Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:48:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta interferon - a new treatment for the virus.  (Read 110 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2020, 11:51:44 AM

I've just watched this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqDd7ixh184&t=1362s

I can appreciate that people with impaired immune systems, and who contract the virus, may need medical aid to recover. This beta interferon treatment seems to be a possible way forward, but I'm a bit undecided at the moment. What do you guys think? Please convince me that it is a good idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2020, 11:03:19 PM

This was a very informative video and I watched till the very end. My takeaways;
• There is huge potential for this drug to have a significant effect. 79% improvement sounds pretty great and the fact that those in the program needed lesser medical care would relieve a lot of pressure on the health system.

• It's natural and only works with the body's natural protection system, activating it. This would reduce the likelihood of side effects. I however not sure if side effects would be completely ruled out or if effective measures would be taken to check for them. Covid-19 is a pandemic and as such there is a lot of pressure for a solution, this could likely lead to protocols being skipped, I hope this is not the case.

• This drug if successful would impact the treatment of other respiratory diseases which is also a positive.

Phase 3 testing would reveal more.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4461

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 12:37:22 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2020, 12:52:45 PM by franky1

it turns off the immune response

it should not be used as a early pre-sickness medication because then your body is not sending the signals to actually say its being infected. thus your body wont fight the infection because the warning signals are not sent

it however once you know your body is got over the worse of it can be used to reduce the imflamation to recover quicker. but only once your body has truly battled the virus and its time to stand down your bodies response

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150513124930.htm

there are many types of interferon. and i find it not surprising that you would pick the one that can actually cause more issues.
seems like you want people to get sick
what you need to realise is. for instance
gamma interferon signals to create antibodies.
beta suppresses the signals

other things like the method of ingestion is a crucial detail
EG beta interferon in a buttcheek does nothing but give you a numb bum
gamma interferon on a buttcheek tricks your body into thinking your butt is infected and you get a sore bum

inhaling aerosolised interferon (nebulizer/inhaler) can get it into the lungs where its needed
thus with the right type of interferon used at the right time during the incubation/infectious/recovery stages be telling the body where to target the right responses to

note
there are also risks of increasing the other types of the interferons that do signal there is an infection because some types actually signal to kill off the cell. thus can cause more damage before a virus has even spread to the cell

its about knowing the timing and the right type to use and the right way to introduce it into the system

its not a guarantee of success but can be of some help if all goes right along with other treatments
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: