Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:18:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your favorite trading movies?  (Read 271 times)
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 04:14:20 PM

Does anybody have any awesome movie recommendations related to trading? These are the ones I've watched and really enjoyed

Trading Places
Wall Street & Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
Boiler Room
Rogue Trader
Trader (Paul Tudor Jones)
The Big Short
The Wolf of Wall Street

I think I've watched each one at least three times! if you have any others you suggest please let me know!
Your list pretty much sums all the movies ever made on stock markets. I would like to add another movie which is "Margin Call" to this list. Even if this is a lot just like the Big short but pretty much different as the person finds the crash coming by seeing the charts. I love the big short too the way they have explained the Big Housing Bubble and the derivative contracts created upon that is really impressive. Moreover how the world was too blind to notice pretty much speaks about the reality.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 07:40:11 AM

Does anybody have any awesome movie recommendations related to trading? These are the ones I've watched and really enjoyed

Trading Places
Boiler Room
Rogue Trader
The Big Short
The Wolf of Wall Street

I think I've watched each one at least three times! if you have any others you suggest please let me know!
Wolf of wall street is one my favorite movies, which they make money that are worth of million of dollars by defrauding wealthy investors out of millions, that is why i already watched it more than 3 times. Honestly, this is the only movie that i have watched that are related to trading because most movies that i watched are related to gambling movies.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 08:05:42 AM

Wolf of wall street will always be my favourite not only for trading movie, but also my favourite movie  Grin
So much that we can learn from the film to our life, we have to careful about money because that can blind us. We sacrificed our marriage life, family, social life. "Staying consistent with your lifetime values, no matter what, is a truer base for success and happiness."
Great job from leonardo de caprio for playing it so good.
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:15:18 PM

This is the only movie I watched listed by OP The Wolf of Wall Street, Been busy reading crypto news and doing works, I guess I should get inspiration in those movies to be influenced to trade more since I only trade once or twice a week sometimes a month depending on Market situation, it just that I lose interest whenever the trade I chose went wrong so I make sure that the market is quite good before trading.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:17:58 PM

Trading Places
Boiler Room
Rogue Trader
The Big Short
The Wolf of Wall Street

I haven't watch any movies from this list yet. I can't also remember if I have already watch a trading movies but I would love to try these movies from your list if I have given a chance and time. Seriously, I'll try to watch these movies if I have free time. Do you have any suggestions what to watch first? Or the best among those lists? So I can know what to watch first? I don't wanna start with a movie that isn't that interesting cause it'll probably affect my whole mood watching movies related to trading.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 01:57:40 PM

i've watched some of those movies but if its all about just trading and making money it gets boring to watch without action. pelham 123 movie is a package where there is drama, action and thrill. its about a forex who has positioned to short USD as he plans to disturb the economy by taking over a train. he hits 2 birds with one stone by shorting and then also claiming ransom from the government who negotiate with him to stop the train. one notable movie also is the money monster.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
TGA24 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 01:30:49 AM

Thats a great list and have personally watched more than half of those, my favourite being the big short. However, if you'll indulge me I'd like to add one more, not a movie, but a very provocative and interesting series about trading called, BILLIONS. It stars Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis!

I love how trading movies inspire to trade your trading game to the next level!

Billions is awesome! I was hooked on that show from the first episode where the Axelrod spotted a big trade that went through during lunchtime and then decides to reverse the trade call. It's gotten a bit more dramatic as the seasons have gone on and has less to do with trading as time passes but still love the show. Can't wait for the new season!
TGA24 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 01:40:40 AM

I haven't watch any movies from this list yet. I can't also remember if I have already watch a trading movies but I would love to try these movies from your list if I have given a chance and time. Seriously, I'll try to watch these movies if I have free time. Do you have any suggestions what to watch first? Or the best among those lists? So I can know what to watch first? I don't wanna start with a movie that isn't that interesting cause it'll probably affect my whole mood watching movies related to trading.

I can certainly recommend what to watch for. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.
Trader (Paul Tudor Jones) for example is a documentary. It's a real life look at one of the well known traders in his early days. To some though, it might be boring. But if you love all things trading it might just be the best one the list.

Other movies like The Wolf of Wall Street have very little to do with actual trading and is more entertainment than anything. And then Trading places, although an old movie is a great comedy. And then you have the Big Short, which is entertaining but also based on a very important time in the markets/economy in the US.

Let me know what you're into and I'll be happy to give some suggestions.  More than anything, this is just for fun. I don't necessarily think anything can be learned from these. Just putting it out there for those that love trading as much as I do.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: