Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:05:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency that takes fees from miners  (Read 207 times)
CristianOff (OP)

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 09:01:25 PM

Is there a cryptocurrency where part of the mining reward (1% or 2%) goes to the parent organisation? If yes, which is the cryptocurrency?

I did my research and I could not find anything.

I also thought about cryptocurrencies where instead of the mining reward, part of the transaction fees are sent to the parent organisation. Still couldn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated Smiley
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2144

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 04:33:22 AM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

Generally altcoin developers control a large portion of the supply at the beggining, which serves as their reward for developing a coin, so there's no need for them to get additional coins by taking a cut from miner's rewards. And it would somewhat lower miner's incentives to participate in the network, which in turn would lower the network's overall security. But theoretically it can be implemented, and a few years ago there was a lot of altcoins that claimed to devote percentage of transaction fees to some cause, and that would require the same mechanism.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3200

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 05:50:37 AM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

A portion of Zcash's block reward goes to the "founders". A portion of Dash's block rewards go to people chosen by the master nodes.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
CristianOff (OP)

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 07:40:43 PM

Thank you so much guys. you are all amazing.
Imagine if a company that stands by high ethical standards devotes that percentage
for something serious that benefits only the community and the whole community can
see that the respective amount is used in such way 😏
linenoise

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2019, 06:22:23 AM

Dash is the biggest coin I can think of that does this. 10% of rewards go to the Dash treasury. Dash established the masternode crypto, other coins decended from Dash's codebase may have similar developer funds.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: