Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:21:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked Blockchain.com Wallet - You should NEVER use online wallets !  (Read 413 times)
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1209

#SWGT available on MEXC, Bitget, Lbank, Bitmart

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2019, 10:10:03 AM

Conclusion:

I am not 100% sure who is to blame for this issue,
but I know that we should NEVER use any online wallet,
no matter how safe they claim it is.

Unfortunately, you are late to find this out and it comes from your bad experience, When I was just starting out I've read a lot of users losing their Bitcoin because it was stored in an online wallet, that is why online wallet and a phone wallet is the least of my priority among all wallets,
Ledger wallet is always the best choice but if you still cannot afford a desktop wallet and a strong password is the best option, so far all my coins are safe because I never use an online wallet, people who are new here should always secure their by picking the best option.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 08:56:23 AM

I don't understand how blockchain.info gets hacked even though they send authentication mails when anyone logs in but when my wallet got hacked, I got no mail and lost 0.05 BTC. Like in my case, I had installed a phishing software, sure the user must have done the same or used a phishing app which is why he lost his bitcoins. Blockchain.info is itself the worse wallet to use as they don't send authentication mails and just say they use 2FA.

All of those measures to ensure your account is safe are just precautionary and nothing absolute for two reasons. Its either the hackers are smart enough to intercept whatever verification that is being sent to the owners of the account for verification or there is an element of human at the back end who compromise things and because the Company will never publicly admit to such error from their end, they give room for people to carry such activities out. How do I know this, in the bank it is mandatory that every transactions that goes through your account, you get notified via email or text but there is a way the bankers do it that you might be debited or credited and you won't be notified in that case, whatever verification that needs to be done can be deactivated for that purpose alone until the deed is done.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: