Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:23:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will crypto really go to zero?  (Read 3252 times)
pawanjain

Activity: 2646
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 03:37:58 PM

That is highly unlikely to happen because crypto going down to zero would mean everybody has sold their coins and there is nobody to buy another coin.
So that is pretty much not going to happen until the internet breaks out and doesn't come back up again. Again, that's not going to happen either.
So we don't have to worry about crypto going to zero ever.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 03:47:17 PM

Back in the day, Vitalik once said that crypto will be going to zero.
oh really ? on what you year did he said that ? if he said that many years ago , he is definetly wrong with his predictions because btc is still here growing  but he said it last recently like for example last month or last year  ,we cant still  make a conclusion as early as now . we still need to wait for a few more years and observed if btc is suffering from price declines  . anyway , vitalik isnt the one that thinks btc will go down to zero because there is also a thread right here that said the same thing

darth_cryptorider

Activity: 470
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 03:48:27 PM

There is such a possibility that crypto can go to zero.  But I don't know any scenario which can create such possibility for me its more possible that traditional financial system will collapse
Sebas.tian

Activity: 1988
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 03:57:52 PM

Tactically any project without scalability will eventually end up in zero. Some few years back I said things like this, " time will come when these altcoins will turn zero, but not all, exclusively few". This is exactly what we have seen, more to be see in the nearest future because there have been ponzi scheme projects everywhere in the name of getting investors scam Through cryptocurrency. Altcoins will be seen few after 2020.

ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 04:02:32 PM

The space had gone a long way to see it go back to zero but am scared of the Government. Have seen what they are capable of doing in recent months. Charlie Lee said similar thing today comparing the response of government on e-cigarette to cryptocurrency. Imagine if the coin climbs to $100k+ and more than 50% is in china, at this stage with the leadership of America they cants be comfortable with it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
dcomomal
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 04:06:46 PM

If crypto currencies will continue to stay at the same point and do not show significant price increases, crypto may die off. I have talked today with some colleagues about why is crypto still not mass adopted and nobody was able to give the answer. Maybe is the whole crypto movement just pointless.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 04:52:16 PM

since the existence of bitcoin, there have always been concerns, fears, doubts, even challenges from large parties, and have a great influence. however, until now, the price of cryptocurency has always increased, and new projects have emerged. bitcoin has a high enough price, and it's already spread. even some countries have begun to recognize it, and exploit it. I don't really know about this, but I am so sure that crypto will remain valuable as long as people still use it.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2144

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 05:24:04 PM

There are thousands of coins out there, some of them will definitely go to zero, and in the past many have already did. But crypto in general won't go to zero because there's at least one coin that will never be worthless - Bitcoin. So, a better question would be to ask how many coins will go to zero in the long run - just some, or almost all of them? I would say the latter, because it doesn't make any sense to have many coins all wanting to do the same job - users will just pick the best coin, and some will use alternatives, but the rest will hardly be used. So, in 10 years there might be only a few dozens of coins left.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 05:46:14 PM

Back in the day, Vitalik once said that crypto will be going to zero. There has been many concerns about the longevity of cryptocurrency as a serious form of money, given that it's relatively unstable within the mainstream world. It's been 10 years since Bitcoin was created where crypto has had its ups and downs. However, many are afraid that crypto will be going to zero as the blockchain hype ends and governments start rolling their own digital currencies. When we take a look at most cryptocurrencies on the market, most of them aren't even useful at all. Perhaps, the only one is Bitcoin but it's terrible as a currency for daily transactions.

Which is why, I'm starting to wonder if crypto will really go to zero in the future? If this happens, then most of us will lose our hard-earned money as crypto becomes worthless. What are your thoughts? Huh

It is possible but I haven't seen any revolutionary invention of man that didn't end up being used by the masses. Take for example, graphene, it is a remarkable and revolutionary substance. The substance was discovered again in 2004, and they made detailed information out of its properties. It has a lot of promising applications, but until now, it is not widely used.

So is it a failed invention? No, the development of it takes time.

nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 06:52:22 PM

Some scam tokens are almost hitting zero and or stopped trading at very low levels. I invested in a much hyped project called Cartaxi. See now its more than 99% down from its ICO price. Such shame on that team.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:00:05 PM

The possibilities of cryptocurrency (mostly altcoins) going back to zero is inevitable, we're already seeing some altcoins becoming worthless in less than months after they launch their projects. Bitcoin on the bright side have pass the test of time as it has successfully function for 10 straight years thereby proving the possibility of it having zero value can't be brought into the conversation, bitcoin is the future of money meaning it's here to stay.
The paradox is that in this case, BTC continues to be technically one of the worst coins. I think that cryptocurrencies are turning into something else more convenient for everyday life. Of course, these will be altcoins. After that, Bitcoin will become something of a rare collectible coin that enthusiasts will support (since even 21 million of the nominal stock does not allow convenient use of this coin).

gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:03:34 PM

Cryptocurrency won't go to zero no matter how we analyse it. Some coins developed without utility will stop existing and then we can all say such coins got to zero.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:04:22 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 02:06:57 AM by mr_random

Cryptocurrency may collapse if you think so. However, when large corporations enter this market, I understand that if this happens then not today and not in the near future.
Yes indeed, it never has been happened until now cryptocurrency has been extended, of course, the situation is changeable. But the mentioned situation is very bad, it has never happened during crypto history. Crypto can't go to zero or it will be disappointing for the crypto community. As you mentioned, while using it instead of going to zero cryptos will achieve the higher marketcap. It is already mentioned by the majority of the experienced crypto experts. Going to the dip will be the next opportunity for the new investors who missed those low-cheap prices during the previous years.
htsy585

Activity: 573
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 08:44:13 PM

It's very much obvious now that cryptocurrency is not going to zero. I guess the prediction called by Vitalik would have been overturned if he made it yesterday. The world is gradually adopting blockchain and cryptocurrency. China is creating its own blockchain asset and likewise other centralized bodies. Crypto is going no where
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2019, 09:05:27 PM
Merited by reardenlife (1)

I think you have taken his statement in the wrong sense, he was talking about low quality projects/coins generally termed as sh*tcoins and i think every member agrees with his statement, how can you even think that he will say that his own currency eth is going to be zero?? It is simple his statement is to alert people not to invest in low quality projects and pick only high quality projects so that your funds are safe, investing in pump and dumps coins is like gambling where majority is always going to loose so stick with real projects with real use cases and competent teams.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 09:57:24 PM

There is no certainty when it comes to crypto, but I strongly believe crypto won't go to zero since there are constant improvements in the underlying technology (blockchain technology). More and more sectors, even government authorities, are harnessing the blockchain and provided the blockchain essence continues, I doubt if crypto can be removed out of the picture. It's a fact that most altcoins will be dead in the long run, but not bitcoin.

I believe that there is a lot of FUD within the mainstream world related to crypto and Blockchain technology in general. Perhaps, some people are saying that crypto is going to zero because they fear the space's extreme volatility. But given that many governments and central banks have become interested into Blockchain technology, I hardly doubt that every cryptocurrency will become worthless over time. It's true that most altcoins will die in the long run, since they lack use cases within the mainstream world. But Bitcoin will remain strong for many years to come.

We will just have to wait until crypto becomes widely adopted within the mainstream world, for prices to stabilize once and for all. Regulation is needed in order to help legitimize the Blockchain industry. Hopefully, as institutional investors come into play, crypto will rise in demand like never before. But who knows? Crypto is known to behave in many strange and bizarre ways. There could exist the possibility of crypto going to zero in the event of an extreme panic sell sometime in the future.

Nonetheless, the uncertain behavior of crypto keeps many people in suspense. Which is why, we've seen comments across mainstream media from crypto going to zero to being worth trillions of dollars within the future. As long as there are people like you and me supporting crypto and Blockchain technology, they'll be here to stay for a very long time. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mihtju

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 10:01:00 PM

It's too sad a scenario. It cannot be that there will be only one bitcoin left. Most likely a large number of altcoins really die, but among them there are promising, who have a future.

sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 10:10:09 PM

Yes. And with investors and users of bitcoin keep coming around, crypto will never go to zero definitely. Some banks are already integrating crypto into their banking transactions so they know already the potentials of crypto particularly bitcoin that will be mainstream in the future. Bitcoin will only go down to zero if people will stop patronizing bitcoin and the rest of its crypto currencies.
cryptocurrency demand still increase everyday and one can stop them even goverment or company can't control this.
and for now precisely blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem get more support from company and goverment because many country are implementing blockchain technology.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 10:39:49 PM

It won’t happen that all crypto will return to zero ! First we will have a lot of useless tokens going to extinction and wiped off , the rest will compete healthily to survive while the process of wiping off continues steadily !
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 10:50:31 PM

I give much premium to vitallik opinion but on this I would disagree. Crypto will not get to zero. The investment is already so enormous that it will be near impossible for crypto to go to zero
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: