Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:52:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen to alts if Bitcoin crashes back to $5000?  (Read 1829 times)
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 07:03:12 PM

alt will re-enter a new trading round after the possibility of minus around 20 - 80%, and after that return to see the position of trade domination that occurs in bitcoin. this situation is good for day traders because they don't really refer to long-term charts, but some popular altcoins won't go down too deep, because they take hedged positions in pairs with stable coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:41:53 PM

but today we have seen Bitcoin pump guys, everything looks bright, I think Bitcoin will not return to 5000 $, and has prepared to make a new surprise. altcoin sessions will start after bitcoin. just be prepared if you have bought the top 30 altcoins. it will make you smile again. keep calm and be patient.
Pelunize12

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 12:36:26 AM

I believe this is a very strange question, because nothing will happen unusual if Bitcoin drops below $ 5,000.  It is likely that then the situation of 2018 will be repeated.  But nevertheless, I am inclined to believe that this will not happen, because already at the moment the market has recorded a fast growth rate in Bitcoin prices, and a daily rise of more than 10% on October 25 has already been recorded.
all possibilities can happen and there is nothing we can predict with certainty. One example is that in 2018 the crypto currency will decline rapidly and it will make many investors surprised by such conditions but slowly rise the development of the critical currency. even if there is a drastic increase and decrease it has become the nature and risk of investing in the crypto currency
yes everything is possible to happen but it must have clear reason.
2018 was very much bad news, bearish market, etc so it made the price is going down
in this time is different, many good news and the price is starting to pump, so $ 5000 looks like impossible
Hippocrypto

Activity: 1484
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 01:28:50 AM

I believe this is a very strange question, because nothing will happen unusual if Bitcoin drops below $ 5,000.  It is likely that then the situation of 2018 will be repeated.  But nevertheless, I am inclined to believe that this will not happen, because already at the moment the market has recorded a fast growth rate in Bitcoin prices, and a daily rise of more than 10% on October 25 has already been recorded.
all possibilities can happen and there is nothing we can predict with certainty. One example is that in 2018 the crypto currency will decline rapidly and it will make many investors surprised by such conditions but slowly rise the development of the critical currency. even if there is a drastic increase and decrease it has become the nature and risk of investing in the crypto currency
2018 was very much bad news, bearish market, etc so it made the price is going down
in this time is different, many good news and the price is starting to pump, so $ 5000 looks like impossible

Although that price seems to be impossible for now, let's not take for granted all possible circumstances that might arise. We should be careful on the decisions that we had, and as btc character remains so unpredictable always consider fluctuations as a serious situation. You can see that on the price trend on your blockfolio, so you can see the actual buy and sell movement.
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 03:48:07 AM

Bitcoin is still in a downtrend, so the price increase in the past few days is only temporary and there will soon be many new corrections in the next few months. In this market you should not rely on any predictions because all predictions are often inaccurate so it is best to do your own analysis because no one can do it for you. I think $5000 is possible because the market is almost manipulated so they can customize the price anytime if they want.

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 04:23:40 AM

I don't think many alts would recover against Bitcoin if this happens and so they will crash even more. Some solid alts with good liquidity like Litecoin may recover but most won't recover in my opinion. Thoughts? Undecided
\

Bitcoin at $5000 is going to produce a purge, those altcoins that are just pump and dumps and altcoins that are duplicate of existing projects and altcoins that are not good in marketing their coin and updating their community will suffer if Bitcoin drops back to $5000.
The one thing that keeps these altcoins from being purge from the market, is because Bitcoin is still going up, the trust is still there and they partake of these trust from investors.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 07:40:18 AM

I don't think many alts would recover against Bitcoin if this happens and so they will crash even more. Some solid alts with good liquidity like Litecoin may recover but most won't recover in my opinion. Thoughts? Undecided
\

Bitcoin at $5000 is going to produce a purge, those altcoins that just pump and dumps and altcoins that are duplicate of existing projects and altcoins that are not good in marketing their coin and updating their community will suffer if Bitcoin drops back to $5000.
The one thing that keeps these altcoins from being purge from the market, is because Bitcoin is still going up, the trust is still there and they partake of this trust from investors.

You are absolutely right here! Reputed altcoins will recover with the Bitcoin. In every Bitcoin pumps, all the altcoins with unique models and higher trading volume pumped too! Because without altcoins Bitcoin alone can't get mass adoption! So, if Bitcoin breaks 5000$, altcoins will go to down! But those altcoins with Classic, Gold, Diamond extension in their copied name will down to die!

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 03:00:53 PM

Most of the altcoins follow bitcoin and if the price crash of btc to $5000 or even lower then we will see bloodbath in altcoin market as we have seen in past two years and most of the new altcoins will be wiped out from the market in such conditions.But be positive on such matters as the whole market will suffer huge losses and its hard to rise again.
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 05:36:48 PM

when Bitcoin is rising, Altcoins will also get benefits but when Bitcoin fall, the entire market will surely fall, so it will be very awful to the market and altcoins if BTC crashed down to 5000$, the entire market will surely get serious dammage and i can sure that more people will quit on cryptos when it was getting too low, and the market will hardly recover from the crash, altcoins will soon be the first cryptos to die, but top cryptos like BTC or ETH will survive longer, at least until the market rise back.

Pelunize12

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 05:38:55 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2019, 05:52:51 PM by Pelunize12

Bitcoin is still in a downtrend, so the price increase in the past few days is only temporary and there will soon be many new corrections in the next few months. In this market you should not rely on any predictions because all predictions are often inaccurate so it is best to do your own analysis because no one can do it for you. I think $5000 is possible because the market is almost manipulated so they can customize the price anytime if they want.
yes i also thought that bitcoin is still on downtrend, but after there is big pump (almost 40%) in short time (2 days), i decide to change my view
that big pump tells me how bull dominances the market, big whales dont wanna see bitcoin going to down
beside that, if we see the news, many good news in the crypto spase, that's why i have no doubt in this time
htsy585

Activity: 573
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 11:07:58 PM

People was not expecting president Xi talk about blockchain, i guess the below $5k wont happen anymore because maybe China will be more open to cryptocurrencies and they wont be highly restricting its development.

Yes I believe more adoption will happen as cryptocurrency is now getting a popular reception in China. I am now ever curious on what card America will play to respond to this latest development from China because they always have something up their sleeves. Seeing $5k will be a long thing from now because of this massive news from China
DigeNarrator

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 01:02:16 AM

in my opinion if Bitcoin goes to 5000 again its a good thing
it gives potentially a lot of space to grow! for example now BTC is 9k, you can make 5x only if it goes to 45k
and if BTC falls to 5k - you only need it to go to 25k to make x5
also it gives an opportunity to cash in some Fiat and buy cheap alts
cheap alt = easier to pump

conclusion: if BTC falls to 5000 again and drags altcoins with it - we may see another x100 of alts next bull run
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 01:10:30 AM

If bitcoin crashes back to $5k, I hope it won't happen in the near future, fingers crossed.
But, if it does, I'm afraid altcoins will have to suffer even more. Even with bitcoin price pumped for the last few days, it doesn't have a really great impact on altcoins.

Sure almost every alts were on green, but the price ain't that high. That's why short term trading is the best for me at the moment.
And with not only 1 or 2 altcoins, but more. Especially altcoins that has taken a great impact from China's new law.
riso2015

Activity: 1246
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 04:11:43 AM

I'm not sure the price of Bitcoin can return to $ 5,000 because the dominance of Bitcoin is still above 60% in the market. But if that happens then the price of Altcoin will go down too. I see that at the moment Crypto price movements are showing signs of a Bullish market, so it is likely that Crypto prices will rise again.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 04:23:26 AM

\

Bitcoin at $5000 is going to produce a purge, those altcoins that are just pump and dumps and altcoins that are duplicate of existing projects and altcoins that are not good in marketing their coin and updating their community will suffer if Bitcoin drops back to $5000.
The one thing that keeps these altcoins from being purge from the market, is because Bitcoin is still going up, the trust is still there and they partake of these trust from investors.
Not really, during the beginning of this year we saw bitcoin lower than that value and yet there were still a record level of altcoins and I do not really see how this is going to change, as long as there are investors out there that believe it is going to be easy to make profits in this market then they will continue to invest in altcoins, and each new year cryptocurrencies are getting more popular so it is not like at some moment the money will run out either.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:44:11 AM

It seems like this has already happened at the end of 2018 where the decline of bitcoin makes the whole altcoin experience a huge decline. some this year have been able to rise again but also most have died due to no trade or buy orders. BTCitcoin decline indeed greatly affects the overall market ecosystem to get that effect so when it comes down again it can be ascertained the same. everyone's hopes of course this year bitcoin did not experience such a large decline and instead increased

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
msg768 (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 07:09:19 PM

LOL everyone laughed when I posted this. Look where Bitcoin is now. Only 2K USD to reach 5K USD : )))

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 07:24:53 AM

I think $5k would be okay, although a descent that far would start to be a bit of a cause for concern. We have to remember just how much the price can move in a historical context. $20k back down to below $4 in little more than a year. We have had similar movements before, but they are obscured on the normal linear-scale price charts because they happened at a much lower price point - but change the charts to log scale, and the cyclic nature of the price movement becomes more apparent.

$5k wouldn't be a disaster, but I think we need to stay above the bear lows of about a year ago.

jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 08:36:16 AM

LOL everyone laughed when I posted this. Look where Bitcoin is now. Only 2K USD to reach 5K USD : )))

That is because almost everyone is thinking that bitcoin will continue in the bullish trend and that they forgot that the price can go down to $5000 or even lower. I guess this is just a reminder to investors that bitcoin can go up as high as it can be but after that high price it may go down almost rock bottom so we should be smart enough in managing our coins before regretting anything.
slaman29
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1212

Livecasino, 20% cashback, no fuss payouts.

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 09:59:00 AM

I think $5k would be okay, although a descent that far would start to be a bit of a cause for concern. We have to remember just how much the price can move in a historical context. $20k back down to below $4 in little more than a year. We have had similar movements before, but they are obscured on the normal linear-scale price charts because they happened at a much lower price point - but change the charts to log scale, and the cyclic nature of the price movement becomes more apparent.

$5k wouldn't be a disaster, but I think we need to stay above the bear lows of about a year ago.

Yeah, same thoughts here. I mean so what if Bitcoin "Crashes" back to $5000? So what? Even a crash back to $3000 isn't a disaster. Bad as it might seem because we were just recently above 10k, it's still only as bad as 2019's lowest point.

Like you said, everything is obscured in the normal linear scale once we look at the big picture. Of course, nothing's a guarantee but funny to see the LOLers all come out every now and then for their victory dance!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██