Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:55:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accept payments in crypto easily with MoonPos  (Read 159 times)
AmkSk (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:39:03 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2018, 12:24:50 PM by AmkSk

I believe that all of us here want crypto to be a success. To make it happen, I believe that we need to shift the mindset from "HODLing cryptocurrencies" to actually using them, paying with them. And at the same time, more and more business should accept payments in cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies should be used as currencies. And currencies are means of exchange for goods or services. If I want to use crypto for speculation, I can always buy new crypto from an exchange after spending it, it's easy like that.

I have been thinking about the second part – making it easier for businesses to accept payments in crypto – for some time. At the same time, I found out that some coffee places have problem – it is hard to get into crypto and there is no service that would fit their needs. So next to my job, in the evenings, I have created MoonPos, an Android app which makes accepting payments in crypto quite easy. It currently supports not only PIVX but also Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash and Ethereum.

www.moonposapp.com

Video of how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDHgMwLAk54

The app is completely free and there are no fees or in-app purchases.

For now the app is focused on people, who already have some knowledge about crypto and have their own wallets and addresses. But I'd like to change this in the future. MoonPos has a simple and intuitive UI, which makes working with it in a restaurant/coffee shop very easy. The app works on a separate module (library), which can be easily added into an already existing Android Point-of-Sale apps. MoonPos is adjusted both for smartphones and tablets.

You can download it on Google Play Store for free.

I will be grateful for any feedback, ideas, or sharing this with someone who would like to accept crypto in their establishment. For updates, follow MoonPos on Facebook.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3416

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 10:15:07 AM

The app is completely free and there are no fees or in-app purchases.
How you'll be benefiting from this?

I will be grateful for any feedback, ideas, or sharing this with someone who would like to accept crypto in their establishment.
It seems pretty straightforward but the time intervals for price updates (15 minutes) are a bit long (not sure if that's what "CMC" uses but real time rates are needed [a lot can happen in 15 minutes]):

In 15 minutes intervals, MoonPos downloads current prices of your cryptocurrencies from coinmarketcap.com. So you know, that your price is always up-to-date!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:49:02 AM

How you'll be benefiting from this?
Advertising I suppose ?

I have been thinking about the second part – making it easier for businesses to accept payments in crypto – for some time. At the same time, I found out that some coffee places have problem – it is hard to get into crypto and there is no service that would fit their needs. So next to my job, in the evenings, I have created MoonPos, an Android app which makes accepting payments in crypto quite easy. It currently supports not only PIVX but also Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash and Ethereum.
There are many similar apps in the market especially the one's I have seen around some coffee shops.Yes they exist.I was hoping your project solves the problem what bitpay couldn't.We need a huge replacement in that stream.Right now even good companies like namecheap have to depend on bitpay's terrible service.
AmkSk (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:14:14 PM

Quote from: SFR10
...price updates (15 minutes) are a bit long
I was thinking about this. Fifteen minutes is a limitation of Android's scheduling system. I could possibly make it refresh more often, but there is a limitation of the API – endpoints refresh every 5 minutes.

Quote from: Patatas
There are many similar apps in the market especially the one's I have seen around some coffee shops.
Do you know the app's name?

Quote from: Patatas
I was hoping your project solves the problem what bitpay couldn't
Could you describe this problem a little bit more?

For now, this is just an MVP. First I want to spread the app to as many people as possible. There are multiple ways where this project could go. For example, I'd love to create an interface/gate, that could directly transfer crypto to FIAT, so that the user's would not have to care about blockchain/bitcoin/taxing/...But that requires a lot of resources = an investor.
etherixdevs

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:36:56 PM

Hi, the app can be interesting, and yes, 15 minutes it's too long time.
Bitpay problem I guess they mean the Visa cards discontinuation.
That was - and is still - a huge problem on the market for common people that was starting to approach crypto.
Jenni5

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:38:42 AM

MoonPos is great but you can also try out Alluma which makes accepting payments in cryptos easy.
Visit https://alluma.io for details
Participate Bounty Program: https://hubs.ly/H0d8gms0
Join Alluma on Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789065

AmkSk (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 07:42:06 PM

I'm here just to inform you that MoonPos has been updated with some nice features:

– Payment Verification
– Payment History Screen
– Support for Monero integrated addresses and subaddresses
- Added Dai Stablecoin
- Added NANO cryptocurrency
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: