Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:24:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Sold 2BTC at $3,000 and BTC Bumped to $10,000  (Read 1695 times)
Sohyun Park

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:17:57 AM

We are earning, working to get a better living. If at the time we need the earning if we are not using it then what is the use of that struggle. I completely stand by you in that decision. Even if I was in your position I would have liquidated my funds to get my family safer. There is always a second chance thus, you can buy bitcoin again and trader or just hold and sell at higher rates.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:22:52 AM

In my experience, I sold BTC1.40 around last December and I know that it was devastating to see what bitcoin is worth now. We did the same thing because no one could even assure us that it could go up after dropping from $6k and a crippling long period of bear market. It is not really funny when fate plays your life. No one saw it coming and now I am full of regret.
dantee1 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 31

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:07:58 PM

In my experience, I sold BTC1.40 around last December and I know that it was devastating to see what bitcoin is worth now. We did the same thing because no one could even assure us that it could go up after dropping from $6k and a crippling long period of bear market. It is not really funny when fate plays your life. No one saw it coming and now I am full of regret.

I understands your pain brother. Life can be so cruel sometimes and you should take solace in my own example, you're never alone in this. Countless of people have done the same thing. No one of us can predict the future no matter how hard we try. That's why we experience something like this all the time.
lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 05:12:38 PM

At least it isn't as bad as my sale.

I sold 600 bitcoins for $2 each  Cheesy

But then again, we all have our moments like the person that traded 10,000 bitcoins for two Papa John's pizzas

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:23:50 PM

The beauty and chaos of cryptocurrencies revolve around its high-volatility and unpredictability. No person, no matter how talented or smart he is, may be able to accurately predict the price of bitcoin in the market. Although there are instruments, data, and research that may be able to predict the trend, it is still relatively different from knowing the future price.

On your experience, unfortunately, the price of bitcoin skyrocketed after you sold 2 of your btcs. I am very sorry to hear but no one really knows how the machinery works accurately. Use this experience and learn from the lesson to at least save a portion of your BTCs for investment purposes.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dantee1 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:26:24 PM

At least it isn't as bad as my sale.

I sold 600 bitcoins for $2 each  Cheesy

But then again, we all have our moments like the person that traded 10,000 bitcoins for two Papa John's pizzas

Now, these are the real pain in the ass. Remembering this everyday is enough to cause some problems. BTC600 = $6,000,000+ in today's market, enough to retired and live happily ever after. And BTC10,000 is the worst I ever heard of. I hope the person is still alive?
dantee1 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 08:22:03 PM

The beauty and chaos of cryptocurrencies revolve around its high-volatility and unpredictability. No person, no matter how talented or smart he is, may be able to accurately predict the price of bitcoin in the market. Although there are instruments, data, and research that may be able to predict the trend, it is still relatively different from knowing the future price.

On your experience, unfortunately, the price of bitcoin skyrocketed after you sold 2 of your btcs. I am very sorry to hear but no one really knows how the machinery works accurately. Use this experience and learn from the lesson to at least save a portion of your BTCs for investment purposes.

I just wish there will be a lot more activities with Bitcoin rather than hodl. Gambling is doing so much to encourage the adoption and usage
mohdk52

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 11:54:58 AM

Unfortunately, that means you can't wait. But this is one of the most important qualities in bitcoin trading
Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 12:47:37 PM

Unfortunately we have the same story. But i sold mine with x4 profit so not bad at all on my side. No one knew that Bitcoin will ever take peak. So take it as a lesson, Weak hands will never win the battle lol
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 02:30:35 PM

Unfortunately we have the same story. But i sold mine with x4 profit so not bad at all on my side. No one knew that Bitcoin will ever take peak. So take it as a lesson, Weak hands will never win the battle lol
There is some analyst for you to know that bitcoin price will increase. Just take a look at the history of it, and find some reasons who made its price went up then you will know bitcoin price will increase and you will sell at the peak. Also, don't use your greedy thing to control yourself, if you have got a profit and you have satisfied then sell it quickly, just remember bitcoin price is so volatile. I guess the price of bitcoin will increase again in a few months a head. Moreover the halving event is the most important thing that should be known by all investors. With this way you will get profit at the end and now this is a good time to start again.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 02:49:13 PM

There is some analyst for you to know that bitcoin price will increase. Just take a look at the history of it, and find some reasons who made its price went up then you will know bitcoin price will increase and you will sell at the peak. Also, don't use your greedy thing to control yourself, if you have got a profit and you have satisfied then sell it quickly, just remember bitcoin price is so volatile. I guess the price of bitcoin will increase again in a few months a head. Moreover the halving event is the most important thing that should be known by all investors. With this way you will get profit at the end and now this is a good time to start again.
The volatile market gives investors a good chance to earn even though you don't realize the previous mistakes that you have done. There's still a high chance to recover and start a new investment plans. You just need to be optimistic and not greedy to avoid another mistake on deciding to whatever directions you'll take your investment  venture.

Most of the time, it's happened to many people around learning from past experiences with much higher appreciations of the situations, then take the advantage.
milandres0207

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 03:33:56 PM

Well, don't blame yourself for selling your bitcoin at low price. Because by that you need a financial assistance and bitcoin was gave a big helped to you during that time. That's part of your experienced to become successful here in this field of business as well. Besides, there are still more time for you to buy bitcoin at low price then hold in a long term as well.
dessyhodin97

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 03:35:05 PM

btc is something that would stay for a long time. so there shouldnt really be much of a panic if price goes down,it will also come up again.it all depends on patience to hold.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 03:41:09 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I got the 2BTC from a business deal around January this year. I knew that Bitcoin was going to bump anytime soon but still went ahead to sell at $3,000+ each. Why did I sell at such a ridiculously low rate when I could have gotten x3 of the value if I waited for few more months?

I was away in Dubai for work while my family were staying back home in my country. They were 100% dependent on me for food and sustenance. Allowing the BTC to sit in my wallet while my family suffers was not an option. So, I decided to sell and solve my immediate problems, to feed and cater for them. Did I make the wrong or right decision?

Well, no doubt I would have gotten $20,000+ if I retained the coin till now, but what if my family died of hunger? Money is as good as the problem it's able to solve. That's the lesson I want everyone to learn this. Very too often, I see people advising not to sell your Bitcoin, that you will gain more if you hold on and sell at later times. While that may be true, you still need to understand that Bitcoin is supposed to be money, not investment asset. It is meant to be spent on daily basis, to solve problems, and to be in constant circulation.

The idea of hoarding Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies, waiting to sell at later times for higher returns is the reason Crypto is slow to adoption in mainstream transactions. Anyone who gets it try to hold on to it, as long as possible, thereby depriving the market the needed circulation to keep the currency viable and acceptable.

I once heard of a man who had Bitcoin and was sick. People advised him to sell and get the needed cure but he decided to endure the sickness and wait until the price goes up. He died of the illness and the Bitcoin was rendered useless, with no one having access to it.  

Have you ever sold your BTC at low rate and it later bumped and you were regretting...?

Just understand that there is hardly a better time to sell your Bitcoin. Anytime you sell (at any amount) is a better time, provided you use the money wisely.

I'm a breadwinner also and I know where you're coming from. 1st quarter of 2018, I have more than $20,000 worth of coins. My grandmother got sick and my auntie lost most of her savings due to a failed business. They are the ones who raised me and my siblings when I was young because my mother had a mental sickness and my father is one of those what I called "SPERM DONOR". As a sign of indebtedness to my auntie and grandmother, I decided to sell my coins eventhough I knew that it can reach a higher value in the future. For some people, they might think that it was a wrong decision but for people like us, it was one of the best decisions we ever made. There is nothng more happier for us breadwinner for the joy and satisfaction that we can provide for our family and loved ones. We can always gain money but feeling that we provide happiness to our family is priceless. I salute you for what you did!
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 04:12:48 PM

I'm a breadwinner also and I know where you're coming from. 1st quarter of 2018, I have more than $20,000 worth of coins. My grandmother got sick and my auntie lost most of her savings due to a failed business. They are the ones who raised me and my siblings when I was young because my mother had a mental sickness and my father is one of those what I called "SPERM DONOR". As a sign of indebtedness to my auntie and grandmother, I decided to sell my coins eventhough I knew that it can reach a higher value in the future. For some people, they might think that it was a wrong decision but for people like us, it was one of the best decisions we ever made. There is nothng more happier for us breadwinner for the joy and satisfaction that we can provide for our family and loved ones. We can always gain money but feeling that we provide happiness to our family is priceless. I salute you for what you did!

Thank you brother. I salute you too for what you did, and for the candid perspective. You are a huge asset to your family and will forever be valuable to them. You did the right thing too, especially by remembering what they did for you in the past and helping them in return.

That is one reason why I believe it is difficult to hold bitcoins for a longer period of time especially for the middle and lower class people. They have to cash out in emergency situations.

I definitely recommend people not to keep their Bitcoin in case of a situation like you were in. If you wouldn't sell your Bitcoin, your family would be in a very bad condition and you would have a very hard time to fix that problem.

Very few people give priority to the people over money and I am happy such people do exists in the world.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 11:30:33 PM

I hate when you know something bad will happen and cannot prevent it. You know the price would drop and when it did you did not want to sell since you knew it would go up. I wish it was the other way around and you had plenty of fiat. When you believe that much the price will go up then you invest all that fiat you would have gained so much profit. I find it hard not to beat myself up for that but you never know what life will bring. The fact that there are such few opportunities when you can be so sure of something happening but being powerless to do so is so annoying.
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 03:02:24 AM

You are right mate. We shouldn't invest all of our savings in Bitcoin, and we shouldn't hold all the time. Wise people always suggest 'Invest what you can afford to lose" I faced the same situation at the beginning of this year. Holding cryptocurrency is a very good decision because BTC has great potential to be a 20-50K USD valued coin. But if you need money badly, you may sell! Selling crypto for family/personal needs is not a bad idea, rather it is the right path!

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit