Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:35:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Random merit giveaway threads. What do you think about them?  (Read 525 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 10:22:01 AM

I'm Already keeping an updated merit giveaway thread, if you can't find any current giveaway on the thread that means I don't find that giveaway to have any quality or benefits the participants.  other reasons could be because I suspect the OP to have other intention (like you have mentioned). The thread was previously on beginner and help board but i have move it to off topic as numerous giveways were beginning to pop-up on B&H board and now becoming a spammy trend.  I saw no need for an update to be on the same board as the threads themselves.

PS: if you find any giveways thread that you feel doesn't meet the forum standard (rewarding only deserving members), just use the report button and they'll either be deleted or moved off beginner and help board.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:50:27 PM

Pretty much your first point.

Those merit giveaway threads became a trend simply because the first few users that made the first few merit giveaway threads received a good amount of merits from other users. Now, people are trying to do the same and it's getting pretty obvious and pretty annoying. A good number of those people creating those threads haven't even earned a single merit, instead, all their merits are from the airdrop. The merit system wasn't surely made for those giveaways. It's so bad that I'd even go as far as proposing that those newer threads should be deleted immediately by mods/admins.

Most annoying for few of the thread starter that  they hoarded their sMerits specifically for the purpose that someday they will start their Merit thread.
Few of them were started with good intention but few just copied the concept.

I am alive
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 01:09:45 AM

Most annoying for few of the thread starter that  they hoarded their sMerits specifically for the purpose that someday they will start their Merit thread.
Few of them were started with good intention but few just copied the concept.
Another assumption is they started their merit-give-away topic as an initiative to legalize their merit sellings. I am not sure about this, but there is a big question about that. They might start a topic with easy requirements, and then give their merits away legally without any suspect.
Personally, I don't think that merit give-away operators whom aim at Newbies or Junior Members should require too much because I experienced such hard period myself. I had to struggle to earn my very first merits. Even when I am a Member, I still struggled with my first 40 or 50 merits. I am not sure that everyone will experience the same difficulties as well as the same journey as mine, but the first one to move up to Junior Member, then the first 50 merits to get enough experience and familiarize with the forum are the most challenging period of forum members whom started from Newbies.

Fortunately, I ranked up to Full Member a few days ago. That rank is my desired destination for more than one year, and eventually I hit it.
By the way, I say thanks to LoyceV, whom sent me 8 merits in a row into my two different topics. I thought I deserved that, but again thank you LoyceV (if you actually read the post later) for your help to boost me to Full Member faster a little bit.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 01:29:38 PM

Fortunately, I ranked up to Full Member a few days ago. That rank is my desired destination for more than one year, and eventually I hit it.
By the way, I say thanks to LoyceV, whom sent me 8 merits in a row into my two different topics. I thought I deserved that, but again thank you LoyceV (if you actually read the post later) for your help to boost me to Full Member faster a little bit.

Congrats Buddy.   You believe  in system then sometime system take care of you.
(Actually, I do not think this is first time that LoyceV helped somebody like this, otherwise LoyceV is very stingy in giving large number of Merits)

I am alive
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 06:02:19 PM

Back then spam was huge compared to now, I can see that spam has been reduced but still  Altcoin announcement thread is receiving the most spam.
Taking a look at merit giveaways- They should be given to the deserving users ethically. But there is no official rule towards merit giveaways so i doubt there's any problem about them.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:52:18 PM

I thought of creating a separate thread but decided to bump or revive this one instead.

With these random merit giveaway threads popping out every now and then, don't you think it's good to have a dedicated board for them (maybe a childboard on BH). I have seen three recently created threads already and I'm sure there are older but still active threads.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 05:09:51 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (1)

I thought of creating a separate thread but decided to bump or revive this one instead.

With these random merit giveaway threads popping out every now and then, don't you think it's good to have a dedicated board for them (maybe a childboard on BH). I have seen three recently created threads already and I'm sure there are older but still active threads.

It would be interesting to see some stats about merit threads. I often peruse them and it's mainly worthless shitposters who somehow think that highlighting their shitpost will magically get some merit.

A child board would be a sea of shit and would be an automatic ignore for me.

I think it's best left in the wild and handed over without any solicitation or expectation. I reckon those who want to focus their merit giving should be free to do so but a formal endorsement with its own forum sends out the wrong message.
Bitcoin_Arena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1787

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 10:45:32 PM

I think it would be a very bad idea. It would encourage and increase merit abuse and account farming. My idea was to just totally discourage especially if someone has very few sMerit to handout.

I mean if one had lets say 20 sMerit, what would be so hard with looking for 10 merit worthy posts and then hand each post 2 merits?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██