Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Still looking For New Coins When Bitcoin Dominance Hit 90%  (Read 618 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 02:09:39 PM

There are still new coins in the market being launched and we have seen how profitable it is if you are one of its early investors, but that was 2014 to 2017, today the scenario is very much different.

In a lot of cases best time to buy was as soon as token was listed on an exchange.

A new study comes out that Bitcoin dominance has reached 90% and this could only mean that new and existing altcoins are going to die or will be gone in the market sooner or later.
Are you still looking for a new coin or coins in the ICO/IEO stage if Bitcoin dominance has already reached 90%

Last time that Bitcoin dominance was over 90% was in 2015. There was no Bitcoin forks back then. And a lot of people were buying altcoins.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 02:20:57 PM

Investing in an altcoin or ICO/IEO depends on the project. No matter how much is bitcoin dominance. First I should know the project. Then I so study and I decide whether invest or not. Assume that Apple is going to conduct an ICO. Will you again nitice bitcoin dominance or you will invest in the IEO in any case?
Also, the market is really unpredictable. I don't agree that today's scenario is different from 2014-2017. Cryptocurrencies maket is still unpredictable as it is still in its early stages. Regulations are yet to come and many developments will appear in future. So, every thing is possible.
jojosmith783532

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 02:47:05 PM

There are still new coins in the market being launched and we have seen how profitable it is if you are one of its early investors, but that was 2014 to 2017, today the scenario is very much different.

A new study comes out that Bitcoin dominance has reached 90% and this could only mean that new and existing altcoins are going to die or will be gone in the market sooner or later.

Are you still looking for a new coin or coins in the ICO/IEO stage if Bitcoin dominance has already reached 90%

if bitcoin dominance hit 90% i would be getting into more alts because its only short time after you would see altseason and if it did hit 90% dominance it would mean it would be over ath
Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 02:59:41 PM

Seems you don't understand how market works and why you think btc dominance will increase , btc reaching this level show an option for alts to come up as well as btc will need to dump and why we have seen market been stagnant as btc refuse to dump and it really need to correct itself.

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 03:18:10 PM

Seems you don't understand how market works and why you think btc dominance will increase , btc reaching this level show an option for alts to come up as well as btc will need to dump and why we have seen market been stagnant as btc refuse to dump and it really need to correct itself.

It's already a fact Bitcoin dominance is already reaching to that level I used to think that Bitcoin dominance was only 70% until I read those articles that latest finding proved that Bitcoin dominance is now 90%, now only altcoins with true value and community support will survive the competition.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Kriptos

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 03:36:19 PM

Bitcoin domination is still happening. So stay focused on trading for Bitcoin. If you look at the Altcoin situation until now it has not shown a significant improvement and especially for Ethereum.

The ICO and IEO projects are still a lot that uses the Ethereum platform. So, if investing in a project is better when Ethereum has been pumping.

#Darren

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 03:39:39 PM

I still believe that BTC dominance would fall one day, but it seems like we would need to be really patient. Science the beginning of this year, there was no moment, when altcoins would explode so I believe this will happen in the future.

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:19:51 PM

Of Course Let's not close ourselves to other technologies, even though some of those coins are just good at first and then losses the continuous upgrades after their ICO/Launch. I will still consider to check them in the future, new Coin, new Opportunity to trade and earn some gains, update my portfolios and also to be on trend on new emerging coins/technologies and what they can offer.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 05:21:57 PM

I am actually not looking. There are so many of the promising ones out there but I can really trust bitcoin at the moment as the whole globe and government focuses on it and its prominence grows. I will rather like my investment insured at the moment?

DigitalAssetInvestor1

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 07:06:22 PM

Cryptocurrencies are software, they do not die. You invest because you believe the platform will gain use or that there is some underlying value in the held asset. The only way that a coin can die is if it is abandoned by the developers and is no longer traded on an exchange. The idea that 99% of coins will die is Bitcoin maximalist propaganda. They say this out of one side of their mouth while they are buying alts at low prices. Watch, in a couple months there will be another alt run and this propaganda will be ancient history.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 12:57:25 AM

Until I see this study, I will not believe in 90% of the dominance of BTC.
Well, let's say that's true. Yes, I see no reason to be an early investor. But Bitcoin does not provide new technologies. And some altcoins look quite potential. Yes, this is risky. Those projects and coins that will expand and distribute new blockchain technologies will be able to give investors huge profits. Which of ? I do not know. I just hold a little different altcoins.

You are partially correct here. Bitcoin is not as advanced as some of the other coins and many of the altcoins are specifically designed for different niches, where we may not be able to use Bitcoin. For example, USDT is an altcoin which is free from volatility, while XMR is a coin especially suited for those who want 100% anonymity with their transactions.

But from what we are seeing, these coins which are designed for certain niche fields are not performing that well. XMR has lost more than 90% of its value since 2017. Perhaps we have overestimated the requirement for such unique purposes. To conclude, Bitcoin may not be technologically the most advanced coin. But for use as a store of value or as an investment, currently it faces no competition from any of the other coins.
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 02:10:51 AM

Of course, I am still looking for potential altcoins that have projects and a bright future, one of which is coins that do IEO on Binance exchange
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 08:01:21 AM

It really is. If the dominance of Bitcoin has grown significantly, this means that in the near future the situation will be reversed. I think that soon we will see an increase in the price of altcoins. Today, the high level of bitcoin capitalization only indicates a high expectation of its price growth. This condition cannot last long and the funds will necessarily be transferred to altcoins.
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 11:36:16 AM

Yes, I continue to monitor new ICO. Last winter I found one interesting project - Telos (TLOS coin). This is an improved version of the EOS, with zero inflation and many more interesting things. Moreover, they did not have ICO as such. TLOS was accrued in the amount of available EOS in the ratio of 1:1.
mr-coin

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 01:51:35 PM

Some coins and tokens comes with new features and advantages, so i think it worth to invest in new coins and tokens.
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 01:58:19 PM

joining IEOs is the new trend now ,its truly is profitable my friends and I are really waiting for new IEOs specially at Binance Launchpad

mr-coin

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 02:08:37 PM

Look to the new coins or tokens(specially IEO) with good project behind and invest in it, the most important that the token should be listing in exchange to be able sell and buy.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 02:11:44 PM

But from what we are seeing, these coins which are designed for certain niche fields are not performing that well. XMR has lost more than 90% of its value since 2017. Perhaps we have overestimated the requirement for such unique purposes. To conclude, Bitcoin may not be technologically the most advanced coin. But for use as a store of value or as an investment, currently it faces no competition from any of the other coins.
We should not draw conclusions about risks in the red market, as well as about profit in the green market.
Now that all altcoins have depreciated and continue to do so, bitcoin certainly look out of competition. But perception to the altcoins  will change as soon as the market changes direction. With the right choice of altcoins, the investment potential is great. And so much so that the expectation of investing in BTC may be less/more than the expectation of investing in altcoins? It is very difficult to calculate. Therefore, it is a matter of faith, style, temperament of the investor ...

Nivia1st

Activity: 821
Merit: 100

Volare.network

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

won't, I will definitely hold bitcoin. if BTC dominates 90%, it means everyone already believes in bitcoin. therefore holding coins other than BTC will not be profitable. but this also means there is no place for altcoin. many coins will die when that happens.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 02:48:54 PM

I think that data is not accurate, I think the dominance is still at 68%, but it would actually not be long till bitcoin reach that percentage, which will definitely affect most of the altcoins that we have in the market, especially the new coins, because everyone want to have a link with the reigning coin.

Once bitcoin become the major predominant coin, then most investor will be look more of investing in bitcoin and if they are going to look at investing on any altcoins, it would be those coins that are at least working along with the dominance of bitcoin, and that would be the top 50 coin, so new altcoins may not get the chance of being recognized for them to gain the attention of investors that would put money into their market, so there is absolutely not going to be much growth for them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: