Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:43:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes MIA, and BTC Outflows Mark Bad Times – Is This The End?  (Read 124 times)
Danumsigwasan (OP)

Activity: 253
Merit: 13

I am from Forex world.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 12:01:52 AM

Crypto derivatives exchange BitMEX has now officially had its worst month on record, as more and more people pull their bitcoin out of the troubled company, as they seek a different platform for trading.

Data published by TokenAnalyst, revealed that in July 2019 the exchange, which is headed up by influential crypto VIP Arthur Hayes, had outflows of $524 million, an outflow amount that crypto analyst Cetris Paribus said “had never” happened before.

He said:

“BitMEX had $524M net outflows in July. It had never had more than $100M in a single month.

“2018 brought in $1.3B, and there was not a single month where outflows were greater than inflows.”

The bad news was corroborated by Fork Monitor, which found that in July BitMEX had processed withdrawals of around 50,000 BTC

No sign of Arthur

Adding to speculation that the company is in the doldrums, is the fact that CEO Hayes has been absent from Twitter for weeks, leading many to conclude that he’s running scared from US authorities over allegations that Bitmex allowed US residents to use the platform.

In a recent article from Bloomberg, it was reported that the United States’ Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) was investigating Seychelles-based BitMEX, alleging that the company had broken US law by failing to stop US-based traders from using the service.

The Bloomberg report said:

“The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission is investigating crypto exchange BitMEX, according to people familiar with the matter.

“The months-long CFTC probe is focused on whether BitMEX broke rules by allowing Americans to trade on the platform, which isn’t registered with the agency, said one of the people who asked not to be named discussing the investigation, which hasn’t been made public … The probe is ongoing and the regulator’s investigations often don’t lead to allegations of misconduct. The CFTC declined to comment.”

A spokeswoman from BitMEX refused to confirm or deny the investigation, telling the media outlet:

“HDR Global Trading Limited, owner of BitMEX, as a matter of company policy, does not comment on any media reports about inquiries or investigations by government agencies or regulators and we have no comment on this report.”

Increased competition

In recent months, BitMEX has also faced increased competition as global cryptocurrency exchange Binance launched its own margin trading platform, allowing its customers to speculate on the price movement of digital assets.

Source of article: https://www.bitcoin-original.com/bitmex-ceo-arthur-hayes-mia-and-btc-outflows-mark-bad-times-is-this-the-end/
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andrew Parker

Activity: 164
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 12:48:56 AM

So fortunate that I shifted a lot earlier before this. I just hope people are able to get their funds out!
Candycrush1129

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 01:11:58 AM

Unbelievable!! BitMEX was amongst the most reliable options not long ago. I can’t believe this is true…. Sad
Freddy11

Activity: 391

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 02:14:27 AM

Good. Thanks for sharing. I can’t think of this as sudden development, something seems fishy.
Mehr Sher

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 02:19:42 AM

Not a reliable exchange to begin with…..

This is why you don’t go with such exchanges!! A lesson for everyone
GoldenAge Coin

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 02:24:02 AM

No matter what happens, US is always there to trouble!!! New package but old story!!!!
BlokbizICO

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 02:33:05 AM

This is too early to say anything. I don’t think this is something new.

If anyone knows a bit about trading and exchanges, this has happened a lot and exchanges have recovered as well. I am sure BitMEX too can bounce back.
smartchain
Copper Member

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 02:49:17 AM

Bad Bad news. Some of my friends were trying to be listed here by paying huge fees. Thank god they pulled out.
AeroKing

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 02:50:09 AM

Why the hell is Arthur not getting tracked???
I feel there is something else that’s not getting report. Wonder what
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: