Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ERC20 token that stays alive by rewarding activity | no ICO | 100% Airdrop  (Read 257 times)
proof-of-life (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 11:04:20 PM

We know that token/ Ethereum contract that no one interacts with is as good as dead.  Angry Angry Angry Then it's logical that token contracts should reward users for good behavior or punish users for laziness - a.k.a - interactions!!  Grin Grin Grin

Introducing PROOF OF LIFE TOKEN ("ALIVE") - the first intelligent token that strives to live (of course given gas limitations  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes).
ALIVE is an ERC20 token that has the following features:

1. 100% airdropped to users through a smart contract - starting at around 9523 per claim and decreasing at 0.5% at every successive airdrop. All you have to do to claim the airdrop is to send a 0 eth transaction to the contract address (0x1e0c1f1ef51bfc6f9c7e1cca86574c7fc3d3a050) with a high gas limit (300,000+)
2. Limits airdrops to 1/ account
3. ~1 million token generation hardcap enforced by contract with a 5% developer fee  Tongue
4. Contract wakes up after 100 airdrops and starts punishing users with oldest activity (only transfers or trades qualify as activity - minting doesn't) by slashing their token holding to half - whenever another user initiates an activity!!  Huh Huh Huh
5. Contract only slashes External Owned Accounts (EOAs) and not contract accounts - thereby protecting DEX pools like uniswap - thereby enabling trades
6. All of the above enabling a token that aggressively goes down in supply  Grin Grin Grin

I have to admit that in launching this I have drawn from the experience of a large number of ERC20 experiments that have been launched decently. Irrespective of if they have failed or survived, they have helped in creation of this unique structure for ALIVE. So that you developers and experimenters.

Hope you guys like it too and have fun. Spend money at your own risk in trading if you want to but don't invest too much. I would suggest holding off trading for a few days to ensure the contract doesn't break. Also read the contract code on etherscan so that you know what you are dealing with.  Cool Cool Cool

I am opening a discord purely to facilitate discussions. Feel free to join and let me know what can I do next: https://discordapp.com/invite/rKkzSXU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 11:37:02 PM

without any website or whitepaer or any developing info it will be hard today even to claim free tokens , you see full of airdrop out there without any roadmap.
proof-of-life (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 01:32:01 AM

without any website or whitepaer or any developing info it will be hard today even to claim free tokens , you see full of airdrop out there without any roadmap.

The code is available on etherscan. I am planning a webpage on IPFS too. I don't think there's anything to create a whitepaper out of though. Let me know what you think would be a good approach otherwise.
cryptoad

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 01:55:35 AM

Are you the same guy that developed the failed TRIS token with the broken smart contract recently?
proof-of-life (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 02:04:48 AM

Are you the same guy that developed the failed TRIS token with the broken smart contract recently?

I can already say that you won't believe me if I say that I am not.  Wink Wink

But I did copy paste a good part of the "non-broken" TRIS code - especially for the airdrop. I also borrowed from SHUF code for overall structuring of logic. I hope you won't judge me harshly for admitting these. I believe both are open licenses.

Keltrentt

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 02:30:48 AM

But I did copy paste a good part of the "non-broken" TRIS code - especially for the airdrop. I also borrowed from SHUF code for overall structuring of logic. I hope you won't judge me harshly for admitting these. I believe both are open licenses.

I ain't judging you bro. You've done an amazing thing by trying to build on other people's ideas. I hope third works tho. I've claimed my share of the tokens. All the best to us.
btc545

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 03:06:04 AM

The code is available on etherscan. I am planning a webpage on IPFS too. I don't think there's anything to create a whitepaper out of though. Let me know what you think would be a good approach otherwise.

If you take your time to create a website and a telegram, this thing could be big.
joel68

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 03:38:31 AM

THIS is the advantage of being open sourced ... anyone can improve anyones code ...lets just hope it will breathe its own life and survive in the wild on its own ...
proof-of-life (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 06:25:46 AM

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. The process of learning never ends and building on top of others' works helps the whole ecosystem forward.

Now few things to note as we are reaching closer to that 100th airdrop mark when the slashing will start:

1. The transfers after 100th airdrop will start slashing the accounts with the oldest records. Which means that the ones that claimed airdrop first are at the highest risk unless they moves their tokens around much later. Irrespective someone will get slashed and that's the whole game. An incentive to be active which also means more slashing. Vicious loop but let's see what happens

2. Contract accounts are protected from slashing to enable pooling for trades on dex. Now this also means that a sophisticated user can create a contract to hide his/her tokens. I wanted everyone to be aware of this. It's not easy but can be done. if this happens then the best way to control/mitigate risks for normal users into put a part of their holdings into dex pools

3. Again - would encourage everyone to watch for a few days before they trade for any significant amount. We are entering largely untested waters. I have seen the TRIS token contract break in code and other token contracts break in logic.

That's all. And remember - it's important to have fun.
proof-of-life (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 06:34:05 AM

If you take your time to create a website and a telegram, this thing could be big.

there is a discord and i am working on an IPFS website (true decentralization  Grin Grin).

I am not keen on telegram but feel free to create one and post a link. i will join as an undercover  Cool Cool
Jeddie

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 06:41:49 AM

Hi Dev,

Thank you for being proactive and creative towards the creation of the Alive token. I really love the concept. I wanted to ask if you could help with the code that can be used to create a contract for hiding the tokens. I may not be able to be moving around my coins so much and I fo so don't ever want my tokens getting slashed. Maybe you can create a step by step tutorial post on here and later on the upcoming website. It'll be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Alive to the Moon!
Keltrentt

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 07:16:30 AM

If I move my tokens from an old (lazy) address to another address...does the two wallets  now qualify as being alive or only one qualifies? And if only one qualifies as being alive, which of the wallets would that be? Thanks for your timely response
Keltrentt

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 02:32:58 PM

Now that you're online...can you say something about the observations that were made on Discord about the contract code? You can't afford to be silent on this
proof-of-life (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 04:27:00 PM

Now that you're online...can you say something about the observations that were made on Discord about the contract code? You can't afford to be silent on this

The observations made on the code are correct logically but not universally. Here is my counter:

Loops can be expensive in solidity however they depend on a large number of factors. A loop that write a storage variable in every cycle is expensive or a loop that sends out tokens or ethers in every cycle. In-memory loops are not that expensive - especially given the loop in the function stops when it finds the first memory candidate to alter(slash).

If you look at SHUF code - there are loops (while limited to 512 elements) - they essentially run sorting algo - which means when it finds a new address with a +ve token value, it not only has to run a loop but also alter the order of multiple storage elements to keep the rank list intact (bubble up/ down).

Now realistically it's highly unlikely that ALIVE will have users that run into tens of thousands. I know I am FUD-ing my own project but it's the truth. SHUF, on version three, and after a generous and wide airdrop, has 3000 holders approximately. I am not trying to use SHUF as a shield to justify bad code or trying to poke holes there. I have a lot of respect for the project because I learnt from it. What I am saying is that a code can theoretically break doesn't mean it will practically break.

ALIVE at this point has 147 addresses with 93% of airdrop already done. Right now most of the gas in the slashing function is being used for writing the storage elements. I don't see any cause of concern due to the loops in the near future. And if I end up being incorrect - then it'll be learning.

Having said all of that I have already mentioned that the objective of this project is not to be an investment vehicle.

Last but not the least, I am using this to learn for a large DAPP i am building which will be a full scale game. I am developing that game on my own time, with shoestring budget and will be free for all to play forever. There would be tokens in that but with simpler logic and the burden of the game will be carried on by other non ERC20 functions. It's difficult to get a large group of folks to test a demo and so a gamified token was the best option for me. ALIVE is still an independent project but all the feedback is helping me understand dynamics when a larger group is involved.
proof-of-life (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 04:33:32 PM

If I move my tokens from an old (lazy) address to another address...does the two wallets  now qualify as being alive or only one qualifies? And if only one qualifies as being alive, which of the wallets would that be? Thanks for your timely response

any time a transaction happens, both sender and receiver address timestamps are updated and so is the slashed's. so all three become safe for a while.
Keltrentt

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 06:21:39 AM

The observations made on the code are correct logically but not universally. Here is my counter:

Loops can be expensive in solidity however they depend on a large number of factors. A loop that write a storage variable in every cycle is expensive or a loop that sends out tokens or ethers in every cycle. In-memory loops are not that expensive - especially given the loop in the function stops when it finds the first memory candidate to alter(slash).

If you look at SHUF code - there are loops (while limited to 512 elements) - they essentially run sorting algo - which means when it finds a new address with a +ve token value, it not only has to run a loop but also alter the order of multiple storage elements to keep the rank list intact (bubble up/ down).

Now realistically it's highly unlikely that ALIVE will have users that run into tens of thousands. I know I am FUD-ing my own project but it's the truth. SHUF, on version three, and after a generous and wide airdrop, has 3000 holders approximately. I am not trying to use SHUF as a shield to justify bad code or trying to poke holes there. I have a lot of respect for the project because I learnt from it. What I am saying is that a code can theoretically break doesn't mean it will practically break.

ALIVE at this point has 147 addresses with 93% of airdrop already done. Right now most of the gas in the slashing function is being used for writing the storage elements. I don't see any cause of concern due to the loops in the near future. And if I end up being incorrect - then it'll be learning.

Having said all of that I have already mentioned that the objective of this project is not to be an investment vehicle.

Last but not the least, I am using this to learn for a large DAPP i am building which will be a full scale game. I am developing that game on my own time, with shoestring budget and will be free for all to play forever. There would be tokens in that but with simpler logic and the burden of the game will be carried on by other non ERC20 functions. It's difficult to get a large group of folks to test a demo and so a gamified token was the best option for me. ALIVE is still an independent project but all the feedback is helping me understand dynamics when a larger group is involved.

After reading your conversation with Agusx1211 on Discord, I'll like to know if a new token will be created or not. Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: