Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any Altcoins out there backed by real assets?  (Read 634 times)
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 08:52:07 PM

I think I know a coin backed by gold. According to the project description, one of their GOLD tokens is backed by 1 gram of 99.99% pure gold. And their gold is stored by BuillonStar, you can also easily check their gold at BuillonStar through their account number. This is their website.
https://gold.storage/en/market

We can't be ensured by their words, i have seen many projects who claimed they are backed by gold like Bitdepository, Jinbi and so on. But in the end, they all failed badly.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 09:30:11 PM

Looking for an Altcoin that is backed by something; akin to the Gold standard as opposed to just speculation....

Thanks in Advance

That is true, asides Us dollar and Gold, I have not really come across any cryptocurrency backed by physical assets like crude or other precious stones. However, I belive it will come soon or later as cryptocurrency adoption gains momentum worldwide

mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 09:30:59 PM

Looking for an Altcoin that is backed by something; akin to the Gold standard as opposed to just speculation....

Thanks in Advance

I doubt such coins exist at this point in time. How can they be supported by something if cryptocurrency is almost never legalized anywhere?

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
TokenHodlr (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 11:25:44 PM

I think I know a coin backed by gold. According to the project description, one of their GOLD tokens is backed by 1 gram of 99.99% pure gold. And their gold is stored by BuillonStar, you can also easily check their gold at BuillonStar through their account number. This is their website.
https://gold.storage/en/market

We can't be ensured by their words, i have seen many projects who claimed they are backed by gold like Bitdepository, Jinbi and so on. But in the end, they all failed badly.

The technology to audit their words is available off the shelf. It has been with us since the smart phone. Now, with blockchain authentication, the greatest enemy to price/value discovery is fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD). That is mitigated by community line-of-sight audit.
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 11:29:41 PM

Thanks in Advance

I doubt such coins exist at this point in time. How can they be supported by something if cryptocurrency is almost never legalized anywhere?

Forget about it being legalized or not, because that might not be obtainable due to some issues surrounding it, but inasmuch as it is sure and well proven that is has a physical backing to give it some value, then it's fine. With time, we might see the full legality on crypto.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 11:35:57 PM

They don't need to be backed buy assets. What the hell is a "real asset" what makes it real? Money isn't even backed by gold. You don't need it to be backed by anything. It is backed by an idea or miners and hardware.
Unless you mean a real functioning company and the asset is the actual company?
TokenHodlr (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 12:52:21 AM

They don't need to be backed buy assets. What the hell is a "real asset" what makes it real? Money isn't even backed by gold. You don't need it to be backed by anything. It is backed by an idea or miners and hardware.

Bingo. Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!
TokenHodlr (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 06:15:48 PM

I had not intended to come off as flippant, although I will confess, I was two glasses deep into my weekly indulgence.

Please allow me to redress by providing a fuller answer to your thoughtful comment.

I agree with your statement in general, and of course in theory. They don't need to be backed by assets in the practical sense; however, widely accepted methods of exchange that have withstood the test of time are all backed by something, either by faith, military, GDP, natural resources, strong-arm aka cartel/mafia....or any combination thereof.

Although there are many ways of defining the term "real asset", because of my background owning, operating, buying, and selling businesses and assets from turnarounds and bankruptcies, I define assets very narrowly. They are productive processes, equipment, buildings, real estate, plants. Not only do these assets have tangible net value in and of themselves, these activities produce an income stream of present and future cash flows. This and only this can cycle, otherwise you will eventually run out of other peoples money.

Your corollary point "money isn't even backed by gold" is exactly why the U.S. dollar has lost more than 95% of its purchasing power since the tricky dick administration took us off the gold standard in '71.

And the "Bingo" reference, of course, was a recognition of what I'm looking for, an offering in the crypto space that is built atop "a real functioning company" and the assets I speak of is that company producing profits back to the community, not out of some sense of altruism, but because they have earned it.

One more confession, as I close; I've been looking at this ICO/Crypto/Blockchain/..... space for more than 3 years, meaning I had very little expectation, after having read literally hundreds of whitepapers in that time, that I would receive notification or recommendation of the existence of any such project out there or currently in the pipeline, that, "Are there any Altcoins out there backed by real assets?"
betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 06:58:04 PM

Some coins claim to be backed by something tangible like Gold and silver. Well some are scared to enter the market, they say they are waiting for a better robust market, I only hope they have not scammed investors. Ixinium is still ongoing project, I can't tell how it will end.
OliviaS

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 07:08:46 PM

Some coins claim to be backed by something tangible like Gold and silver. Well some are scared to enter the market, they say they are waiting for a better robust market, I only hope they have not scammed investors. Ixinium is still ongoing project, I can't tell how it will end.
Of course, many of them will turn out to be tricksters. For old investors, this is very bad. Well, for a new stage of investing, this only plays into the hands. After all, when the market begins to get rid of fraudulent projects, top projects will begin to attract more and more new investments.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 07:42:16 PM

It seems that simple google search would give you plenty of information, i often see such projects.
Tokens backed by gold, metals, USD and even diamonds.
The legitimacy is something different. Diamond example - cedex.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 07:53:05 PM

Thanks in Advance

Its going to be really difficult to see one though as there is huge difference between claiming that they have and what is really in play. A lot of alt created make claim of being backed by real assets but there is no way to verify such claim and because there is no regulatory body to ensure that, the moment they can have a tight evidence to back up their claim, its assumed that they are saying the truth.

I would like to see one though most like from already established businesses maybe in retail or production that it won't he difficult to get verification on their claim.
TokenHodlr (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 09:26:50 PM

It seems that simple google search would give you plenty of information, i often see such projects.
Tokens backed by gold, metals, USD and even diamonds.
The legitimacy is something different. Diamond example - cedex.

Pegged, not backed.

There are over 2600 of them out there now and double that have come and gone.
Your Google search will find only "pegged".
Backed implies convertibility.
Almost all of these can be converted into nothing. This is the issue we strive and struggle to remedy.

Thank you for your contribution toward that noble and worthy outcome.
TokenHodlr (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 09:34:10 PM

Thanks in Advance

Its going to be really difficult to see one though as there is huge difference between claiming that they have and what is really in play. A lot of alt created make claim of being backed by real assets but there is no way to verify such claim and because there is no regulatory body to ensure that, the moment they can have a tight evidence to back up their claim, its assumed that they are saying the truth.

I would like to see one though most like from already established businesses maybe in retail or production that it won't he difficult to get verification on their claim.

Difficult only in the sense that it has yet to be conceived, designed, engineered and brought to market.

SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2019, 09:52:38 PM

Since you cant actually see the backed asset I really doubt there will be one at the end of the days So be very careful with those project Blockchain is decentralized and most time there is absolutely no way to arrest scammer You can end up losing money....Just learn trading and maybe try it out a bit

Hypnosis00

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 10:17:53 PM

Since you cant actually see the backed asset I really doubt there will be one at the end of the days So be very careful with those project Blockchain is decentralized and most time there is absolutely no way to arrest scammer You can end up losing money....Just learn trading and maybe try it out a bit
Will it hope that there is something we could find and have to prove that crypto isn't just an illusion but it is real.
If there is, this could be a big help either...because of what (most) people think is that crypto is a scam and having them in doubt.

Searching is the only way to find them but somehow some sites are misleading/

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
r_delossa

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 09:09:11 AM

I have searched for such projects a lot and you can find plenty of them, but unfortunately, they are not my favourite coins, because they do not have any real use case, besides being backed by some precious metal.
TokenHodlr (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 07:07:21 PM

Searching is the only way to find them but somehow some sites are misleading/
I have searched for such projects a lot and you can find plenty of them, but unfortunately, they are not my favourite coins, because they do not have any real use case, besides being backed by some precious metal.

On the matter of 'seeing' and/or auditing the assets that are claimed to be backing, or better yet, the core value behind the method of exchange (MOE), I can think of a number of different system configurations whereby any participant with a web-enabled device could see with their own eyes 7/24, every aspect of operations from input to output to experience outcome. In fact, I have installed a number of these systems in the companies I have bought, sold and started over the years.

One example was a business a few years back that was bought mere weeks before planned bankruptcy filing. The biggest factor to the enterprise's sad condition was loss directly attributable to shrinkage/theft. I installed a simple, relatively inexpensive (in fact it paid for itself within about 72 hours) audio/video surveillance system throughout the production plant and its satellite operations.

Set a video conference up along with a catered lunch for the employees remaining. The gist of the conversation, was telling them what they already knew, that shrinkage and theft were stealing their jobs...explained how the system worked and how it would be used to turn the business profitable again, securing their jobs, enabling good pay raises and other benefits. After implementation, the company experienced the most profitable quarter in its 7+ years in business. 

Blockchain or digital ledger technology can be utilized for the very purpose of authentication, transparency in all transactions, whether they be payables, receivables, or any other element of operations for all to see. This is the missing mechanism whereby true price/value discovery can be made at any moment in any transaction without the FUD factor. This stops volatility in its tracks. Fungibility and utility, as well as network and scaling effects, are real, sustainable, and the sound foundation of an appreciating, highly valued and sought-after method of exchange (MOE).

A native Tor browser would do all of the above and much more and is available off the shelf, re-inventing the wheel isn't what I'm looking for or proposing here. In my 3+ years of researching these issues and more than 30 years of operations experience reveals to me that the right team with the right balance, both in breadth and depth of experience, has simply not been put together to produce even one project that successfully combines all of the elements necessary for the project to go from ICO to Apex-class competitor.

Newbie ramblings again....
TokenHodlr (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 08:25:30 PM

Unclear on what the catalyst could be, if anything news-wise, but cryptos are collapsing across the board with altcoins leading the plunge...

Bitcoin’s network hash rate dipped a record 40% yesterday, Sept. 23, in a sudden shock for the network.

shinratensei_
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1024

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 05:27:38 AM

I thought that you have forgotten the meant of legal tender.
The government and regulation make it becomes a real thing even without backed by a commodity like gold. But the regulators who are issuing it and backed it with their own regulation.

Money and gold are different things and remember when the gold era was replaced by fiat standard as the main payment system.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄