Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2019, 09:27:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah! I am out of sMerits as usual: Merit source application @theymos  (Read 681 times)
Royse777

Activity: 784
Merit: 953

On SALE: https://bit.ly/33avSYu

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 01:52:18 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2019, 04:33:02 PM by Royse777
Merited by Stedsm (10), TMAN (10), Juggy777 (7), Welsh (5), erikalui (4), The Pharmacist (4), LoyceV (4), OgNasty (2), bones261 (2), romero121 (2), finaleshot2016 (2), malevolent (1), Daniel91 (1), Lucius (1), Haunebu (1), marlboroza (1), bill gator (1), Pffrt (1), o_e_l_e_o (1), 1miau (1), PrimeNumber7 (1)

Finally I have decided to ask for it :-P

I spend good amount of time in the forum especially in the Gambling discussion, Bitcoin Technical Support, Development & Technical Discussion, Electrum, Hardware wallets and not the last, Reputation section. I may not post in other boards frequently but I do have activities on other boards too. I stumble upon good posts every day but I can not reward them because most of the time, I am out of sMerits.

I like to inspire users with merit when I see good posts. When I see them active and are trying hard to give something to the community, I go extra miles and try sending more merits so that they can rank up. I believe forum needs active users who love the community and unconditionally (sig pays a bit whoever is wearing) is giving their time. Not everyone is good poster but that does not mean a bad poster (who try to improve their posting skills) do not deserve recognition? So, sometimes I even give merits to those bad posters too when I see them giving their best to give something to the community. I think it's just me. Different people have different point of view when they send out sMerits.

Back to the beginning, @theymos - Can I be a merit source?

Here are 10 posts I think worth giving merit as the requirements (I may change them time to time):

1. Replaced#2 (please refer to the next post for log)
First of all, I believe that for serious offenses such as scams etc. we should have a way to exclude such members from the forum.
But, what about some other, no so clear cases like plagiarism?
I think we could already see different standards for solving this problem in the forum so far.
Some cases are resolved very quickly and easily, even in a few days or hours but some other cases have not been resolved in months, without clear reasons.
Shouldn't there be equal criteria for everyone?
This way, some of the more famous members seem to have different treatment than some of the lesser known and prominent members of this forum.
In this way, there seems to be no clear and verifiable criteria for dealing with such cases, what is not good, in my opinion.
I think it is forgotten here that there are members who mainly write in local forums because of their poor knowledge of English but the are very important for their local communities.
Does that make them less valuable to the whole btc community?
I believe not.
I think, as a btc community, we should show a greater level of transparency and have equal approach to all members, regardless of their global popularity in the forum.
Great example is here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5097792.0

I believe that you and other admins put this topic on ignore list and one of the reason is probably because RegulusHr, as merit source, received an increase in the number of available merits just day before he received permaban.
I believe this could have been a big and serious reason to punish him and to do it harshly, and put him on a special black list for members for whom there is no forgiveness.
However, I think this topic has shown a lot of interest from the local community in this case, and that the local community has clearly shown a desire to bring this user back.
I think this case has also shown that we need small changes in the procedures for dealing with cases like this.
I know that it is not realistic to offer everyone a permaban forgiveness and that there are too many such cases on the forum.
I suggest the following:
1.   If there is a clear interest from a local or global community to forgive a permaban for some user (voting for example, if more than 20 members support the removal of permaban
2.   If at least 6 months have passed since permaban
3.   Just in case of plagiarism
4.   If there were no other bans before
5.   If the user apologized and admitted his mistake

then I suggest that the admins consider the case and if all the criteria are met, remove permaban, with some possible additional restrictions on the forum as a prohibition on using the signature, sending private messages etc.
This way we would have a much greater transparency in dealing with cases like this, and also the interest of the local or global community would be satisfied.

Of course, this is not only a proposal for 1 user but for anyone who meets the suggested criteria.
I mentioned him because I know this case the best and it was inspiration to write this suggestion.
I think that many other users will benefit from this.

2. Replaced #2 (please refer to the next post for log)
User Pffrt asked for "the number of active users within the last 24 hours along with the rank". I like it, and made an overview.
I'm keeping a "running total" for posts made in the past hour/day/week. This can be used to find the worst spammers of the day by checking a few of the top posters.

Active users and top posters in the past 1h, 24h and 7d
Active users and top posters in the past 1 hour: loyce.club/active/1h.html (updated 10 times per hour).
Active users and top posters in the past 24 hours: loyce.club/active (updated 6 times per day).
Active users and top posters in the past 7 days: loyce.club/active/7d.html (updated 3 times per day).

Preview
Image loading...

To reduce forum scraping, I cache Rank data for the last 10,000 unique users. I'll check later if this value gives the right balance between scraping and staying up-to-date (alternative: abandon data on x Ranks each update).

Limitations
I can't scrape the real rank for Copper Members from their profile, so they have their own category.
I don't count non-public boards (such as Investigations.
I don't show data older than 7 days.
It's currently running for only 8 hours. It will take up to a week to show it's full potential.

Bugs?
I haven't been able to test this long enough yet, so please post if something fails.

3. Replaced #2 (please refer to the next post for log)
Every time I try to send bitcoins out of my electrum wallet it gives a security alert which is much like phishing scams I have seen.  I tried deleting the wallet and starting over but it is still there.  Please help my coins are stuck in this no mans land

Last time I've checked Tails it had indeed an outdated Electrum. And Electrum older than 3.3.4 should not be used.

If you want to use it on Tails, you should install a new one onto Tails' (persistent) storage. This explanation was helpful to me first time: https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum-docs/blob/master/tails.rst
One thing is that if you install new Electrum, it will be in a new location, probably on persistent storage. Then you will have to always start up that app image (not the old link)
And I couldn't find a good solution to keep the seed / wallet persistent (but I didn't try too hard either).

I also tried this tutorial, which should be extra detailed, but I guess I've done something wrong. If you are familiar with Linux, maybe it can give you some info though. It's for 3.3.4, but I guess that there's no difference in the steps for the latest Electrum.

Alternatively you can use tails without internet and use the old wallet as cold storage, only to sign transactions. And the transactions will be built with a watch-only wallet. But that may need more reading.

4. Replaced #2 (please refer to the next post for log)
IF you have a new mac, and downloaded electrum again, you either had to move your wallet files, or restore your wallet from the seed phrase. If you just downloaded electrum on a new system and ran electrum for the first time, electrum will probably have generated a brand new wallet (just an educated guess).

• Just go to View => Show addresses
  • A new Addresses-tab should appear, open it...
  • right click the first address => copy address (or go straight to "view on block explorer", the downside to this method is that you'll be more or less bound to the block explorer that's defined in your general preferences)
  • If you copied the address instead of directly going to "view on block explorer" open your web browser, either search for "bitcoin block explorer", or just surf to blockchain.info or blockexplorer.com, paste the copied address and search
  • repeat for the next couple of addresses
  • maybe try a different online bockexplorer just to be sure

If no block explorer finds any history for the first couple of addresses, it's RELATIVELY safe to assume you just created an empty wallet...

5. Replaced (please refer to the next post for log)
Welcome to my thread, I'll be putting some emphasis on not trusting an exchange to prevent you from investing in scam projects that'll surely result to you losing your funds. Exchanges {most especially centralized ones) have slowly won the trust of member newbies, they now relay solely on these exchange listing decisions to make conclusion on which projects aren't or are scam, basing their judgement on just the tradable privilege of the tokens. Without further researches, newbies now come to a conclusion, "If a coin is listed on an exchange (most especially reputed ones), The project isn't a scam and such project is worth their investment either through trading or holding" and this shouldn't be the case. We have incidents in the past and we'll have move in the future involving exchanges listing worthless scam related tokens either knowingly or unknowingly. The big reputed exchanges are also guilty of this crime therefore, trust no exchange.

Most (if not all) exchange aren't interested in the safety of your funds as you assume, they're only after their profit, don't relay on just the fact a project's coin or token is tradable that make it a legitimate project to invest in. Learn to carryout more research, don't put your trust on exchange to prevent you from losing your funds to scam projects.

Some of the useful links to carrying out this research includes;

Use this link above and Google is always at your service for more research. Thank you for your time.

6. Replaced (please refer to the next post for log)
Anyway, now things are looking in favor of England and if they do manage a win then English supporters will remember it for long time also I will have a successful 3 fold tip (if India or NZ does not slip of course) :-D

No doubt about that and they have every reason to remember this game for ages, they never chased down the target this big successfully in the 4th inning in their Cricket history.

Plus, There are only 3 successful chase of more than 300 runs in  Headingley,Leeds's history. highest run chase in Leeds belongs to Austraila and Bradman scored 173 in that match, he was unbeaten in the end.

Highest run chase in Leeds

• 1948 Australia Won against England 404/3
  • 2017 West Indies Won Against England 322/5
  • 2001 Australia Won Against England 315/4

This time England is Chasing against Australia. target 359 runs and they are at 238/4, need only 121 runs, let's see if they can make history here.

7. Replaced (please refer to the next post for log)
No one has mentioned it yet but I think this is very important. Do not write out your phrase words. Print them out offline. This reduced human error to 0. Make more then one copy and keep one in the safe and give another to a family member that lives out of your house just incase, say idk your house burns down one day? Think of it as insurance. Remeber there is no authority with crypto. You are in control. If something goes wrong it is your fault. So do not give yourself any room for error.

If you do decide to backup your wallet file which I recommend. Please encrypt them. You can easily do this using the free program 7zip. You simply click the toggle box to add a password and the encryption.
Don't keep only one copy of the wallet file. Keep multiple. Devices can fail and things go wrong so one day your usb hdd might not work and it has your backup on? There is a problem.
If you worried about safety having many backups all over the pc don't be. You are much more likely to lock yourself out your own wallet than to be hacked.

One more thing. If you copy and paste your privatekey just remember it will still remain in your clipboard. This is bad... You need to delete it from the clipboard. There is software for this too.

The ultimate way to backup things is a separate offline device. Your biggest protection against loss is your own head so use it. Think before you click on things and know what you are doing. Be aware. Antivirus and all this other protection is nice for scanning and stuff but really the best protection is you, yourself.

8. Replaced (please refer to the next post for log)
-snip- ...or the electrum team are willing to help
"Electrum team" won't be able to help you directly on recovering your wallet, all they can do is to inform you about the possible options.
They don't have access to your private keys, wallet files or even public keys.

I've never used 2FA on Electrum, but doesn't this make 2FA totally worthless?
Also, I never used 2FA on Electrum.
Question so how to safe them?
-snip-
That's not what she meant,
The problem is: if someone got access to the wallet file and its passphrase, he can just extract the SEED from it and restore into a 2FA disabled wallet; the 2FA Authenticator app wont be even needed by the culprit to steal the funds in it.

AFAK, "Wallet->SEED" should be grayed out for F2A wallets and will only be available if user disabled 2FA.
OP has multiple wallet files, let's wait for his reply.

9. Replaced (please refer to the next post for log)
snip
There's only 4 successful chase of 300+ scores in Ashes history.

In 1948, 404, chased by Australia.
In 1928/29, 332 chased by England.
In 1902/02, 315 chased by Australia.
In 2001, 315 chased by England.

If England chase this time, it will be 2nd highest chase in Ashes history, highest for England. Guess what, in our era, it happened only 1 time which I didn't watch even. Another history we will be witnessed.

Source- Ashes Highest Totals Chased

10. Replaced (please refer to the next post for log)
NEWBIES - READ BEFORE USING EXCHANGES OR INVESTING

People say:
"Not your keys, not your bitcoin"
"Not your keys, not your crypto"

This is true not only for bitcoin, but also right for altcoins.

From that, I will give you some points, that will play vital roles to keep you safe in crypto.

[1] Don't store your coins on exchanges for too long. It is the most stupid mistake
[2] Don't use wallets that you don't have full control of wallet's private keys.
[3] Do your own research on your interest coins, to find out about their wallets, and choose best ones in case you buy them and withdraw coins from exchanges
[4] Read tutorials on how to verify wallet (if possible), backup seeds, private keys, wallet backup; and steps to recover wallets
[5] Testing seeds, private keys, wallet backup first, and only deposit money in those wallets when testing results are good
[6] Don't use masternode / shared masternode hosting services
[7] Don't store your coins on mixing service platforms for too long. Withdraw them immediately after mixing process finished
[8] Check KYC requirements on exchanges that you have plans to buy coins on their platforms

[1] Don't store your coins on exchanges for too long. It is the most stupid mistake
Risks of hacks, exchange scam exits. Big exchanges can be hacked, big exchanges can do scam exits. Take care of your coins is better.
At least, if I do research on exchange reputation and its current situation (deposits, especially withdrawals); then I have likely been safe in very short term. You are right that exchanges can turn into scam or can be hacked within seconds, no one knows.
Investigate first, have detailed plans to withdraw after buying coins on exchanges (preparation on wallets on your devices), and set up plans to withdraw, 5 minutes or longer.
BTW, I want to add one more point:
- After buying, it will be safer to withdraw small amount of coins to test withdrawal on that exchange for the coin you just bought.
- If small withdrawals get first confirmation, let's move all rest of your coins.
Depends on how small the withdrawal is. Most exchanges have a minimum and you can't withdraw below that minimum.
Also you will be paying double fees for 2 withdrawals. For example the withdrawal fee is 0.0005 BTC on Binance - more than $5. It is not exactly cheap if you are not dealing with a lot of money.
Their withdrawal limit is 0.002 BTC - more than $20. If it is a small amount the user might not be able to respect these limits to make two withdrawals.
Thanks.
I would like to give explanation: that point focuses on altcoins. Withdrawal fees with altcoins are cheaper.
BTW, you remind me that it is important point that I forgot to write in OP.
Read more:

[2] Don't use wallets that you don't have full control of wallet's private keys
You should read about custodial and non-custodial wallets.
I suggest you to choose non-custodial wallets to have full control of your private keys. No one can steal your bitcoins, ie. if you don't lose your private keys. It means you have to take care of your private keys, and your computer security, nevertheless.
Just a bit of advice for the people and mostly for the newbies out there who still use exchanges as personal wallets and are careless about the safety of their funds...

If you don't want to be a victim of another inside job from exchanges or even having your personal wallets hacked (malware), I highly suggest investing in a hardware wallet. You will sleep better at night.

This is more valid than before as the price is surging...

[3] Do your own research on your interest coins, to find out about their wallets, and choose best ones in case you buy them and withdraw coins from exchanges
This step will help you having good preparation for what you will do next after successfully buying your interest coins.
You will know which wallets to use, where to download, how to install, backup, recover, and testing all those steps on your computers.
How to search?
  • If your interest project already listed on coinmarketcap.com (~ CMC) > Start from CMC to get official website, github, etc. of that project
  • If your interest project has not yet listed on CMC, and you know official website of that project > Start from official website to get other things
  • If your interest project has not yet listed on CMC, and you know official website of that project > Start doing your own research from Google, with higher risks. This is last option you should think of.

Benefits:
It will save your time. The more time you save after buying coins on exchanges, the more security and less risks you will have, because you can move your coins from exchanges to wallets under your control after a few minutes.

[4] Read tutorials on how to verify wallet (if possible), backup seeds, private keys, wallet backup; and steps to recover wallets
Using non-custodial wallets don't mean that you are totally safe, because it depends on your computer security, and wallets you download are official, and zero-threats/malwares or not.
Reading how to verify wallet (to check it is official or not) is very important and vital. Doing this before using that wallet for transactions.
Appreciated help from @DdmrDdmr to remind that verify wallet quality and functions is important to, in case wallet has poor quality, and bad functional operation, you don't lose your money.

Read more:

[5] Testing seeds, private keys, wallet backup first, and only deposit money in those wallets when testing results are good
After verifying wallets (if that feature is available), and installing wallet on your devices, and doing back ups (in the [4] step). Now, it is time to test those backups on same devices or on other devices.
Checking all of those backups to make sure that in case your devices broken technically, you will be able to recover your wallets (there is no mispelling on seeds, private keys, etc.)
Good practice is to turn off your internet connection when testing. Even its desktop or in mobile devices.
2. Turn off internet connection while generating your Bitcoin address

It’s also possible to create a vanity address when your internet connection is active, but for security reasons no internet connection is recommended. It would be even safer if you run the program on a computer that was never connected to the internet, but you can decide for yourself which security level is sufficient. It's always recommend to prefer high security standards to avoid any problems resulted by hacks because it's always possible that your device is compromised.
If you want maximal security you can generate your vanity address via split-key.
Read more:

[6] Don't use masternode / shared masternode hosting services
It is nearly the same as storing coins on exchanges for too long; and you don't have control of your money.
Read more:
  • GINcoin: Shutdown their masternode hosting service, without announcement in their ANN thread or on their website. They only announced it in their Discord.

[7] Don't store your coins on mixing service platforms for too long. Withdraw them immediately after mixing process finished
It is nearly the same as storing coins on exchanges for too long.
Read more:

[8] Check KYC requirements on exchanges that you have plans to buy coins on their platforms
This step is another must-do thing. It is ridiculous that your original aim to create accounts on exchanges is to buy your interested coins, and withdraw them to store in wallets you have control on private keys; but at the end you are unable to withdraw due to failed KYC.

It ensures that if you don't want to do KYC, you will not create account, and send your funds (bitcoin, fiats, whatever) to those exchanges; then you will have to mandatory do KYCs (that what you never want to do at starts).

In addition, it also ensure that on exchanges that KYC is mandatory to be able to withdraw money, you have to successfuly do KYC verification first, before send your fund to your accounts on those exchanges.
Sometimes, I saw people complain that they failed to do KYC verifications. There are some reasons:
  • ID cards, photos, ie. blurred
  • Their nations in which they live listed in exclusive nations of exchanges

I hope theymos considers the request and thank you everyone in advance for your support.

Cheers :-)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░████████████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░███░░░░░░░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░███░░░░░░░░▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░███░░░░░░░░▀██▄░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░███░░░░░░░░▄███░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░████████████▀▀░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
.BitTrade.
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
⬤ Stock Market
⬤ Bonds
⬤ Currencies
⬤ Gold
⬤ NBA
⬤ NFL
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Royse777

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 01:58:14 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2019, 04:33:27 PM by Royse777

Change log (latest one at the top):

4. Goal achieved and replaced by Re: 3.3.8 downloaded, coins missing?

4. Sent 1 merit however I would love to send two more merits.
3. Bitcoin challenge transaction: ~100 BTC total bounty to solvers! replaced by Re: Electrum wallet on tails
2. Re: What could someone do with the private keys of empty Bitcoin addresses? replaced by Active users and top posters in the past 1h, 24h and 7d

1. Re: I created a wallet Electrum, but the blockchain Explorer doesn't see its address replaced by theymos suggestion for permaban

Goal achieved for 10. (Compilation of all "Scam Accusations" threads related to exchanges) and replaced by Newbies - Read before using exchanges or investing

10. Soon will be replaced:
10. (Edit: Sent 4 merits however I would love to send one more merit before replacing it by a new one.)
9. Sent 2 merits to Re: Legendster - The Case of Calcutta's Confused Carpet Muncher and replaced by Re: Test Cricket Prediction and Discussion Thread [self - mod]
8. Sent 1 merit to Re: Hardware wallets OLED Display Vulnerability[Trezor One, Ledger Nano S/X, etc.] and replaced by Re: Need help to send my btcs from electrum with no SEED and no 2FA

7. Re: Where is exe in Electrum Windows Installer package replaced by Re: Need help to send my btcs from electrum with no SEED and no 2FA

6. Re: Updating from Electrum 3.3.6 to 3.3.8 replaced by Re: Test Cricket Prediction and Discussion Thread [self - mod]

5. Post 👏 Review 👏 (Be Better, Beginner!) replaced by Don't put your full trust on exchanges regarding scam projects.

4. Re: Any way to import private key of a MultiSig wallet? replaced by Electrum wallet - How to update safely and avoid phising wallets?

Goal achieved for 4 (sending 4 merits in total), 6, 7. Will be replacing with new posts soon.

3. Re: bitcoin stolen zesterday replaced by Bitcoin challenge transaction: ~100 BTC total bounty to solvers!

2. Re: What could someone do with the private keys of empty Bitcoin addresses? replaced by Re: What could someone do with the private keys of empty Bitcoin addresses?

1. Re: Test Cricket Prediction and Discussion Thread [self - mod] replaced by Re: I created a wallet Electrum, but the blockchain Explorer doesn't see its address

4. Sent 2 and would like to send 2 more before removing it from OP

Goal achieved for 1, 2, 3, and 5. I will be replacing them soon with new ones.

1. Edited with:
(edit: Sent 2 more. One more to go then I will replace this with something else. Thanks The Pharmacist)

5. Re: Help me to understand bitcoin mixing replaced by Post 👏 Review 👏 (Be Better, Beginner!)

Awaiting to be added in the OP:

Bitcoin Core doesn't sign with Sighash_Single if index is smaller than outcount
Re: Why would someone keep sending 546 Satoshi to themselves?
Re: 0 sat/byte fee ?
ToS, do you read it before using new platforms?

.BitTrade.
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
⬤ Stock Market
⬤ Bonds
⬤ Currencies
⬤ Gold
⬤ NBA
⬤ NFL
bill gator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 02:10:38 PM

I find it very amusing that a post I made less than 2-minutes before your merit-source application made it into your submission within 10-minutes Tongue Good luck with your application. I haven't taken an extensive dive into your merit, or posting history, but I've seen you around and can't imagine you'd be a bad merit-source. You have my endorsement, but I don't know if that's worth much.

I've been out of merit for awhile too, and I always told myself I wanted to earn legendary before applying to be a merit-source; that way nobody could try to attribute my rank-up to being a source.
The Pharmacist
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 3090

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 02:15:01 PM

I definitely support your application, and I'm pretty sure the forum could use more merit sources at the moment--especially ones who want the job.  I haven't seen many merit source applications lately, and I also don't think there's been a lot of ranking up among the lower ranks (unless I'm mistaken).  

When was the last time Theymos tapped any new sources?  I recall last September as when he last made a bunch of new ones, myself included, and some of those hadn't even applied.  It's possible some dropped out since then or lost interest, so now's probably a good time for Theymos to take a good look at the situation and make sure there's enough merits being circulated.

Edit:

Thanks for your support and the merit you sent. I immediately used the 2 sMerits LOL
Good, that's kind of why I gave them to you.

Royse777

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 02:18:16 PM

I find it very amusing that a post I made less than 2-minutes before your merit-source application made it into your submission within 10-minutes Tongue Good luck with your application.
It was in fact immediately spotted after I made the topic. I have notification active for B&H section. It took me a minute or half to read the topic and decided it worth adding. So I replaced it with an old one. Updates will have logs in my 2nd post, just underneath the OP.

And thanks for the endorsement.

Cheers bud.

When was the last time Theymos tapped any new sources?
I have not much idea since I am not too regular in the Meta section but I assume it was long ago he approved few applications.

I definitely support your application
Thanks for your support and the merit you sent. I immediately used the 2 sMerits LOL

.BitTrade.
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
⬤ Stock Market
⬤ Bonds
⬤ Currencies
⬤ Gold
⬤ NBA
⬤ NFL
hd49728

Activity: 392
Merit: 361

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 03:04:26 PM
Merited by Royse777 (1)

When was the last time Theymos tapped any new sources?  I recall last September as when he last made a bunch of new ones, myself included, and some of those hadn't even applied.
In May this year, when Vod removed as a merit source, 9 new merit sources added, that made total merit sources is 131
If I remember correctly, there were 123 Merit sources yesterday. One dropped out:
Theymos has responded to my request to be removed as a merit source.  No more working for free.  Smiley

I think theymos took the opportunity to process new Merit source applications, there are now 130 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 20605 sMerit per 30 days.
One of them is Coolcryptovator.
There are 131 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 21045 sMerit per 30 days
Around 400 more merits per 30 days for 8 new merit sources, so each new source likely have 50 merits per 30 days.
Previous stats before that wave of new merit sources in May
There are 123 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 20735 sMerit per 30 days

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Coolcryptovator
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 806

Self made Hero Member 😎

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 05:09:45 PM

Supporting your merit source application. I think admin should add few more merit sources since airdrop merit decaying day by day. It was almost eight months when my merit source application was pending. So I should wait with patience and hope eventually you will be a merit source.

I am little bit confused about current smerit distribution for merit sources. I am not receiving my smerit at once. Some time 5 sometime 14 and so on. But yes, seems monthly receiving total 50 smerit as a merit sources. But I am not aware about current algorithms if there is any, or it is just happening with me only. That's the reason I am out of smerit now, don't know when I will receive once again.

o_e_l_e_o

Activity: 686
Merit: 2741

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 05:24:47 PM
Merited by malevolent (1)

I am little bit confused about current smerit distribution for merit sources. I am not receiving my smerit at once. Some time 5 sometime 14 and so on.
You source sMerit replenishes exactly 30 days after you spend it.

So 30 days ago was July 25th. You didn't send any merit, so you will not get any replenished today. On July 26th you sent 3 merit, so you could potentially get 3 sMerits replenished tomorrow, but it would depend on whether those 3 that you sent on July 26th were from your source sMerits or your personal sMerits. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell other than waiting to see how many you get tomorrow.

I could also really use an increase in sMerit allocation. I am regularly having to skip over good posts which are deserving of merit because I'm either out or down to my last 2 or 3, and I always like to keep a couple in the bag to rank up a good newbie.

Coyster

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 06:30:29 PM

You've got my endorsement to carry on the "ranking up" job, and it's one thing that keeps the community growing and lively for good users and posters. I believe theymos would act on this request, it's been long anyone showed interest in taking up the honorable "job".

I've seen a couple of users ranking up in the past months,(i stand to be corrected) and in my opinion the quality of posts on the forum has actually increased, that's why there are more users ranking up and more merits being distributed/in circulation.
The more merit sources we have, the less bad posters have any reason to complain about their incapability to earn merits to rank themselves up; so goodluck on your application.

Royse777

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 01:18:01 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (6)

Guys,
Thanks for all the supports and love I am receiving from the community. Whatever merit I received, I have already spent the corresponding sMerits and I have updated OP now with new posts, since some original ones are outdated now. It's a continuous process and I am updating very often (several times. even in an hour). Whenever I am receiving any merit I am sending out sMeirts to the posts and updating the list in the OP. The change log is here.

I see some of the users are receiving merits from the list which I appreciate a lot. Feel free to send your merits directly to new ones if you want to.

Cheers

.BitTrade.
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
⬤ Stock Market
⬤ Bonds
⬤ Currencies
⬤ Gold
⬤ NBA
⬤ NFL
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1567

The charts never lie.

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:51:19 PM

Ack.

This guy is the only one who got 50 merits from me in 1 swoop. (Source) Helped me and saved me from trouble big time. Turned out it wasn't really a big problem later but I didn't know that at that time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀████████████████▄  ████                 █████   ▀████▄    ▄████▀  ▄██████████████   ████████████▀  ▄█████████████▀  ▄█████████████▄
              ▀████  ████               ▄███▀███▄   ▀████▄▄████▀               ████   ████                ████                   ▀████
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████  ████              ████   ████    ▀██████▀      ██████████████▄   ████████████▀       ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
   ██████████████▀   ████            ▄███▀     ▀███▄    ████        ████        ████  ████                ████       ██████████████▀
   ████              ████████████▀  ████   ██████████   ████        ████████████████  █████████████▀      ████       ████      ▀████▄
   ▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀

#1 CRYPTO CASINO & SPORTSBOOK
  WELCOME
BONUS
.INSTANT & FAST.
.TRANSACTION.....
.PROVABLY FAIR.
......& SECURE......
.24/7 CUSTOMER.
............SUPPORT.
BTC      |      ETH      |      LTC      |      XRP      |      XMR      |      BNB      |     more
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1890

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 06:36:14 PM

Guys,
Thanks for all the supports and love I am receiving from the community. Whatever merit I received, I have already spent the corresponding sMerits and I have updated OP now with new posts, since some original ones are outdated now. It's a continuous process and I am updating very often (several times. even in an hour). Whenever I am receiving any merit I am sending out sMeirts to the posts and updating the list in the OP. The change log is here.

I see some of the users are receiving merits from the list which I appreciate a lot. Feel free to send your merits directly to new ones if you want to.

Cheers

Here are six points spend them well.

I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
CryptopreneurBrainboss

Activity: 560
Merit: 775

LiveCoin - is a modern stock exchange

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2019, 08:03:21 PM

Just an advice buddy, timing is everything in getting accepted as a merit source. With numerous qualified application this days, you just have to know when to bump your thread hopefully at the right time to get theymos attention. The fact some application are taking months/years without getting accepted doesn't mean they're not qualified but bad timing is actually the cause.

During my time of application their was numerous qualified applicants but I took advantage of @Vod drama to bump my thread at the right time and got accepted with 7 others weeks after application. All I'm saying, if you don't get choosen right away don't get discourage you're a quality net positive user of the forum and deserve to be a source. Wish you the best of luck. I support your application, I'm also lacking smerits lately too while they're numerous merit worthy posts all around us.

█████████▄           ▄█
▀██▄         ██
▀██▄    ▄▄ ██
▀███ ███ ██
█████████▄        ▀▀ ██
▀██▄      ▄▄ ██
▄█████████ ███ ██
▄██▀          ▀▀ ██
████
█▀            ▄▄ ██
▄██ ███ ██
▄██▀   ▀▀ ██
▄██▀        ██
███████████▀          ▀█

▄▄█
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████

█████

█████

█████

▄▄█
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████

█████

█████

█████
▄▄█
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████

█████

█████

█████
█▄           ▄█████████
██         ▄██▀
██ ▄▄    ▄██▀
██ ███ ███▀
██ ▀▀        ▄█████████
██ ▄▄      ▄██▀
██ ███ █████████▄
██ ▀▀          ▀██▄
██ ▄▄            ▀█████
██ ███ ██▄
██ ▀▀   ▀██▄
██        ▀██▄
█▀          ▀███████████
JSRAW

Activity: 462
Merit: 456

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 11:20:51 AM

Finally your application!! I have been saying this for ages that you should apply for merit source, Better late than never. Grin

I remember you helped at least 3 users to rank up in Gambling discussion( including me in Cricket discussion). And I have a feeling that you are hesitant to advertise your MS's application in Cricket community so will take the liberty to spread the word there. I am sure some regular going to stop by to support you despite not many visit or post in Meta Section often.

Cheers Brother

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]
Haunebu

Activity: 1358
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 12:59:46 PM
Merited by JSRAW (1)

I have known Royse for quite sometime now through the Cricket fraternity here in Bitcointalk and he is a positive guy in my opinion who deserves the merit source tag.

Reasons:

- Positive mindset(Almost always)
- Organizes sports betting tournaments(Using his own money) regularly
- Has a lot of knowledge related to sports(Especially Cricket)
- Helped several quality posters rank up(Ex: JSRAW etc)

These are just a couple of reasons of the top of my head. All the best Royse!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1053

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 01:24:10 PM

Thanks JSRAW for linking this post. Always will support Royse777 as he has been very helpful for the community with merits and with his knowledge. Also, he is very active in the gambling section and has made his threads spam free by moderating them.

Hope Theymos considers your application. Good luck Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
UmerIdrees

Activity: 546
Merit: 42

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 01:31:40 PM

Thanks JSRAW for linking this post. Always will support Royse777 as he has been very helpful for the community with merits and with his knowledge. Also, he is very active in the gambling section and has made his threads spam free by moderating them.

Hope Theymos considers your application. Good luck Smiley

Royse777 is a great person and is very helpful to the community. I will also recommend him to become the merit source.  Although i am not sure what is the procedure for becoming a merit source but my best wishes are with Royse.

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 812
Merit: 292

777Coin - The Exciting Bitcoin Casino!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 04:14:41 PM

Royse is one of the most helpful users I have ever come across on this forum. I always found him unbiased and cool. His contributions are much appreciated, especially in the gambling section. I am not sure about the requirements for becoming a merit source, but I should say that whatever the requirements be, it will be very difficult to find someone more deserving than Royse.

Royse777

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 05:32:00 PM

Okay, I see my cricketing community buddies (we are not many there: JSRAW, Haunebu, erikalui, UmerIdrees, Vishnu.Reang, Pffrt, Little Mouse, Indymoney, Raja_MBZ and few others) and I gotta say that I am so much blessed having you guys around. The kind words made my day. Thank you all. Yes, I was hesitating to talk about it there and wanted the things to happen normally without any extra exposure :-) Again thank you for the blessing.

@mindrust, yeah old days, we all learn as we go :-)
@philipma1957, I gave my best bud. Thank you.
@CryptopreneurBrainboss, your wise observations were noted bud and thanks for the kind words. Appreciate it very much.

.BitTrade.
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
⬤ Stock Market
⬤ Bonds
⬤ Currencies
⬤ Gold
⬤ NBA
⬤ NFL
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 406
Merit: 30

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 04:55:33 PM

Okay, I see my cricketing community buddies (we are not many there: JSRAW, Haunebu, erikalui, UmerIdrees, Vishnu.Reang, Pffrt, Little Mouse, Indymoney, Raja_MBZ and few others) and I gotta say that I am so much blessed having you guys around. The kind words made my day. Thank you all. Yes, I was hesitating to talk about it there and wanted the things to happen normally without any extra exposure :-) Again thank you for the blessing.

@mindrust, yeah old days, we all learn as we go :-)
@philipma1957, I gave my best bud. Thank you.
@CryptopreneurBrainboss, your wise observations were noted bud and thanks for the kind words. Appreciate it very much.

I also support that you become a merit source but it seems there is no progress on this. There has been no response on whether your application for a merit source has been selected or not ?   Sad
Also that our cricketing community is the best one.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.