Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion: Best Turnkey solution for 200 miners behind slow internet connection  (Read 303 times)
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 12:27:40 AM

please correct me if i'm wrong ,
maybe by increasing the difficulty to a higher value by using (if pool support it , for example) "D=512000"
Then the miners will send out less data (less frequently)

You are 100% correct, higher difficulty = less data transmission , setting a higher difficulty also means a lot of shares that you would have been rewarded for will go unpaid, but of course payout in the long run won't be any different because while you do submit less shares, those less shares worth just as much as those many, after all the hashrate is what matters.

However, to my understanding, most mining pools try to set high enough difficulty for your miner to avoid bandwidth congestion, after all the pool guys are more eager to keep the communications between you and them as low as possible than you are , so while your statement is true,  I doubt it does benefit the OP by any means.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coffeefan
Copper Member

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 02:47:50 PM

I still don't understand why powerful 4G antenna + support construction wouldn't work in the location?  Huh
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 06:06:10 PM

I still don't understand why powerful 4G antenna + support construction wouldn't work in the location?  Huh

There is no reason why this set-up wouldn't work, but come to think about it, 4G is relatively a new technology and many countries only started building 4G infrastructure recently, in fact wireless internet in general is very expensive to use, it is not expensive to set-up from the user stand-point, but it's too expensive to operate.

Where I live, using a 4G connection to run all my gears and despite the little bandwidth they use, I will probably have to pay a lot more for the ISP company than I can afford , 4G here is still a premium service, people use it only when they have no other option at all, I know this may sound strange for people who live in well developed countries , but to the rest of the world , 4G is never an option.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 05:50:31 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2019, 06:12:35 PM by Artemis3

please correct me if i'm wrong ,
maybe by increasing the difficulty to a higher value by using (if pool support it , for example) "D=512000"
Then the miners will send out less data (less frequently)

There is no need for this, most pools will auto adjust the difficulty to what you can actually deliver, be it hashrate or bandwidth. Forcing it usually leads to a worse (suboptimal) situation, let the pool do it for you.

I still don't understand why powerful 4G antenna + support construction wouldn't work in the location?  Huh

You can use 4g here (sometimes, lol) and when it works, it goes really fast. But they cap it to like 1g of data per month so you can empty it in like 1 day watching youtube. Then it stops entirely. A couple of the companies (there are just 3) charge you per byte after that. The third is State owned and is a weird mystery. It would be too complicated to explain, you can't even tell what data plan you have, and new customers are not offered data plans at all (everything is metered by the byte, and expensive).

Most likely there is no 4g coverage where that setup is. In many not so well developed countries, mobile data coverage is... random. Maybe no data but phone, maybe data but the slower one, maybe 4g but after an hour it switches to the slower one, or leaves you without data until you reset it...

And here sometimes you can even get 4g link but no internet, because they have problems upstream as well...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
akagi82 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 09:38:13 PM

I still don't understand why powerful 4G antenna + support construction wouldn't work in the location?  Huh

A 4G Antenna / repeater is an option.  But would need to to coordinate with telecom to put it up.  They will gladly take your money to improve their infrastructure.  Time and cutting thru red tape to arrange such a thing is an issue (government involvement to put up a structure).  Plans in this country are also somwhat expensive for data, but somewhat coming down in price as of late.  Cheap electricity = remote = bad infrastructure for tech.

Thanks for your interest and posting though Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: