Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:13:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-08-08] Blockstream Reveals Massive Bitcoin Mining Facilities  (Read 375 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 09:18:20 PM

Huh there's no good reason why not (there aren't even any bad reasons as of yet)
You seem to be more optimistic than I am. I just get the impression that the developers are too conservative and think that we shouldn't implement things that are new because who knows what effect it will have on Bitcoin.

If you're completely honest and take off your perma bull cap, how long do you think it will take before we see taproot and Schnorr signatures implemented?

Lightning/segwit are not 10 years old, what are you talking about? Huh
I was referring to how after nearly a decade we so far have only had SegWit and LN as scalability/upgrades. That's what I consider a poor show. Not even a block size increase. This isn't what I consider progress.

The on-chain transaction throughput is capped at ~400k transactions on average with SegWit not gaining more adoption.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 12:08:52 AM

People may not be realistic in the sense that they expect Bitcoin to absorb every single gimmicky characteristic of an altcoin that they deem "useful", but I don't see why it won't be able to have a feature integrated if it really adds something to Bitcoin that we don't already have and makes it even better.

If it requires a hard fork then it's not going to happen no matter what. The only circumstances I can see one happening now is pure life or death. Anything beneath that will result in nothing but deadlock.

Hopefully upper layers will offer the opportunity to integrate anything properly promising.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 11:23:07 PM

Huh there's no good reason why not (there aren't even any bad reasons as of yet)
You seem to be more optimistic than I am. I just get the impression that the developers are too conservative and think that we shouldn't implement things that are new because who knows what effect it will have on Bitcoin.

If you're completely honest and take off your perma bull cap, how long do you think it will take before we see taproot and Schnorr signatures implemented?

devs are genuinely accomplished computer scientists. you're in no position to be questioning their planning when...

after nearly a decade we so far have only had SegWit and LN as scalability/upgrades. That's what I consider a poor show. Not even a block size increase. This isn't what I consider progress.

The on-chain transaction throughput is capped at ~400k transactions on average with SegWit not gaining more adoption.

...all wrong. everything you've written above is incorrect

you cannot get basic facts correct, why place any importance on your badly informed pessimism

People may not be realistic in the sense that they expect Bitcoin to absorb every single gimmicky characteristic of an altcoin that they deem "useful", but I don't see why it won't be able to have a feature integrated if it really adds something to Bitcoin that we don't already have and makes it even better.

If it requires a hard fork then it's not going to happen no matter what.

if any fork is significantly better than what it forks from, it will become the dominant fork

maybe you can't imagine the added features that a hardfork could use to outcompete it's parent chain. that doesn't mean someone else can't. this is no different to those people who say (well, complain) that "everything has already been invented", it's a form of jealousy/contempt really. you could invent things yourself. but you just don't want to. don't be a hater.

Vires in numeris
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 01:01:13 AM

Lightning/segwit are not 10 years old, what are you talking about? Huh
I was referring to how after nearly a decade we so far have only had SegWit and LN as scalability/upgrades. That's what I consider a poor show. Not even a block size increase. This isn't what I consider progress.

However, also consider what the other projects are doing on scaling their own cryptocoins. Most of the altcoins also have nothing working.

Scaling blockchains might be harder than everyone first thought or also maybe impossible.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2019, 07:48:03 PM

Muh, miners are the evil guys for centralization...

Lol, are they running full nodes = mining nodes finally?

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: