Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:20:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Marconi: Welcome to the Brave New World  (Read 571 times)
marconiprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:26:44 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2019, 12:28:13 AM by marconiprotocol

WHAT IS IT?
The Marconi protocol is designed down to the ethernet level and powers a decentralized networking stack that provides connectivity, security and privacy

• Ethernet-level encryption: Secure communication pipes established at Layer 2 of the OSI model provide packet-level encryption that’s more secure than just using SSL and TLS
  • Programmable Packets: Decentralized apps with direct access to network packets provide network administration and security functionality without expensive custom hardware
  • Branch Chains: Branchable blockchains enable the creation of new decentralized networks without traditional infrastructure that's controlled by just a few entities in any given region

USE CASES
  • Network Admin Apps: Create administrative applications for network load balance, changing network topology and IOT device management
  • Dynamic Networks: Rapidly deploy dynamic networks in battlefields and disaster recovery areas. Record network activity on a ledger for after action reviews.
  • Security Apps: Create decentralized security apps like Anti-Phishing, Anti-Malware, Intrusion Prevention Systems and dVPNs

HOW TO MINE

ROADMAP

MAINNET: NOW LIVE!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:44:05 PM

You wrote "IOT Device Management: developing applications that address security, privacy, and connectivity issues for managing IOT devices.". What devices are we talking about?
marconiprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:31:33 PM

You wrote "IOT Device Management: developing applications that address security, privacy, and connectivity issues for managing IOT devices.". What devices are we talking about?

Given that the IoT ecosystem is pretty fragmented (similar to the mobile ecosystem before iOS and Android), our design works with any OS that supports L2 emulation allowing us to be compatible with most platforms like Ubuntu Core 16. This unlocks support for a pretty broad array of devices. We're also very excited by Google Fuchsia and their modular architecture which makes it really easy to roll out additional networking options.
LeeLoo1899

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 04:41:17 AM

Hello, dont have telegram group?
marconiprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:30:33 PM

Hello, dont have telegram group?

There is no officially supported telegram group. Our current priority is product development and getting our testnet ready for launch. We'll be rolling out our telegram group and developer forums with the launch. In the meantime, you can follow us on Twitter and our blog for the latest news.
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/marconiprotocol
* Blog: https://medium.com/marconiprotocol

btcfan87

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:45:51 AM

Hi everybody. I found Marconi on a website that publishes ratings from popular experts: https://topexperts.io/ico/marconi
There is a common 5.05/10 score from 7 experts
vincepkr

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:35:54 AM

i thought i saw something about this project on venture beat recently... any update?
marconiprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 06:45:11 AM

We will have an update about our testnet very soon.  Thanks for your interest.
marconiprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 08:54:21 PM

JOIN US FOR OUR AMA
Don’t miss our AMA this Wed, March 20 @ 6PM PT.
https://t.me/marconiprotocol
marconiprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 10:06:46 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2019, 09:20:04 PM by marconiprotocol

In preparation for the Mainnet, we're excited to share the news that the Marconi mining software is now live. Mining on Marconi offers a platform for the community to support and secure the Marconi blockchain through PoW mining. With this release, miners can familiarize themselves with the following features on the Testnet ahead of the Mainnet launch:

• Support for CPU and GPU miners at multiple performance levels
  • Dashboards for tracking miners, block rewards and payouts
  • Proportional payouts multiple times each day
  • 0% Pool Fees

Get started today with:

Specifications:

• Algorithm: CryptoNight v8
  • Block Time: 30s
  • Block Reward halving schedule: none
  • Masternodes: No
marconiprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 10:39:49 PM

Our mining software is now available on Microsoft Windows. Mining on Marconi offers a platform for the community to support and secure the Marconi blockchain through PoW mining. With this release, a new set of miners will be able to join our growing mining community.

Get started today by visiting our GitHub Mining Page: https://github.com/MarconiProtocol/wiki/wiki/Mining-Overview

Recommended equipment specs:

• Windows 7 or 10
  • 1GB Memory
  • CPU Mining:  Dual Xeons or higher recommended
  • GPU Mining:  NVIDIA GTX 1060 or higher OR AMD RX 480/580 or higher
marconiprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 09:39:43 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2019, 09:58:29 PM by marconiprotocol

Mining Pool Upgrade & Migration

To provide a better experience for our mining community we are adding two new regional mining pools with improved infrastructure for better scalability and lower latency. The current mining pool (mine1.marconi.org) will be decommissioned as part of this process so it’s important that miners update to the two new pools. There are two ways to update to the new pools:

1) Self-Migration
Today, miners can start using the new pools to immediately benefit from the improved performance and scalability. It just takes a simple config change.

• Go to the directory where marconi-stak is installed.
  • Edit pools.txt with your favorite editor
  • In the “pool_list” section of the file
  • Update “mine1.marconi.org” to “mine2.marconi.org” for the US West or “mine3.marconi.org” for Asia region
  • Save the changes
  • Stop the marconi-stak process
  • Start the marconi-stak process

2) Automatic Migration
Anyone still mining via the current mining pool (mine1.marconi.org) will be automatically migrated to one of the new pools on Tuesday, September 3 at 2pm PST. At that time the DNS settings for mine1.marconi.org will be updated to point to mine2.marconi.org (US West). It can take up to 24 hours or more for the DNS update to propagate to a miner and when that happens they may notice a temporary disconnect in their logs. Note that if there are many miners attempting to reconnect at the same time it may take several attempts before a connection is successfully established.

Rest assured that all pool payouts will be completed before the current mining pools is fully decommissioned.

If you have any questions or comments please find us on Telegram. Stay tuned for more regional mining pools in the future.
antkamidiv

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 06:43:27 AM

I didn't find info about fund for developers in this announcement. So I want to tell that developers have premine of 225 mln coins at initial block. They revealed this in telegram.
marconiprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 02:26:05 AM

Dear Marconi Community,

We regret to inform you that the Marconi Foundation will be shutting down. With the continued crypto winter and increased regulatory challenges, we felt the most prudent path is winding things down and returning the remaining proceeds to all investors.

Even though the Marconi Foundation will be shutting down, the Marconi blockchain and its source code will remain open and available, and anyone can continue to mine and use the blockchain. You can continue to keep and use your tokens, but the foundation’s core team members will be moving on from the project.

Thank you so much for your support this past 2.5 years. We hope you’ll continue to support the project into the next chapter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: