Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:49:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe stolen funds should be returned to their owner?  (Read 541 times)
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 03:06:37 PM

Mostly stolen funds will not be returned to the owner. Maybe the owner of the exchange that has been hacked will give you a small refund. I have experience that my funds was stole but even now there is no refund back. They stole your funds because they want, not for giving back your funds.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maestro75

Activity: 1918
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 09:39:30 AM

Base on simple morality, I'd agree that stolen funds should be returned to the owners. With the rate of thefts in the cryptosphere, security agencies would be interested in tracking these funds. Many crypto users do not like the idea of regulation - I don't too, but this is one of the problems regulation tend solve. We don't have to be nonchalant since we haven't lost any funds to these thefts.

It is doubtful if anyone who steals in the first place would want to return it because they already plan it. Why steal if they have morality.  Except the thief is forced by law to return the loot they will not return it. This is simple maths.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 12:58:44 PM

Over $4 billion has been stolen or laundered in the first six months of 2019! This interview with CipherTrace CEO Dave Jevans is really interesting regarding details of the lost and stolen funds.

I was surprised to see that ransomware and scams are some of the biggest points of money loss over exchange hacks.

Worth while interview to watch and join in the conversation of what should happen to stolen funds. Do you get them returned  or in a decentralized system are they lost forever?

https://blocktv.com/watch/2019-08-22/5d5ea9e847c19-scams-hacks-ransomware-run-amok-in-the-cryptosphere

It depends on where the stolen funds were stolen. If they were stolen under the care of third-parties platforms such as cryptocurrency exchanges or other centralized platforms then the platforms have to compensate their customers. If they were stolen directly from the owners then the coins would be considered lost forever if the thieves are not found.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 01:01:53 PM

Who would’nt like to take money of yours that was stolen? The point is how would it will happen to return to their owner. The most case these days the stolen funds could’nt return because in the first place it is there motive plans to hack money from others.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 01:25:57 PM

If the funds aren't be returned to the user, where did the funds go? Government? Police? Or something else who didn't have a right to owned them?

Just returned the funds because it will be something usefull in the future in order to the newcomer who still have a doubt to start investing on cryptocurrency will have a convince that the money will be back again if there is something bad happened. I'm not a lawyer who have an understanding against it, but it is just my perspective as the user.
btcholder

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 04:20:57 PM

Over $4 billion has been stolen or laundered in the first six months of 2019! This interview with CipherTrace CEO Dave Jevans is really interesting regarding details of the lost and stolen funds.

I was surprised to see that ransomware and scams are some of the biggest points of money loss over exchange hacks.

Worth while interview to watch and join in the conversation of what should happen to stolen funds. Do you get them returned  or in a decentralized system are they lost forever?

https://blocktv.com/watch/2019-08-22/5d5ea9e847c19-scams-hacks-ransomware-run-amok-in-the-cryptosphere

Are you really serious..? You think they stole your money for giving you back. I have who lost her all of token by hacking some stupid person. That was almost two years ago. She told them to return it because those coins/tokens are last hope for change her crises life. They didn't so it's better that not hopping to much from scammers. And we should work for that point because nobody want lose their money.

Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 05:23:27 PM

Do you believe they will give it back.
I mean one by one literally checking what IP they are using and pinpoint who is it.
Some users of that exchange wont care anymore. Even if those are just .01 bitcoin. They should matter right?

But that wont happen. They will just go to court, face the issue and maybe pay the fine that is needed without even some jail time.
Let us face it, there have been a lot of hacks and scams and still we dont see anyone paid that large to jail or any way possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: