Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:09:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs vs IEOs?  (Read 658 times)
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 01:25:36 AM

there are so many ico i have been part of but nowadays there are a trend is coming in the way of IEO. But i can not figure out why? because IEO is already have tokens on exchange that is why or is there any other reason?

What thoughts you have about it ?

The trend of ICO is going down, and it replaces by IEO. The ICO needs participants to help the project reach success in the future, and they also need investor to fund their projects. But the IEO needs a recommended exchanges to promote their project, and if they can get listed on the legit exchanges, it means their project is a good project, and the project can compete with the other project.

But that is no guarantee to see the IEO will be more successful than the ICO because that will depends on the developer and the teams, and of course the community of the project that will always support the project.

I think with getting listed on the exchanges, the project can cut off the way to distribute the token because the investor can buy the token directly on the exchanges with the IEO price. And if the project is good enough, then the token price can increase in the future, and it will attract more investor to buy the token. The chance to get scam from the project can be minimized because before the project can get listed on the exchanges, they need to verify with the exchanges verification so they can enter to the list of the IEO project in the exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 02:23:58 AM

IEO guarantees new coins and tokens to get the exchange market immediately so that investor confidence is more convincing. But I think at this time not all IEO projects are free from fraud, but also must be careful with fraud
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 03:26:19 AM

IEO guarantees new coins and tokens to get the exchange market immediately so that investor confidence is more convincing. But I think at this time not all IEO projects are free from fraud, but also must be careful with fraud
Tokens or coins that already exist in the market indeed increase investor confidence in placing their funds. However, there are some criteria that must still be analyzed in-depth, for example, a trusted exchange, project quality, market interest, etc. Because there is no guarantee that all IEO will succeed.

Ashes4Beauty

Activity: 48
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 05:51:16 AM

I think IEO offers instant trading of the project's token on the exchange the IEO was conducted unlike ICO through which aside raising funds via it, the project team has to seek exchange(s) to get their token listed for trading. My dismay with IEO is that manipulation and centralization is very in the high side.
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 06:08:29 AM

there are so many ico i have been part of but nowadays there are a trend is coming in the way of IEO. But i can not figure out why? because IEO is already have tokens on exchange that is why or is there any other reason?

To be practical and easy investment choose IEO. This is the hassle free investment in crypto for now. But make sure to join only on good and huge exchanges such as Binance, some IEO are not trusted enough and no liquidity right after their token sale. ICO is for risk taker who still believe with some potential projects that has capability to become a good project.
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 06:33:34 AM

To be practical and easy investment choose IEO. This is the hassle free investment in crypto for now. But make sure to join only on good and huge exchanges such as Binance, some IEO are not trusted enough and no liquidity right after their token sale. ICO is for risk taker who still believe with some potential projects that has capability to become a good project.
I agree. IEO is quite effective for investors who have no experience in cryptocurrency, no need to bother analyzing too complicated because usually a global exchange like Binance will be very selective in choosing an IEO partner. But it must also be understood that there is always a risk, be wise in managing your funds.

DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 06:56:36 AM

although IEO is quite convincing compared to ICO, we still have to do in-depth research on the project that we will advertise, in terms of the team, even their white paper. to avoid fraud, try to support projects that carry out IEO in well-known markets. it may have a small risk because it can also affect related markets, so popular markets must first conduct research on projects that will do IEO on their markets.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Jating

Activity: 2884
Merit: 783

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 07:28:55 AM

Here is a good explanation from OKEx

https://medium.com/okex-blog/ieo-vs-ico-what-are-the-differences-f0a700bb9a5c

It's good though that we have this kind of business model, I mean a lot of investors are complaining about scam ICO in the crypto-verse and it's about time that at least we can minimised them by the introduction of IEO which is being run by trusted exchange.

However, it doesn't mean that scammers are not going to evolved and get themselves into IEO. There are some projects you might take advantage of this new trend and run a scam specially hiding behind from not so trusted exchanges. So we still need to be very careful and do due diligence.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
tonyja2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:31:45 AM

The market is growing, so it's always changing. IEO was born to improve security and security for customers and it is considered an upgrade of the ICO. Also because part of the ICO has so many frauds without strict laws that make many people scam so they choose IEO to ensure their own rights.

Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 09:32:58 AM

although IEO is quite convincing compared to ICO, we still have to do in-depth research on the project that we will advertise, in terms of the team, even their white paper. to avoid fraud, try to support projects that carry out IEO in well-known markets. it may have a small risk because it can also affect related markets, so popular markets must first conduct research on projects that will do IEO on their markets.

Agree, in the end it all depends on the project and the product produced. IEO might be profitable but in my opinion it's only a short term and if without a good product and a solid developer team, eventually investors will leave the project

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
confreslamp
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 09:39:19 AM

Direct exchange listing is the best thing that IEOs can offer. You do not need to wait for months for a token to get listing on exchange and if this exchange where IEO is held is Binance, it is not comparable with a regular ICO.

o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 10:17:37 AM

Currently the new trend IEO. I think the biggest reason for this is that most of investors don't trust ICO anymore. And especially investors can rely on IEOs which are organized by reliable exchanges and make good profits in a short time. And usually, shortly after IEO, tokens is begining to be trade on the exchange. So the investors are not so much waiting and can buying-selling with that tokens in exchange in a short time.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 10:24:06 AM

Direct exchange listing is the best thing that IEOs can offer. You do not need to wait for months for a token to get listing on exchange and if this exchange where IEO is held is Binance, it is not comparable with a regular ICO.

One of the factors IEO is interested in by investors is fast listing and also the security of customer funds. The sale of tokens is held by the exchanger and it is difficult for the developer team to escape the token sales fund. With these two factors, IEO has become a new trend and a new favorite in token sales and I think IEO is an opportunity for profit

dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 10:59:02 AM

Due ICO Already lost their trust to crypto community,  there's new method for fund rising. It called IEO. Exchange which is doing IEO are promised to list the token after IEO end. But I don't guarantee profit for it because not every IEO will success and give you high ROI. Some of them are just manipulate the bar. And for doing IEO it not as easy. It will take cost approximately 10-100 BTC.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 12:10:31 PM

Currently the new trend IEO. I think the biggest reason for this is that most of investors don't trust ICO anymore. And especially investors can rely on IEOs which are organized by reliable exchanges and make good profits in a short time. And usually, shortly after IEO, tokens is begining to be trade on the exchange. So the investors are not so much waiting and can buying-selling with that tokens in exchange in a short time.

After many ICO scams in 2018, many investors are more interested in IEO. It's hard to say that all IEOs are profitable because many IEOs hosted by small exchangers have fallen in price after the initial listing. In my opinion, a good IEO depends on the exchanger who runs it, but it also depends on the project. If the project is good and has a prospect even though IEO in the exchanger is small, the price will gradually go up and investors will look at it

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 01:31:27 PM

IEO is seen as more credible than ICOs because tokens/coins are listed on already existing exchanges. This gives investors the needed boost and confidence which ICOs most times don't have. It's a great advantage because we all love to put our money where we feel it's secured. Personally, I wouldn't put my money on an ICO except I am cocksure the team wears integrity like a second skin. We all fear dumps and projects not getting listed at all. These are a few of the things IEOs take care of as an edge over ICOs.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 02:08:39 PM

it doesn't matter what they name it, as long as what they sell you is useless.
whether they call it ICO or IEO or any other I-Os in the end the product you are receiving is a useless token that was created only to receive that money from you. think about it a little bit, so far in the past couple of years we had thousands of tokens, and you know how many of them were useful? the answer is a big fat ZERO. none of them had any reason to exist but to raise money and go away. that is why every single one of them has dropped hard so far and many of them are already dead.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 02:13:49 PM

as you said, because IEO already has tokens on the exchange, so there will be no more anxiety waiting when the project enters the exchange market.
Another reason is certainly in terms of security, the IEO system is risking the ownership of the project token behind the exchange reputation it has, so it is considered far more trustworthy than the ICO system.

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 05:32:15 PM

The trend of ICO is going down, and it replaces by IEO. The ICO needs participants to help the project reach success in the future, and they also need investor to fund their projects. But the IEO needs a recommended exchanges to promote their project, and if they can get listed on the legit exchanges, it means their project is a good project, and the project can compete with the other project.
But that is no guarantee to see the IEO will be more successful than the ICO because that will depends on the developer and the teams, and of course the community of the project that will always support the project.
I think with getting listed on the exchanges, the project can cut off the way to distribute the token because the investor can buy the token directly on the exchanges with the IEO price. And if the project is good enough, then the token price can increase in the future, and it will attract more investor to buy the token. The chance to get scam from the project can be minimized because before the project can get listed on the exchanges, they need to verify with the exchanges verification so they can enter to the list of the IEO project in the exchanges.

Having reached its peak in 2017, ICO-hype began to fade away. The main reasons for the decline were a fraud and close attention from regulators. With the beginning of 2019, a significant revival took place in the crypto industry, a new player appeared on the scene - IEO. The main difference between IEO and ICO is the presence of a crypto exchange between the investor and the issuer of the token. IEOs are safer, therefore.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Weng simok

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 07:29:09 PM

The reason investors prefer Ieo is that Ieo is indeed safer than investing in ico right now, investors who are interested in buying a token project can certainly buy it directly from an exchange in collaboration with a token developer. So the level of fraud will be very small, in other words the exchange market is the liaison between investors and developers, and other benefits gained by investors in ieo are investors will be able to directly trade on exchanges that put on ieo after Ieo is officially ended.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: