Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:20:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First GPU Mining Rig  (Read 451 times)
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

Activity: 402
Merit: 57

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 09:05:37 AM

the power consumption is really very high
all rx580 cards can be undervolt to get 30 mhs for 75 to 80w per card
try reducing core and core voltage
it will reduce the power a lot
less power consumption lower temps

The RX580 won't get 80Watts @ 30MH/s. The absolute best would maybe be about 120 Watts. When you measure power consumption you need to actually use a watt meter and not the figure that you see in GPU-z. That figure refers to the GPU wattage consumption and doesn't include the consumption used by the memory controller and other parts of the GPU.

I think the best figure I ever got was like 120 Watts @ 27.5 MH/s and this was with the highest ASIC quality GPU i had. Going any lower wasn't possible because it got freezing issues.

So if you got a 6 GPU rig then what you should expect is about ~750 Watts about 120Watts per GPU and 30 Watts or so for the memory, CPU, motherboard, etc.

Yes RX580 is more power hungry then RX570, my best performance rig for 6xRX580 is 710w at 188mh. Lot depends also from card,memory and BIOS modification, like the sapphire Nitros and MSI gaming uses the least power.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CannCo
Copper Member

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 10:04:50 AM

I would rank them as Hive > SMOS > Ethos from my experience.
The best thing about Hive is how quickly they keep new miners updated and bigger farm management is easier. I figured out in 1 hour with all the settings, there is no need to install patches for video cards with an upgraded BIOS.

SMOS is rock stable as well and if you are good with Linux, you can handle manual update of miners easily.

Using Hive OS, you can monitor your rigs from a single dashboard remotely and keep track of hashrates, GPU errors, pool configurations, power consumption, troubleshoot and reboot GPUs remotely, everything’s stable and they constantly add new features. 

logicalray77

Activity: 66
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 12:31:12 PM

the power consumption is really very high
all rx580 cards can be undervolt to get 30 mhs for 75 to 80w per card
try reducing core and core voltage
it will reduce the power a lot
less power consumption lower temps

The RX580 won't get 80Watts @ 30MH/s. The absolute best would maybe be about 120 Watts. When you measure power consumption you need to actually use a watt meter and not the figure that you see in GPU-z. That figure refers to the GPU wattage consumption and doesn't include the consumption used by the memory controller and other parts of the GPU.

I think the best figure I ever got was like 120 Watts @ 27.5 MH/s and this was with the highest ASIC quality GPU i had. Going any lower wasn't possible because it got freezing issues.

So if you got a 6 GPU rig then what you should expect is about ~750 Watts about 120Watts per GPU and 30 Watts or so for the memory, CPU, motherboard, etc.

You can achieve 30MH/s with around 85 watts per RX 580 GPU. Can tone it down further with fine tuning OC.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: