Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:20:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Instagram-like service running on the NEM blockchain  (Read 144 times)
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 11:34:12 PM

The Japanese community have built this photo sharing site, much like how Instagram works, but with added benefits of registering your ownership on the blockchain, receiving tips and also the option of charging a fee for a third party to use your content.

Its still a work in progress and expect more improvements to be added soon with translation added for the Japanese comments.
I posted a couple of photos last night and my feed went crazy! Smiley
Its called Nemgraph, register on http://nemgraph.net.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 01:07:07 AM

but with added benefits of registering your ownership on the blockchain, receiving tips and also the option of charging a fee for a third party to use your content.
So this is like copyrighting your picture on the internet using NEM blockchain?
With receiving tips, is it similar to how BAT tipping works? or investfeed (IFT)?
I am not a fan of instagram but seeing how popular it is among photo lovers, this may work for nemgraph.
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 01:47:50 AM

but with added benefits of registering your ownership on the blockchain, receiving tips and also the option of charging a fee for a third party to use your content.
So this is like copyrighting your picture on the internet using NEM blockchain?
With receiving tips, is it similar to how BAT tipping works? or investfeed (IFT)?
I am not a fan of instagram but seeing how popular it is among photo lovers, this may work for nemgraph.

I dont use instagram either.
I probably made a bad comparason to instagram, since they are more of a social network, where this is more for sharing photos and earning rewards from royalties or tips.

Quoted from nemgraph, it has this to say about their RiNG certification:

What is RiNG?
RiNG is an innovative feature which can prove that your post is your own photo by using NEM block chain. Posted images ,content & its author, even the date and time of posting will be recored on NEM chain forever.

So yes, its essentially a way to register your copyright/ownership and timestamp it on the blockchain.

people can tip you any amount of XEM tokens they wish.
Im surprised how many tips i already received in a short space of time.
Ive been told by others using it that railway photos are proving popular with the Japanese.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 02:09:49 AM

I searched but there is no android app for this project yet.

I'd like to be the first to actually share the NEMGRAPH project in my network so I can also receive tips from them but I can manage it better with an app on my phone as its what I usually hold most of the time while traveling. Hope to see on google play later on.

nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 02:56:35 AM

I searched but there is no android app for this project yet.

I'd like to be the first to actually share the NEMGRAPH project in my network so I can also receive tips from them but I can manage it better with an app on my phone as its what I usually hold most of the time while traveling. Hope to see on google play later on.

I would imagine they will have an app ready at some point.
Will check with them and ask.

pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:08:45 AM

The Japanese community have built this photo sharing site, much like how Instagram works, but with added benefits of registering your ownership on the blockchain, receiving tips and also the option of charging a fee for a third party to use your content.

Its still a work in progress and expect more improvements to be added soon with translation added for the Japanese comments.

Something I'm afraid of uploading photos on this project, because blockchain by itself makes it impossible to delete photos in the future and anyone can then follow my life on the Internet. I’m just wondering why come up with such projects and for whom they may be useful in the future.
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 06:21:23 AM

Something I'm afraid of uploading photos on this project, because blockchain by itself makes it impossible to delete photos in the future and anyone can then follow my life on the Internet. I’m just wondering why come up with such projects and for whom they may be useful in the future.
The blockchain is not storing the photos, only ownership records. You can also have the option to delete your photos Smiley

Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 10:51:26 AM

Problems and a change of leadership and other negative events in NEM negatively affected its price and popularity. Perhaps this service will help NEM become popular again and begin to grow. It's great that the Japanese NEM community is so active and developing the project.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 03:09:11 PM

Problems and a change of leadership and other negative events in NEM negatively affected its price and popularity. Perhaps this service will help NEM become popular again and begin to grow. It's great that the Japanese NEM community is so active and developing the project.

This is one of the oldest project in blockchain with communities in every country we know, there are just not much projects developed under them. Its probably not a very friendly platform for developers. I've read a thread here telling the team was in the brink of bankrupt but that might not be true. They will eventually regain if the the lose money during the last bullrun.

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 03:16:10 PM

Oh looks very cool! They come faster than EOS with Voice platform.
By the way, you can store your photo directly to the NEM blockchain? Or how it is with the user's rights?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
orionluckyse7en

Activity: 728
Merit: 102

3D Logo & Animated Design Services PM me ;)

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 06:33:47 PM

I think this is more similar to shutterstock, 123rf, etc or a photography / graphic design platform that provides photos and images from uploaders and gets paid when their work is downloaded. The difference is that this ownership is recorded into the blockchain and paid for with crypto, while the others are paid with usd $.

◥◥ 3D Logo & Animated Design ◤◤
Trusted Easy Simple Satisfactory Guaranteed
More info contact Telegram
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 11:38:14 PM

This is one of the oldest project in blockchain with communities in every country we know, there are just not much projects developed under them. Its probably not a very friendly platform for developers. I've read a thread here telling the team was in the brink of bankrupt but that might not be true. They will eventually regain if the the lose money during the last bullrun.

They were never bankrupt, the NEM foundation was simply applying for further funding from the core funds, since they were only originally funded for 2 years to begin with, and that time had passed.
The change of leadership has only been positive for NEM. Should also point out that the NEM foundation runs independent from the devs, but is there to assist development.

Regards being developer friendly, I can confirm NEM is very developer friendly and easy to build on, as its API driven and can be used by devs in the language they prefer to use.

nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 11:39:27 PM

By the way, you can store your photo directly to the NEM blockchain? Or how it is with the user's rights?

Basically user rights and other details are stored there, not the photo itself. Much in the same way that steemit does not store any images you post there.

nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 11:41:22 PM

I think this is more similar to shutterstock, 123rf, etc or a photography / graphic design platform that provides photos and images from uploaders and gets paid when their work is downloaded. The difference is that this ownership is recorded into the blockchain and paid for with crypto, while the others are paid with usd $.
Yeah thats quite a good comparison.
It does allow users to comment on photos, "like" or upvote them and also let users follow you in much the same way as instagram, but without the whole social network side that instrgram does.

dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 12:03:47 AM

Basically user rights and other details are stored there, not the photo itself. Much in the same way that steemit does not store any images you post there.
Yes, I uploaded my photo in an article I wrote on Steemit 2 years ago. And my photo of myself was forcibly removed by Steemit. All that was left in my article was a photo of the building. while the first photo that included my face was deleted. And that I think is to maintain the privacy of its users.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 03:58:16 AM

No matter the page they create to be like Instagram, Instagram has gone too far and large for them to be able to compete with them ,and all those extra features of blockchain that you mentioned, watch and see, I am sure that within the next 3 months, you will find it also on Instagram because mark is someone that does not give in easily to competitors, we can see how he bought Whatsaap and Instagram and any other giant social media that he could not buy over, he added all their features to its program, so they are just creating another application that will only be limited to their jurisdiction, because it would be difficult to convince someone who is already on Instagram to come over to their because of blockchain application. Well, we will see.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 10:18:42 PM

On the second of September they have hit 10,000 photos uploaded since they launched on the 22nd of August. Not bad! Smiley

ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 10:24:02 PM

I only wish success for them even though I never considered owning some NEM. God knows how much the crypto world needs a use case that the world might likely adopt - so much blockchain, so little users....yet.

nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 01:25:51 AM

I only wish success for them even though I never considered owning some NEM. God knows how much the crypto world needs a use case that the world might likely adopt - so much blockchain, so little users....yet.

Things are still very early days in the blockchain space.
Anyway, ive only been posting about two or 3 photos on there every few days and the activity on my feed is increasing heaps!
Lots of people are subscribing to me and liking my photos.
Interesting to watch.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: