Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:06:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Access wallet addresses easily, without storing private keys or security phrases  (Read 299 times)
alexnambawan

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 02:02:48 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of that one person who's device was stolen, or their computer was hacked, stealing wallet addresses, private keys, and even security phrases. Well, that happened to me after someone broke into my hotel room and stole my work laptop.  Fortunately, before they could figure out how to withdraw the funds out of my wallets, I was able to extract the funds and send them to entirely new address, but the difficult part of this was remembering the addresses.  Storing the addresses seemed unlikely, since other secure information would also be stored in the same location.  All I really wanted to was keep an address book to help pay certain vendors and also make deposits into my own accounts.

I'm not sure why, but most wallets do not have an address feature.  Having a one stop shop for all your wallets just make the entire use case easier, and I believe it's that would help attract new crypto users to support the industry and it's movement.  An address book like Digital Names saved me a lot of time to pull up saved files and find the needed address.  Oh, and this is not limited to one specific blockchain, so you can have different wallet address like BTC, ETH, STEEM, ETC, and so on...
I don't know but I find this somehow helpful. Since I've already seen a lot of thread here in the forum crying for help because of this issue. It's really frustrating to lose bitcoin with this kind of mistake. We've all worked hard for it and in a snap, just because of one mistake,  everything could possibly disappear. I'm positive about this since I'm also afraid of losing my funds but I still need to research more information regarding this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bru_tus

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 02:07:46 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of that one person who's device was stolen, or their computer was hacked, stealing wallet addresses, private keys, and even security phrases. Well, that happened to me after someone broke into my hotel room and stole my work laptop.  Fortunately, before they could figure out how to withdraw the funds out of my wallets, I was able to extract the funds and send them to entirely new address, but the difficult part of this was remembering the addresses.  Storing the addresses seemed unlikely, since other secure information would also be stored in the same location.  All I really wanted to was keep an address book to help pay certain vendors and also make deposits into my own accounts.

I'm not sure why, but most wallets do not have an address feature.  Having a one stop shop for all your wallets just make the entire use case easier, and I believe it's that would help attract new crypto users to support the industry and it's movement.  An address book like Digital Names saved me a lot of time to pull up saved files and find the needed address.  Oh, and this is not limited to one specific blockchain, so you can have different wallet address like BTC, ETH, STEEM, ETC, and so on...
This might be the start. In exchanges, many issues are being encountered when it comes with private keys. Good thing that this platform came which gives total convenience to its user by providing a more simple platform and yet with additional security , above all these, smoother transactions. Digital Names is really something to commend.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 03:25:48 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of that one person who's device was stolen, or their computer was hacked, stealing wallet addresses, private keys, and even security phrases. Well, that happened to me after someone broke into my hotel room and stole my work laptop.  Fortunately, before they could figure out how to withdraw the funds out of my wallets, I was able to extract the funds and send them to entirely new address, but the difficult part of this was remembering the addresses.  Storing the addresses seemed unlikely, since other secure information would also be stored in the same location.  All I really wanted to was keep an address book to help pay certain vendors and also make deposits into my own accounts.

I'm not sure why, but most wallets do not have an address feature.  Having a one stop shop for all your wallets just make the entire use case easier, and I believe it's that would help attract new crypto users to support the industry and it's movement.  An address book like Digital Names saved me a lot of time to pull up saved files and find the needed address.  Oh, and this is not limited to one specific blockchain, so you can have different wallet address like BTC, ETH, STEEM, ETC, and so on...

Use Digital names, because it helps you to easy remember your aliases in public addresses. It will help you to any transaction to easily pay someone using your account. It will also help you to secure your wallet address to prevent loss. Digital names will help you personally to make faster and quality transactions anytime.
trojanx23

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 03:54:28 PM

I think using the project that you have mentioned would be very helpful for every crypto users because it can saved lot of time for not entering long and complicated addresses. Good thing that they created a technology that could make your wallet address be more simpler, easy to memorize, easy to understand.
GlobalMilk99

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 04:00:29 PM

I'm having the same problem with my address but thank you for this wallet its more safer and my coins are secured. I can also hold various different wallet chains.
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 05:49:43 AM

Use Digital names, because it helps you to easy remember your aliases in public addresses. It will help you to any transaction to easily pay someone using your account. It will also help you to secure your wallet address to prevent loss. Digital names will help you personally to make faster and quality transactions anytime.
Single crypto wallet must have a complex system behind, but once it work it would be really helpful especially for traders to avoid error while sending funds. Having digital name in crypto space is like having your own profile on facebook or twitter, they can imitate you but they can't duplicate you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: