at (gasp!) the amazing price

of $11.55/hr or some such! (The Midwest USA pays zip!)

So what are your stories of wandering about in this world of cluelessness?

Are you feeling old and overqualified for your current job?

Do people spend all their time on their phones texting at work/or places you shop?

Or are you like me in retirement and simply wander around tripping over stuff like this?

Post them on here and take a poll!

Dismayed I am

Brad
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 11:44:49 PM

reserved
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3196

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 07:28:31 PM

I have met many clueless old people who know nothing about wiring or plumbing. They may not text, but they sit in front of the boob tube every day for hours.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 10:14:03 PM

I have met many clueless old people who know nothing about wiring or plumbing. They may not text, but they sit in front of the boob tube every day for hours.

I was simply using them from examples from my previous jobs. I'm sure many on here remember places that cater to such as plumbers and electricians, should know

their jobs. (Menards and Home Depot and Office Max).

As to the electrical work, it was done by an electrician incorrectly. They were all 1st-month rookie mistakes at best!

I probably was not clear on. the previous jobs part, that I had in mind and posted above.

But the 'store' stuff saying they are 'supposed' experts in the various areas, should at least have some 'minimal' construction skills. Or know their areas of expertise somewhat?

One Home Depot supposed 'expert' in the plumbing department (which I assured was called there by front staff) obviously had not even stacked the shelves in that area in that

on the 2nd occasion of my group gather at Home Depot in the previous post

(before he got the rest of the group together, also clueless, said there was no way to get innards on faucets, such as gaskets.

Anyway, I was trying to point out Specific Cluelessness within supposed 'experts' and thus this thread

Brad
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 10:16:27 PM
Merited by paxmao (2)

As a further example is the 'Fake Satoshi' that is going to reveal himself in 3 days.

https://en.ethereumworldnews.com/bitcoin-community-tears-apart-satoshi-blog/

Yeah right!

I blew it off on reading the following:

Upon submission of my thesis, my university felt that the contents were too advanced for marking and I resubmitted a paper instead about a simple web portal as a dissertation project!"

Just another 'megalomaniac' scammer.

"I'll bet by the 3rd post on the 3rd day by the end of his 'musings' this "Fake Satoshi" will announce his 'retirement' from this cruel world who doubts him and be 'forced' to keep

his anonymity again.

When doing a 'scam' always have an 'in' and always have the 'supposed' 'out' with your scam.

Next, the 'copy-cats' with another scam something like, we will have some supposed woman state,

within the pages of the National, Enquirer claiming 'tearfully': "I had Satoshi's love child and Elvis was at the wedding!"

"He left me for another and I'm now living in a Trailer Park, eating dog food!" "It's the truth!"

This kinda "I am Satoshi" garbage/scams are only going to get more nuts as time goes on.

Again, remember my 'out' above. He will have a way to fade back into being anonymous by the end of his 3rd rant and will blame the world. Bet on it"

sheesh

I'm sure I'll find more 'old man rants'.

Be sure to add your own, be specific to stuff people in positions of expertise or whatever 'should' know.

or just 'out and out' scams people should know are scams. The usual old man rants you hear! "In my day...etc)

Brad
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 09:26:59 AM

How old is old?

Most of the recent crop in society doesn't understand economics or politics, can't speak English, and falters with basic arithmetic.  Many of them even call it "math", which assumed they consider there is only one discipline in mathematics.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3196

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 09:48:30 AM

Many of them even call it "math", which assumed they consider there is only one discipline in mathematics.

In the U.S. and Canada, it is called "math". "maths" is the British variation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: