Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:45:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Royale - Bitcoin based protocol focused on store of value and anti-theft  (Read 998 times)
tazman97

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 07:01:29 PM

The paper and codebase do not modify Bitcoin's difficulty adjustment algorithm. I think that in the early days of a new protocol the hash rate may vary significantly and therefore Bitcoin's difficulty adjustment algorithm is too slow to react.

I've opened a github issue to discuss it and following the response submitted a PR to the codebase that integrates @zawy12 LWMA algorithm.

I'll appreciate your feedback and support in adding the LWMA algorithm, which I think should also be used in the testnet

* https://github.com/bitcoinroyale/whitepaper/issues/17
* https://github.com/bitcoinroyale/bitcoinroyale/pull/1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
idfleming (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 07:33:37 PM

Block explorer is now up and running to help verify the testnet is running smoothly.

Source code: https://github.com/bitcoinroyale/explorer
Running instance: http://explorer.bitcoinroyale.org/

Notice that http://explorer.bitcoinroyale.org is currently connected to testnet but will change to mainnet as soon as mainnet is launched.
idfleming (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 07:40:29 PM

The paper and codebase do not modify Bitcoin's difficulty adjustment algorithm. I think that in the early days of a new protocol the hash rate may vary significantly and therefore Bitcoin's difficulty adjustment algorithm is too slow to react.

I've opened a github issue to discuss it and following the response submitted a PR to the codebase that integrates @zawy12 LWMA algorithm.

I'll appreciate your feedback and support in adding the LWMA algorithm, which I think should also be used in the testnet

* https://github.com/bitcoinroyale/whitepaper/issues/17
* https://github.com/bitcoinroyale/bitcoinroyale/pull/1

Looks great. It's good that you used the standard implementation by @zawy12, I saw that he gave the PR a thumbs up.
idfleming (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:51:26 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2019, 09:19:52 AM by idfleming

Announcement: Mainnet will be launched in 4-6 days!

Exact time depends on finals tests on testnet and how stable they are. Assuming we have no last minute bugs, this will be in about 4 days on October 8. Follow this forum thread of updates on the exact time.

Genesis plan:

1. The genesis block will be mined immediately before the launch and be committed to git before the first nodes are live. A current events headline will be used to prove it's fresh.
2. Announcement will be made on the forum that the nodes should be launched.
3. Two seeds nodes (seed.bitcoinroyale.org and seed-two.bitcoinroyale.org) will be launched from genesis. These seed nodes are just full nodes, they are not doing any mining. They will enable new nodes to join the network and propagate the chain.
4. This means the network relies on you as miners to move forward. If there are no external miners, the chain will stand still until a new miner becomes online.
5. There is no pre-mine. The genesis current event events headline will prove this. All mining is fair play to anyone as soon as the genesis event occurs.

This is your chance to be part of the genesis. Launch your node as soon as the genesis block is commited to git.

How can you get ready?

I took the time to write thorough documentation with everything you need to know. Please take the next few days to go over it, review the codebase and experiment with running testnet nodes:

* How to run a Bitcoin Royale network node

* How to run a Bitcoin Royale wallet

* How to solo mine Bitcoin Royale (BTCR)
merwane

Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 10:40:16 AM

Announcement: Mainnet will be launched in 4-6 days!

Exact time depends on finals tests on testnet and how stable they are. Assuming we have no last minute bugs, this will be in about 4 days on October 8. Follow this forum thread of updates on the exact time.

Genesis plan:

1. The genesis block will be mined immediately before the launch and be committed to git before the first nodes are live. A current events headline will be used to prove it's fresh.
2. Announcement will be made on the forum that the nodes should be launched.
3. Two seeds nodes (seed.bitcoinroyale.org and seed-two.bitcoinroyale.org) will be launched from genesis. These seed nodes are just full nodes, they are not doing any mining. They will enable new nodes to join the network and propagate the chain.
4. This means the network relies on you as miners to move forward. If there are no external miners, the chain will stand still until a new miner becomes online.
5. There is no pre-mine. The genesis current event events headline will prove this. All mining is fair play to anyone as soon as the genesis event occurs.

This is your chance to be part of the genesis. Launch your node as soon as the genesis block is commited to git.

How can you get ready?

I took the time to write thorough documentation with everything you need to know. Please take the next few days to go over it, review the codebase and experiment with running testnet nodes:

* How to run a Bitcoin Royale network node

* How to run a Bitcoin Royale wallet

* How to solo mine Bitcoin Royale (BTCR)

Hi everyone,

I am happy to join this community since I've been reviewing the whitepaper about a week ago. I find the project very interesting and definitely worth checking. I envision it on the Bitcoin spectrum as the opposite of BCH. I wrote an analysis of it I sent to Ian.

I'll do my best to join as soon as the Mainnet is launched.
idfleming (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 03:08:40 PM

Testnet is progressing better than expected so we can move a little faster, here is the current mainnet launch schedule:

We are aiming to launch mainnet on October 7, 20:00 UTC

If there are last minute problems and issues, this will allow around 4 hours of fixes so we can enter October 8 with a working mainnet.

If the problems will not be fixable in these 4 hours, we will postpone mainnet launch for 1 day and try again the day after at the same time. This will repeat for the next few days until all issues are ironed out.

The release codebase with the genesis block will be pushed to git a few minutes before. Will update in the forum when this happens.

The genesis will contain a newspaper headline from October 6 or October 7, depending on what headlines are out there.. we want to choose a good one Smiley this will remain with us for good.
merwane

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 12:29:17 AM

Newspaper headline suggestion::

"A rat broke into an ATM, shredded $18000 and then died."

It happened today, creating the single greatest work of satirical performance art this millennium Smiley

You can find the article on CNBC, Fortune etc, I can't post the URL for a reason.
tazman97

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 04:21:00 PM

We are aiming to launch mainnet on October 7, 20:00 UTC

Super excited for the launch!!

Especially with my BRIP in the mainnet codebase  Cheesy
idfleming (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 07:57:46 PM

The genesis block has been pushed to git:
https://github.com/bitcoinroyale/bitcoinroyale/commit/55f4fe005e7d08d58e183669bbdd61fe060315d7

The timestamp on the block is October 7, 2019 20:00:00 UTC (1570478400)

The newspaper headline ultimately chosen is "The Washington Post 07/Oct/2019 In Siberia, a mammoth thaw".
It's from today's Washington Post, you can see it below.

The article is about global warming and how catastrophic things are becoming. Satoshi's quote had to do with a failing financial system, but the world's problems go much deeper than that. It is the responsibility of our generation to create a sustainable future, part of which is created with technology. A technology that can outlast the difficult times ahead. Where turmoil undermines value and only a decentralized system of value can remain immutable.

pavesi

Activity: 83
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 07:59:16 PM

merwane

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 08:30:40 PM

Congrats for launching Bitcoin Royale!

Can you please compile a .dmg release? I can't do it myself right now.

idfleming (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 12:52:37 AM

Does anyone have a mac and can contribute the build? If so, please PR to github
idfleming (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 01:17:56 AM

The launch looks fairly successful Smiley

The network went live as planned at exacly 20:00:00 UTC
It's currently live for about 5 hours

The block explorer is connected to mainnet, you can explore it here:
http://explorer.bitcoinroyale.org/
merwane

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2019, 07:55:52 AM

The explorer doesn't seem to work
pavesi

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 04:39:37 AM

Does anyone have a mac and can contribute the build? If so, please PR to github

PR's won't allow large (~78meg) static built .dmg..
merwane

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2019, 11:31:43 AM

That's ok, I'll compile it myself as soon as possible. How's the project going?
pavesi

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 01:42:03 PM

That's ok, I'll compile it myself as soon as possible. How's the project going?

I actually have it compiled up (high sierra on up static build), but without an easy way to allow those
with Mac's a way to download it in a responsible and safe manner..
idfleming (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 12:05:17 AM

Fork the repo and create a release in Github

When you create a release, you can upload build artifacts to the release - they can be large files like dmg

https://help.github.com/en/articles/creating-releases
pavesi

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 05:13:18 AM

Fork the repo and create a release in Github

For those interested in a Mac build..

https://github.com/pavhash5/bitcoinroyale/releases/tag/v0.1.0-mac
idfleming (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 09:11:56 AM

Update regarding state of the network:

Things seem to be running smoothly on mainnet.

• Network is live for about 11 days so far
  • 1680 blocks closed so far
  • Block time averaging at 10 minutes (in last week exactly 1008 blocks)
  • zawy's difficulty adjustment algorithm seems stable!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: